Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Majewski outdone by Abad.

Re: Majewski outdone by Abad.

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor
    Oh, he'll probably make mistakes as a GM. And most of them will probably be based on he isn't building a team the way fan A or fan B or fan C would. Heck, you can go to a Bengals board and see folks say Marvin Lewis doesn't know what he's doing.
    That's silly, the proof is in the pudding at this point for Lewis.

Best I can tell Krivsky's delivered nada to the Reds' fan base.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Lover of Trivialities Doc. Scott's Avatar

Majewski. Stop walking people or I'll cut your hair off. You're a major league (well, minor league now) pitcher. It isn't hard to throw strikes.
    Also note that he isn't striking anyone out. He used to have a decent K/IP ratio. He also used to throw 95. Now he throws 90 and he can't seem to throw it by anyone. Abad even had a K.
    would you like to go into the majors then and pitch a game?

idiot
    This is why I like to stick to the other forum.

nothing more than a fan Always Red's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer
    That's silly, the proof is in the pudding at this point for Lewis.

Best I can tell Krivsky's delivered nada to the Reds' fan base.
    well, if the proof for you is a playoff berth (ie- Lewis and the Bengals-and it was a losing one at that), then how can you say Krivsky's delivered nada? The Reds, as of right now, are closer to that (playoffs) than they've been in years? So is it silly to say Kriv is a success if the Reds make the playoffs? or that he's a failure if they don't?

I'm puzzled by that statement. Especially since this team, as of April of 2006, was widely seen as one of the worst in baseball.

All GM's make mistakes, or more correctly, some players do not reach their potential, while some outperform their expectations; GM's are to be judged by the sum total of their moves, and the success or failure of the team, and not by each and every individual transaction, IMHO.

The Kearns/Lopez/Maj/Bray deal gets rehashed here every day. Some folks here are polarized to one extreme or another; and none of it really matters at this point other than wins and losses. All of the stats on earth combined together mean nothing if it does not add up to more W's. My crystal ball does not tell me if the Reds would be better with Austin and FeLo still on the team.

I think Narron and Krivsky are both doing good jobs- not great, but good. certainly, mistakes have been made.

Personally, I give more credit to Bob Castellini, his energy, and his insistence on winning than I do to either Narron or Krivsky. But to say Krivsky has done nada for the fan base, is puzzling to me, at best.
    Last edited by Always Red; 08-27-2006 at 02:26 PM.
    sorry we're boring

nothing more than a fan Always Red's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Doc. Scott
    This is why I like to stick to the other forum.
    and that's why I'll be there when I have garnered enough rep points!
    sorry we're boring

But to say Krivsky has done nada for the fan base, is puzzling to me, at best.
    It's also the POV of someone who sits in Philadelphia, hey FCB... how many Reds fans have you talked to in the Tri State Area about this ineffective bunch of losers gone awry?

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou
    It's also the POV of someone who sits in Philadelphia, hey FCB... how many Reds fans have you talked to in the Tri State Area about this ineffective bunch of losers gone awry?
    Went to a game in Cincy in early July, something like 20,000 people there on a weekend night. O'Brien turned out those kind of numbers.

Until this team makes the playoffs, they are the redheaded stepchild in town, and anyone in the tri-state who isn't a Redszone-level Reds' fan will tell you that.
    Last edited by Falls City Beer; 08-27-2006 at 01:06 PM.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Went to a game in Cincy in early July, something like 20,000 people there on a weekend night. O'Brien turned out those kind of numbers.
    That's it?

One game?

How many playoff ticket applications were in the mail during the Dan O era?

Have you actually read any of the papers in the Tri State area about the Reds this summer?

Saying he's done "nada" is a big bunch of hooey... but have at it, no day should go by without a little gray.

Majewski pitched again today. Saw three batters, struck em all out.
    "I think we’re starting to get to the point where people are starting to get tired of this stretch of ball,” Votto said. “I think something needs to start changing and start going in a different direction. I’m going to do my part to help make that change.”

I was at the game in Toledo on Friday night. Majewski would have been out of the inning with 1 BB and nothing else had it not been for Rey Olmedo's error. Proof that the box score doesn't tell the whole story.

Andy Abad did look decent, though. Appeared to be throwing a knuckleball. The stadium gun wasn't working at that point, so I don't know velocity, but whatever breaking pitch he was throwing looked OK.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

REDSBROWNSBUCKEYES

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer
    I actually think it's a good point, and humorously presented at that. Much more valid than you calling him an idiot.

That is the very opposite of making a point.

I think his point is an excellent one: GM believes he's getting a pennant race-level arm only to find out that said arm is incapable of retiring AAA hitters. This should serve as a painful reminder of Krivsky's hastiness and error in judgment. Maybe next time he won't make a mistake like the one he made in July.
    This is a worse point than calling him an idiot. Come on, look at maj's stats until this point. If you think he is uncapable then you have no business posting. Anyone with any baseball knowledge can understand that not being at 100% no matter at what level is a huge disadvantage. AAA Hitters are still being paid and they can all hit a baseball. I think you may have misspoken due to the fact that there was some name calling and you wanted to step in, but in all reality maj has been a very servicable reliever before his injury, and i dont think that putting on a reds uniform all of the sudden sucked the talent out of his arm. If you didn't like the trade thats fine, but dislike it for the right reasons, if maj was healthy when we got him in the trade this would have been a good deal imo.
    Last edited by 5DOLLAR-BLEACHERBUM; 08-28-2006 at 10:17 AM.

Turn Off Ads?