Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Worst Baseball Ballpark Experience

Worst Baseball Ballpark Experience

What is your worst baseball ballpark experience?

Perhaps someone spilled a beer on you?

You asked a girl to marry you while on the jumbo-tron and she ran off crying?

Your team lost and you locked your keys in the car?

You got mugged by that dude with the weird hat and the clarenet after the game?

You fell out of the stands while trying to catch a foul ball?

You got the number of one of the MDX girls only to get things mixed up and end up on a date with DMX ?

Anyway, whatever it is, what is your all-time worst ballpark experience?
    Last edited by Ltlabner; 08-25-2006 at 03:37 PM.
    a super volcano of ridonkulous suckitude.

I simply don't have access to a "cares about RBI" place in my psyche. There is a "mildly curious about OBI%" alcove just before the acid filled lake guarded by robot snipers with lasers which leads to the "cares about RBI" antechamber though. - Nate

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Worst Ballpark Experience

10 yrs old, me and a friend of mine were kicked out of Riverfront for trying to get into the box seats after a loooong rain delay during a pirates double header. It had to be darn near 11pm and they kcked two juveniles out of the stadium without notifying my parents. HORRIBLE experience.

most of my bad ballpark experiences have revolved around food...several years ago while at a white sox game, i ordered a sandwich...i was about halfway through it when i realized that the bottom bun was moldy...i almost threw up on the spot...

earlier this year in cincinnati, i ordered a veggie dog, only to be given a "real" hotdog...i didn't take it back, just threw it away...i then went to get a piece of cheese pizza, which was so greasy, i knew i couldn't dare eat it and still be able to sit in my seat the entire game...mother nature would have been calling early and often

about three years ago, i took my dad and my best friend to see the reds play the cubs at wrigley...there were pigeons everywhere up in the overhead rafters...lets just say that pearl harbor had nothing on these pigeons...both my father and my friend got hit several times...somehow i dodged them, so it was funny for me, but not them...they were very ticked off

Quote Originally Posted by smith288
    10 yrs old, me and a friend of mine were kicked out of Riverfront for trying to get into the box seats after a loooong rain delay during a pirates double header. It had to be darn near 11pm and they kcked two juveniles out of the stadium without notifying my parents. HORRIBLE experience.
    That sounds bad. I haven't had many bad ones.

This year though, I had two bad experiences in the same game. One was with the LaRosa's people completely being inconsiderate and running out of products yet still serving things half-made. Like a hoagy, with no pizza sauce. After he gave it to me, he was just like, "sorry, we ran out of sauce and chips." I am too nice to demand my money back and hand the sandwhich back to him.

Then my gf and I go to our seats and sit next to two people with the worst BO ever. I almost gagged. Slap on some deoderant people, come on. We were stuck in a big section with people with bad BO and no way out. It was a bobble head day so there weren't many other places to go and we had sweet tickets. That's probably it. I think it was July 28 this year.

We won though, which is all that matters.

BurnYrHouseDown

1. At the Reds/Indians series two years ago my wife (who was still just my girlfriend) and me were sitting next to some young college guys, and a couple of rows behind another tall, muscular college guy wearing a lame cowboy hat. The dude with the cowboy hat kept trying to act the big man on campus and get the crowd into it and the drunk kids next to us kept trying to/almost starting fights with this kid and we were stuck in the middle. Throw onto that some lewd things that the drunks were saying to my wife occasionally (nothing horrid, but enough that some courtrooms might call it sexual harrassment, and enough to make her uncomfortable) and of course, a complete lack of event staff anywhere in sight. It was an awful night.

2. This one is a bit more delicate so let me preface it by saying that I am in full support of the men and women in our armed forces and therefore this has NOTHING to do with politics. But the Datyon Dragons do this Armed Services appreciation night and it's awful. I mean, it's good for the families of those serving and all, but as a ticket buyer who wasn't informed when buying the ticket it was ridiculous. Here's why--they pack the game full of so much ceremony that TWO HOURS after the start of the game, we were only at the bottom of the 4th inning--and it was a low scoring game. So, the problem isn't that the Armed Forces were being honored--I mean, they could've been honoring anything, and to drag out the game and make everybody sit through ceremony after ceremony was ludicrous. We left during the fifth inning having sat there long enough to have seen most of the game on a regular night. All i'm saying is, if they're going to do stuff like that, they should at least let fans know when they're buying tickets.

so nothing too awful. but, you know.

Nothing is jogging my memory. I'd go with this year's Opening Day. One of the most miserable games weather wise. Just horrid. Hassle of going through the metal detectors, feeling like I was living in a police state with sharpshooters on the roof for a guy to throw out a ball I didn't care to see. And we got our butts whipped and it felt like it was going to be a long long long season.

[Note: I'm not looking to make this a political thing - just my honest feelings about what made this probably my worst game]

throws 106. NBD.

^^Ouch! I bet your parents were none to pleased.

I don't really have a bad one. I guess the worst one was the last year of Riverfront/Cinergy. My girlfriend and I were sitting in the blue seat cause it was college night and they were cheap. It was a game against the Pirates and there was a long rain delay which we stayed for. By the time the game resumed there was hardly anybody left near us. Not too long after they got out the big air canons and were shooting out what I was hoping was t-shirts or something. After catching the prize with no competition it turned out to be a roast beef sandwhich or something. The force from the air canon cause it to mush all up and the meat and the bun kinda fused together so I didn't eat it.

Like I said, it wasn't a bad experience, I was just perturbed I couldn't eat the sandwhich.

Manliness Personified HumnHilghtFreel's Avatar

The worst experience I've had at a ballpark was during a Columbus Clippers game. A young girl only a few rows in front of me was hit in the head with a line drive down the 3rd base side of the line. The game actually paused for a while as the medical staff made its way to her. Just one of those things you never like to see.

My worst experience at any event was at a WWF wrestling pay per view when I was probably 12 or so. My brother took me and his friend came along. About a quarter of the way through his friend was plastered and ended up throwing up on the guy in the row in front of us. Security took him out and my brother asked the lady in the next seats over to keep and eye on me while he took care of his friend. He took him out to the car and gave him the keys so he could keep the heat on since it was winter. When the show was finished me and my brother made our way out to the car where we see his friend standing outside the car in the freezing cold. Well, he locked the keys in the car because he fell asleep and the battery died since he left it on. So we were there for probably an hour and a half until my mom could pick us all up.

BurnYrHouseDown

Quote Originally Posted by dburke1337
    My worst experience at any event was at a WWF wrestling pay per view when I was probably 12 or so. My brother took me and his friend came along. About a quarter of the way through his friend was plastered and ended up throwing up on the guy in the row in front of us. Security took him out and my brother asked the lady in the next seats over to keep and eye on me while he took care of his friend. He took him out to the car and gave him the keys so he could keep the heat on since it was winter. When the show was finished me and my brother made our way out to the car where we see his friend standing outside the car in the freezing cold. Well, he locked the keys in the car because he fell asleep and the battery died since he left it on. So we were there for probably an hour and a half until my mom could pick us all up.

I don't know why, but this reminded me of a time when I was about 12 or 13 and I was leaving a Dayton Bombers game and, for some reason I was wearing shorts and this kid who was with us saw some dude urinating, and was really upset that he saw the man's...erm...genitalia, so as I'm climbing into my friend's parents van this other friend pukes all over the back of my legs.

I just stood there, shaking with disgust as my friend's parents wiped off my legs with an old t-shirt.

I think my worst was the first time I took a customer to opening day. It was my first opening day so needless to say I was pretty excited.

I wanted to take the customer out for a nice late breakfast/lunch and then zip down to the stadium. Instead he wanted to eat at the park. I don't like eating from the concession stands but, he is the customer. The best parking we could get was about 8 blocks from the stadium. Not a big deal...we're going to opening day right? Of course, I spilt food all over myself the second we got our food.

I don't remember who we played but it was extremely cold and rainy so I was 1/2 frozen. There was a rain delay of some length so there wasn't much to do but hang around for a while. The customer was a nice guy so we chatted till they started up again. I casually mentioned to the customer that if he wanted to leave early he wouldn't hurt my feelings at all. He wanted to stay till the bitter end. But hey, I'm at opening day right?

Well the game let out right about 5pm. By the time the game ended, we walked back to the parking garage, we got stuck in rush hour + post game traffic. By the time I got him back to his office and got home it was pushing 7pm.

So I was cold, wet and tired. That was definatley not the vision of opening day that I had in my mind.
    Last edited by Ltlabner; 08-25-2006 at 03:39 PM.

I simply don't have access to a "cares about RBI" place in my psyche. There is a "mildly curious about OBI%" alcove just before the acid filled lake guarded by robot snipers with lasers which leads to the "cares about RBI" antechamber though. - Nate

That would be 1969 Lions vs the Vikings on Thanksgiving, cold as it can get, snow and a 27-0 loss... just misrable.

Then the ice bowl in 1981

No one said "baseball"

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou
    No one said "baseball"
    Sorry, to me "ballpark" means baseball. So I just edited things to clear it up a bit

But those sound like horrible football experiences.

Re: Worst Baseball Ballpark Experience

If you open it up for football, then I had a miserable experience at a game once...and it lasted from 1991-2002.

I've never had too many bad times at the old ballyard but I'd have to say that the Opening Day at Riverfront when John McSherry died has to be at the top of my list.

Opening Day - John McSherry

On the football side - My dad took us to a Browns-Buccaneers game in the '80s. It was December at Cleveland Municipal Stadium. We had seats in the upper deck, open end of the stadium with the wind coming in off the lake. My dad got us up to leave in the 3rd quarter for fear that we might come down with hypothermia.
    Burn down the disco. Hang the blessed DJ. Because the music that he constantly plays, it says nothing to me about my life.

It wasn't exactly *at* the ballpark but....

Went down to Riverfront in the late 70's for a doubleheader against the Dodgers around Memorial Day. I think the first game started at 1 PM. Big bright blue sunny day, temps in the low 80's, just a beautiful day.

In those days, you could buy 64 oz. cups of Hudepohl for about $2. About 5 cans of beer. I probably drank like 4-5 of these during the doubleheader (I lost track after a while). Plus I took my shirt off at the beginning of the first game and left it off for the whole doubleheader. I got completely, royally, and totally sloshed. I haven't the foggiest who won or lost or anything about the games. Probably made an idiot out of myself. My friends took my semi-conscious body home, fished my keys out of my pocket, and dumped me into my apartment. Where I layed all night, getting up a time or two to puke.

I woke up with a.) the worst hangover I've ever had, and b.) one of the worst sunburns I've ever had.

I should have been made to walk around with a sign saying "I'm Stupid" for the next month.

Pay attention to the open sky

Turn Off Ads?