Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 67 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 993

Thread: 8/24 Gamethread vs. Giants.. Begin the West Coast Trip

  1. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    2,348

    Re: 8/24 Gamethread vs. Giants.. Begin the West Coast Trip

    I can do PBP if necessary--game's on live out here.

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #17
    Worst Behavior. reds44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    25,481

    Re: 8/24 Gamethread vs. Giants.. Begin the West Coast Trip

    Dunn and Griffey should be flipped.

    Most people agree with that.

    Hatte should bat 2nd, IMO.

  4. #18
    Porkchop Sandwiches DoogMinAmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Homebase, Ohio
    Posts
    2,539

    Re: 8/24 Gamethread vs. Giants.. Begin the West Coast Trip

    Quote Originally Posted by reds44
    Dunn and Griffey should be flipped.

    Most people agree with that.

    Hatte should bat 2nd, IMO.
    Maybe so. But Jr is starting to heat up, not a bad idea to ride it now, considering we had to suffer through a horrendous July to get here.

    Overall, the truth is that I really can not vehemently disagree with Narron's recent lineups, and I think it speaks more to the level of talent than anything.
    "I'm a Cucumber, I'm a cucumber. I'm a cucumber, I'm a cucumber. I'm a cucumber, I'm a cucumber. Please don't send me to the pickle farm, bum." - Brak

    Record In Games Attended, 2007: 2-1 (1-0 GAB, 1-1 Jake)

  5. #19
    Member Cedric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Monroe
    Posts
    6,415

    Re: 8/24 Gamethread vs. Giants.. Begin the West Coast Trip

    Feliz is the kind of hacking junk that kills the Reds.

    Hope I'm wrong.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

  6. #20
    Member VR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Vancouver, Wa
    Posts
    8,592

    Re: 8/24 Gamethread vs. Giants.. Begin the West Coast Trip

    Quote Originally Posted by DoogMinAmo
    Maybe so. But Jr is starting to heat up, not a bad idea to ride it now, considering we had to suffer through a horrendous July to get here.

    Overall, the truth is that I really can not vehemently disagree with Narron's recent lineups, and I think it speaks more to the level of talent than anything.
    I agree Griff is coming out of his funk....which is all the more reason to get Dunn ahead of him at #3.
    Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand

  7. #21
    Who Dey!! GridironGrace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Monticello, Kentucky
    Posts
    2,395

    Re: 8/24 Gamethread vs. Giants.. Begin the West Coast Trip

    Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig
    His K's are pretty much irrelevant in determining where he hits.

    He hits 5th because Griffey has to hit 3rd (that's a separate debate), and Narron wants to split of the 2 LH hitters with EE. Otherwise, with our top OBA guy hitting 2nd (Hatteberg), you'd have 3 LH hitters in a row.
    Jr is the more seasoned hitter, and CAN hit for contact when needed. You want your #3 hitter to: 1, drive in your 1, 2 hitters or.. 2, be on base for ur #4 and #5 hitter.

    #3 hitter is typically your BEST BAT. The one you count on the most IMO.. some may think your best hitter is the one who gets on base more, or the one with the bettr avg. other than ur leadoff. Jr has the patiance to bat #3 and i just dont feel dunn is better than jr as a #3 hitter.

    Besides if you bat Dunn #3 his chances of being at the plate with no one on are a bit higher.. at #5, if any 2 batter ahead of him get on in the first inning he's batting with a runner in scoring possition. Not to mention his power #'s.

    if u flop dunn and jr in THIS LINEUP.. id walk dunn everytime and let the inexperance of edwin GIDP
    Proud Member of "The Bengals Lair"
    http://www.uranking.com/vote.asp?member=45269
    http://www.powerhouserock.net
    Somebody's gotta win and somebody's gotta lose and I believe in letting the other guy lose. - Pete Rose

  8. #22
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    2,348

    Re: 8/24 Gamethread vs. Giants.. Begin the West Coast Trip

    Pregame

    Welcome to beautiful SBC Park in San Francisco, for the opener of four between the suddenly resurgent Giants and the most loveable and entertaining mediocre ballclub of all time, your Cincinnati Reds. Thanks to a 5-2 New York win over the Cards, the Redlegs will move into a tie for first with a win.

    The illustrious Jon Miller is on play-by-play, and I can confirm that given his enormous bald round head and pinched facial features that he continues to look like an animated billiard ball.

    On the hill for the Giants is Brad Hennessey. He's pitched mostly out of the pen this season and it was somewhat surprising news that he was slated to start this game.

    The Reds will send up Freel, Hatteberg, and Griffey in the top of the first.

  9. #23
    Who Dey!! GridironGrace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Monticello, Kentucky
    Posts
    2,395

    Re: 8/24 Gamethread vs. Giants.. Begin the West Coast Trip

    anyone have a radio feed?
    Proud Member of "The Bengals Lair"
    http://www.uranking.com/vote.asp?member=45269
    http://www.powerhouserock.net
    Somebody's gotta win and somebody's gotta lose and I believe in letting the other guy lose. - Pete Rose

  10. #24
    Member OnBaseMachine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    34,844

    Re: 8/24 Gamethread vs. Giants.. Begin the West Coast Trip

    Quote Originally Posted by GridironGrace
    .
    Besides if you bat Dunn #3 his chances of being at the plate with no one on are a bit higher.. at #5, if any 2 batter ahead of him get on in the first inning he's batting with a runner in scoring possition. Not to mention his power #'s.
    Only the leadoff hitter leads off more innings than the number five hitter.
    I miss Adam Dunn.

  11. #25
    Worst Behavior. reds44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    25,481

    Re: 8/24 Gamethread vs. Giants.. Begin the West Coast Trip

    Please don't let this be the beginning of the end. I am enjoying this season too much for that to happen.

  12. #26
    Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    26,519

    Re: 8/24 Gamethread vs. Giants.. Begin the West Coast Trip

    Let's get this going....I need something to wake me up

    Normally, I'm ready to roll at this time...now I'm yawning

  13. #27
    Porkchop Sandwiches DoogMinAmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Homebase, Ohio
    Posts
    2,539

    Re: 8/24 Gamethread vs. Giants.. Begin the West Coast Trip

    Quote Originally Posted by dsmith421
    Pregame

    Welcome to beautiful SBC Park in San Francisco, for the opener of four between the suddenly resurgent Giants and the most loveable and entertaining mediocre ballclub of all time, your Cincinnati Reds. Thanks to a 5-2 New York win over the Cards, the Redlegs will move into a tie for first with a win.

    The illustrious Jon Miller is on play-by-play, and I can confirm that given his enormous bald round head and pinched facial features that he continues to look like an animated billiard ball.

    On the hill for the Giants is Brad Hennessey. He's pitched mostly out of the pen this season and it was somewhat surprising news that he was slated to start this game.

    The Reds will send up Freel, Hatteberg, and Griffey in the top of the first.
    Rarin to be some mighty good PBP! Don't disappoint!
    "I'm a Cucumber, I'm a cucumber. I'm a cucumber, I'm a cucumber. I'm a cucumber, I'm a cucumber. Please don't send me to the pickle farm, bum." - Brak

    Record In Games Attended, 2007: 2-1 (1-0 GAB, 1-1 Jake)

  14. #28
    Who Dey!! GridironGrace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Monticello, Kentucky
    Posts
    2,395

    Re: 8/24 Gamethread vs. Giants.. Begin the West Coast Trip

    Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine
    Only the leadoff hitter leads off more innings than the number five hitter.
    Like i said.. batting dunn #3 in THIS LINEUP.. id walk him EVERYTIME and make edwin beat me, especially with a runner on and an out.

    now if they do that to JR, then they HAVE TO pitch to edwin, cause you dont want dunn at the plate with 2 or 3 runners on base EVER!! and 1 out.. i mean we the reds fans want that.. but no one else does

    Just my thoughts on it... and the way id think
    Proud Member of "The Bengals Lair"
    http://www.uranking.com/vote.asp?member=45269
    http://www.powerhouserock.net
    Somebody's gotta win and somebody's gotta lose and I believe in letting the other guy lose. - Pete Rose

  15. #29
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    2,348

    Re: 8/24 Gamethread vs. Giants.. Begin the West Coast Trip

    That Jon Miller crack was a canned joke, and as it turns out he is not calling the game tonight. Also, they changed the name of the stadium again.

    Two inaccuracies in the pregame post is pretty impressive.

  16. #30
    Who Dey!! GridironGrace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Monticello, Kentucky
    Posts
    2,395

    Re: 8/24 Gamethread vs. Giants.. Begin the West Coast Trip

    Lets Goooooooooooooooooo Reds!!!!!!!!!
    Proud Member of "The Bengals Lair"
    http://www.uranking.com/vote.asp?member=45269
    http://www.powerhouserock.net
    Somebody's gotta win and somebody's gotta lose and I believe in letting the other guy lose. - Pete Rose


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25