Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When is Majewski supposed to be back?

When is Majewski supposed to be back?

I haven't heard anything about him lately. Is he supposed to be back next month?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: When is Majewski supposed to be back?

According to Doc K:

"Gary is doing great. He threw 30 pitches in a bullpen session and is arm is right where we want it to be. Very loose and free movement. He is right on schedulede and should be available to pitch very soon."

a super volcano of ridonkulous suckitude.

I simply don't have access to a "cares about RBI" place in my psyche. There is a "mildly curious about OBI%" alcove just before the acid filled lake guarded by robot snipers with lasers which leads to the "cares about RBI" antechamber though. - Nate

Even if he and Everyday Eddie were about ready, I would be surprised to see them activated before Sept. 1.

Just a guess.

supposedly Majewski is supposed to start a rehab tonight. If everything goes OK I would expect him back on the 1st. If he isn't back then there are obviously still issues.
    What are you, people? On dope? - Mr Hand

Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo Cabesa
    supposedly Majewski is supposed to start a rehab tonight. If everything goes OK I would expect him back on the 1st. If he isn't back then there are obviously still issues.
    Yes, he is scheduled to start a rehab assignment. I think there are a handful of guys who will be activated after September 1st.

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

I expect to see Majewski, Shack, Standridge, Guardado all back for Sept 1.

It will actually give us enough bullpen arms to use them as the "5th starter".

Quote Originally Posted by Ltlabner
    According to Doc K:

"Gary is doing great. He threw 30 pitches in a bullpen session and is arm is right where we want it to be. Very loose and free movement. He is right on schedulede and should be available to pitch very soon."

Yep, in Doc Hollywood's terms he (Majewski) is probably either in a full body cast or in the morgue.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig
    I expect to see Majewski, Shack, Standridge, Guardado all back for Sept 1.

It will actually give us enough bullpen arms to use them as the "5th starter".
    Guardado can't come off the DL until Sept 4th.
    What are you, people? On dope? - Mr Hand

Majewski update:

08/23/06

Majewski on the move: Right-hander Gary Majewski, who has been on the disabled list since Aug. 7 with right shoulder soreness, is about to take his first step toward returning to the mound.

Majewski said he's going to join Louisville and remain with the club throughout the Reds' West Coast road trip.

"I'm going to go down to [Triple-A] and meet up with them," Majewski said. "I'm going to get on a pitching program. The biggest hurdle is to pitch on back-to-back days. I'll take it one step at a time and follow the process."

Trying to remain patient has been a struggle for Majewski, particularly with the Reds in the midst of a pennant race.

"I hate sitting here watching them play," he said. "I want to get everything done right."
    http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/NASAp...=.jsp&c_id=cin

08/22/06

Majewski seeks redemption
    Could start rehab assignment Friday after shoulder soreness
    By Mark Sheldon / MLB.com

CINCINNATI -- Injured reliever Gary Majewski believes he's gotten his arm right again. Now he's preparing to show he can right his performances on the mound for the Reds.
    "I have to go up there and redeem myself," Majewski said.

The right-hander threw 50 pitches in his third bullpen session on Tuesday afternoon and reported no pain or discomfort. He just became eligible to come off the disabled list, and he could head out on a Minor League rehabilitation assignment as early as Friday.

Part of a controversial eight-player trade that sent Austin Kearns and Felipe Lopez to the Nationals on July 13, Majewski has seen nearly everything go wrong. He posted a 12.54 ERA in his 11 games with Cincinnati and then went on the disabled list with a tired arm on Aug. 7.

Late disclosure of his season-long shoulder soreness and a cortisone shot Majewski took before the trade brought speculation he was damaged goods. The Reds still might file a grievance against Washington, but the pitcher has stayed above the fray regarding the off-field matters and is concentrating on recovery.

When he does come back, Majewski hopes to contribute to the Reds' playoff push.

"I want to show them what I can do," Majewski said. "You hate sitting there watching the guys play. I want to get back up here and help."

A ground ball pitcher, Majewski was hit hard and often in the games leading up to his going on the DL. When his arm was sore, the 26-year-old was unable to finish pitches and left them up in the strike zone.

Now healthy, Majewski expects to be better when he returns from the DL.

"If I make my pitches down in the zone, and they don't get it on the good part of the bat, I'm going to get a lot more ground balls that the guys can handle," Majewski said.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Guardado update:

08/24/06

Guardardo healing
    Closer undergoing a variety of treatments on sore left arm
    By Mark Sheldon / MLB.com

SAN FRANCISCO -- Reds closer Eddie Guardado is hot and cold these days, and he hasn't even picked up a baseball since he went on the 15-day disabled list on Sunday.

Guardado, who made the West Coast road trip with the team, has been undergoing a battery of treatments to try and reduce the tendinitis in his left forearm.

"Hot and cold compresses, stimulation, massages. You name it, we're doing it," Guardado said Thursday.

The only thing the left-hander has not done yet is throw a ball. The club hopes rest will also help keep Guardado's arm from barking. He is scheduled to play catch for the first time on Saturday under pitching coach Tom Hume's supervision.

One treatment has had Guardado soaking his left arm in alternating tubs of hot and ice cold water every few minutes. Each session lasts 30 minutes.

"Two times a day," Guardado added. He undergoes therapy sessions each morning and is back in the training room at night during games.

Guardado, who is 8-for-10 in save chances with a 1.29 ERA in 15 appearances since his July 6 trade to the Reds from Seattle, has been bothered by a sore forearm since late July. An MRI taken last Friday showed no structural damage to the muscle, but he walked off the mound during an appearance on Saturday when he was unable to continue throwing.

"It feels good right now," Guardado said.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Majewski has been assigned to Louisville and officially starts his rehab today. Also Mike Burns has cleared waivers and been outrighted to Louisville for those interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Ltlabner
    According to Doc K:

In other words, the Tommy John surgery will happen before the end of the year.
    The one constant through all the years, Ray, has been baseball. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. It has been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again. But baseball has marked the time. -- Terrance Mann (Field of Dreams)

Quote Originally Posted by Dan
    wrong part of the arm.
    the store for all your blade, costuming (in any regard), leather (also in any regard), and steel craft needs.www.facebook.com/tdhshop

yes, this really is how we make our living.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan
    Knowing Doc K's hyper-optimistic reports poor Gary may be in the hellicopter being air-flighted to surgery as we post.
    a super volcano of ridonkulous suckitude.

I simply don't have access to a "cares about RBI" place in my psyche. There is a "mildly curious about OBI%" alcove just before the acid filled lake guarded by robot snipers with lasers which leads to the "cares about RBI" antechamber though. - Nate

If those guys on the DL can make it until Sept 1 before coming back, I believe it gives us a few more options for the postseason roster, which is not necessarily bad.

Turn Off Ads?