Turn Off Ads?
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Jay Bruce

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Huntington WV
    Posts
    97

    Jay Bruce

    What are the chances that Jay Bruce will be promoted to AA next year. He has been tearing up low A, and I think that he could be on the fast track to the major leagues.

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    4,079

    Re: Jay Bruce

    Well judging by Joey Votto's outstanding first year in High A , I'm betting Bruce will have to prove himself there first before AA.

  4. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Centerville,OH
    Posts
    677

    Re: Jay Bruce

    Probably similar pattern as with Baily. Start the year at high A ball and then move to AA mid summer if he does well. I could see him starting in AA if he tears up winter ball and has a good spring training.

  5. #4
    Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The 513
    Posts
    12,642

    Re: Jay Bruce

    Quote Originally Posted by jamess697
    What are the chances that Jay Bruce will be promoted to AA next year. He has been tearing up low A, and I think that he could be on the fast track to the major leagues.
    He's only 19 right now. I'd imagine he'll spend at next year mostly in high-A with possibly a promotion to AA at season's end, then a full 2+ years between AA and AAA before maybe getting a midseason call-up to the bigs in 2009 at the ripe old age of 23.

    But, I'm only guessing. Kid is wicked-good -- but the pitching gets much better from here on out.
    Championships Matter.
    23 Years and Counting...

  6. #5
    Redsmetz redsmetz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Winton Place
    Posts
    11,179

    Re: Jay Bruce

    I continually say this, Krivsky seems to have no desire to jump players a level. He's been faithful to that with Bailey allowing the jumps only after putting in some time at the lower level. I think in the long run the Reds will benefit from this approach.

  7. #6
    The Big Dog mth123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    14,821

    Re: Jay Bruce

    Quote Originally Posted by redsmetz
    I continually say this, Krivsky seems to have no desire to jump players a level. He's been faithful to that with Bailey allowing the jumps only after putting in some time at the lower level. I think in the long run the Reds will benefit from this approach.
    Generally agree, but pitchers are different from hitters. I see no porblem challenging Bruce. I would think the Reds would want him ready for the Majors by some time in 2008 so he can start easing in as Griffey's replacement.

  8. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Posts
    9,866

    Re: Jay Bruce

    Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor
    He's only 19 right now. I'd imagine he'll spend at next year mostly in high-A with possibly a promotion to AA at season's end, then a full 2+ years between AA and AAA before maybe getting a midseason call-up to the bigs in 2009 at the ripe old age of 23.

    But, I'm only guessing. Kid is wicked-good -- but the pitching gets much better from here on out.


    Mid-2009 seems pretty conservative to me for a top-level hitting prospect at this point. I would expect Bruce to start in AA if he tears it up this winter/spring, and if he struggles there next year, look for him to repeat AA in 2008. Either way, I would expect to see him in Cincinnati by September of 2008. Truly elite hitting prospects usually hit the bigs before they turn 23.
    Go BLUE!!!

  9. #8
    The Boss dougdirt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    35,414

    Re: Jay Bruce

    Heck, most elite hitting prospects hit the majors before they turn 22.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25