Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Finish the sentence

Finish the sentence

Edwin Encarnacion is the most clutch Red since...

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Believer since 1981

Re: Finish the sentence

Greg Vaughn???
    Bowman Card Collector

Quote Originally Posted by redssouth
    Greg Vaughn???
    Good call. Seventeen home runs in September 1999 cinches that.

Eddie Taubansee was pretty clutch that year too. It's a bit ironic that fans will be chanting "Ed-die!" in September again...

Rich Aurilla?

Quote Originally Posted by adampad
    Rich Aurilla?
    Must not have been that clutch, can't even spell his name. just kidding of course

Passion for the game Team Clark's Avatar

Barry Larkin?
    It's absolutely pathetic that people can't have an opinion from actually watching games and supplementing that with stats. If you voice an opinion that doesn't fit into a black/white box you will get completely misrepresented and basically called a tobacco chewing traditionalist...
    Cedric 3/24/08

Tony Perez. EE is the second coming of Tony.

Believer since 1981

I thought of both Barry and Tony, but I was trying to think of someone who seeemed to be clutch more recently, Barry my all time favorite, got almost every hit he needed to in the 1995 season, along with Ron Gant and Reggie Sanders. You just cant throw Sanders name because of his performance against the great Braves pitching staff in the playoffs. I would like to give an honorable mention Mr. Clutch award to Billy Hatcher. His collective work of the 90 series is about as clutch as they come.
    Bowman Card Collector

Juan Castro.

While it may be a little too early to start comparing EE with Doggie the HoFer, I've had the same thought myself several times. Lets' hope he stays on course!
    Last edited by BuckWoody; 08-25-2006 at 08:59 AM.

nothing more than a fan Always Red's Avatar

Farney?

... any Reds player I have ever seen.

I am only 20 years old, so I haven't observed a lot of Red's players. However, I love EE. I actually expect him to pull through every time he comes up with RISP or in critical AB. I am shocked and disappointed when he doesn't. It has been a long time since Red's fans felt that way about one of their players.

Stat Wanker Hodiernus RedsManRick's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by isaiahbarney
    ... any Reds player I have ever seen.

I am only 20 years old, so I haven't observed a lot of Red's players. However, I love EE. I actually expect him to pull through every time he comes up with RISP or in critical AB. I am shocked and disappointed when he doesn't. It has been a long time since Red's fans felt that way about one of their players.
    I agree. I'm 24, but I don't remember any Red who seems to deliver with such regularity. When Dunn & Junior are up, I'm hoping for a hit, but not expecting one. When EE is up and men are in scoring position, I find myself expecting him to come though.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

I think Mr. Clutch this year is definitley Aurilia. EE is not far behind along with David Ross. The exciting thing about this team is that it seems to be a different player every time getting the clutch hit.
    Ron Popeil apologist.

Eric "the Red"

Turn Off Ads?