Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Burns sent outright to AAA

Burns sent outright to AAA

Maybe this is old news but I just read it on ESPN.com that Burns had been outrighted to the minors...any other moves today?

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/transactions
    "Sometimes, it's not the sexiest moves that put you over the top," Krivsky said. "It's a series of transactions that help you get there."

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Unsolicited Opinions traderumor's Avatar

Re: Burns sent outright to AAA

Burns was never up since the last time he was up that I recall.
    Can't win with 'em

Can't win without 'em

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor
    Burns was never up since the last time he was up that I recall.

Hmmm...I didn't think so but there it was in the transactions on the "Most honored and relied upon sports network in the world".
    "Sometimes, it's not the sexiest moves that put you over the top," Krivsky said. "It's a series of transactions that help you get there."

I thought he had been DFA? Maybe I made that up in my mind.

If this is true, I'm not supprised in the least that he wasn't picked up by another team.
    a super volcano of ridonkulous suckitude.

I simply don't have access to a "cares about RBI" place in my psyche. There is a "mildly curious about OBI%" alcove just before the acid filled lake guarded by robot snipers with lasers which leads to the "cares about RBI" antechamber though. - Nate

I think he was DFA'd recently to make room for one of the new guys (maybe Hooper or Hopper). This probably means he cleared waivers and we've transferred his contract to Louisville off of the 40 man roster.

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

Roster move...he was DFA'd first and passed through waivers.
    Someone help me, but I guess this gets him off the 40-man?
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

Yep.
    Makes all the routine posts.

Here it is

8/20/06 Placed LHP Eddie Guardado on the 15-day disabled list; reinstated RHP Matt Belisle from the 15-day disabled list; placed LHP Chris Michalak on the bereavement list; purchased the contract of IF/OF Norris Hopper from Triple-A Louisville; designated RHP Mike Burns for assignment.

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

BUrns has been very unlucky whenever he pitched up here. he's managed a DIPS ERA in the 4's notwithstanding that he's given up massive amounts of hits. You could say that he's been "majewskied" everyitme he's pitched up here. But he's generally been lights out at AAA so I hold out some hope that he might be an OK middle reliever type down the road.

Lover of Trivialities Doc. Scott's Avatar

Someone in Milwaukee was busy cleaning out his binder stash.

Turn Off Ads?