Majewski outdone by Abad.

Last night in Louisville vs. Toledo:

IP H R ER BB SO HR ERA
    Gosling 4.1 8 8 8 1 5 2 4.41
    Standridge 0.2 1 0 0 0 1 0 3.07
    Majewski 0.2 1 2 0 1 0 0 0.00
    Robbins 1.1 1 0 0 0 4 0 3.10
    Abad 1.0 0 0 0 0 1 0 0.00

Majewski. Stop walking people or I'll cut your hair off. You're a major league (well, minor league now) pitcher. It isn't hard to throw strikes.
    Also note that he isn't striking anyone out. He used to have a decent K/IP ratio. He also used to throw 95. Now he throws 90 and he can't seem to throw it by anyone. Abad even had a K.
    Last edited by Joseph; 08-26-2006 at 01:07 PM. Reason: Masked Profanity

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Majewski outdone by Abad.

Quote Originally Posted by NDIrish9

IP H R ER BB SO HR ERA

Majewski. Stop walking people or I'll cut your hair off. You're a major league (well, minor league now) pitcher. It isn't hard to throw strikes.
    Also note that he isn't striking anyone out. He used to have a decent K/IP ratio. He also used to throw 95. Now he throws 90 and he can't seem to throw it by anyone. Abad even had a K.
    He's also rehabbing. Cut him some slack.

IP H R ER BB SO HR ERA

Rehabs are not always about the same thing, sometimes pitchers actually are "working" on getting back 100%, sometimes they are working on certain pitches, sometimes they are tentative because they have been down.

Expecting is one thing is something but reality is another, the sum of his rehab wil be further defined as he works his way back, it's the same reason Belise stayed on his so long.

Comparing one pitchers performance vs a certain part of the order in a diffrent situation vs anothers perfromance vs another part of the order in another situation while one has been healthy and the other has not (and citing the injured guys speed in his 1st performance back) is a bit unfair.

If he does the same thing for 5 apperances then it might be justified, but in the meantime I'd say he's in the working back mode.

Pitchers injuries are a wildcard, expecting something more this soon is putting the cart before the horse.

Abad is an outfielder.....

Actually he's listed as a 1st baseman... and a lefty to boot...I forgot that, but hey I'd venture any team with a 6 run lead will be swinging in the 9th, sometimes they just want to get the hell out of there.

nothing more than a fan Always Red's Avatar

Point taken; Abad the outfielder pitched better, on paper, than Majewski the rehabbing pitcher. Abad also pitched better than Gosling, Standridge, and Robbins, as they all gave up hits and Abad did not.

Maybe Andy Abad should pitch more, eh? We can always use more relievers!
    sorry we're boring

WAGS

IP H R ER BB SO HR ERA

would you like to go into the majors then and pitch a game?

idiot

Quote Originally Posted by ghettochild
    would you like to go into the majors then and pitch a game?

idiot
    I actually think it's a good point, and humorously presented at that. Much more valid than you calling him an idiot.

That is the very opposite of making a point.

I think his point is an excellent one: GM believes he's getting a pennant race-level arm only to find out that said arm is incapable of retiring AAA hitters. This should serve as a painful reminder of Krivsky's hastiness and error in judgment. Maybe next time he won't make a mistake like the one he made in July.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer
    I actually think it's a good point, and humorously presented at that. Much more valid than you calling him an idiot.

I think his point is an excellent one: GM believes he's getting a pennant race-level arm only to find out that said arm is incapable of retiring AAA hitters. This should serve as a painful reminder of Krivsky's hastiness and error in judgment. Maybe next time he won't make a mistake like the one he made in July.
    Majewski is not incapable of retiring AAA batters. That's silly to base that on one game while rehabbing.

He's not the best, but should be able to put up a 4.00 type of ERA. He would do just fine in the minors.

He gave up two unearned runs in ONE minor league game. Saying he is incapable of retiring AAA hitters might be a slight overreaction.

A 4.00 type ERA for a reliever is terrible......even in this offensive era that still continues (even though last night was the first time since 1989 that so few HR's were hit in a full slate of AL games, i think there was 1 or 2)

I realize that 1 bad outing can make a relievers ERA go up and never come down, no matter how well he pitches.....but most people would consider Ryan Franklin to be terrible.....yet he was 4-1 with a 3.55 ERA before last night, so if he is pitching terribly...than a 4.00 ERA would be horrid.

I think I would be more worried about the guys dropping velocity then his AAA stats in a rehab assignment. That, to me, is much more telling then anything else. A 5 MPH drop in velocity leads me to believe his arm might require more attention. The difference between a 90 MPH fastball and 95 MPH may not seem like a lot. But in the ML today, it is becoming harder and harder to throw a 90 MPH past hitters. Without a decent K pitch, I don't see Magic being any more effect then a 4 plus ERA bullpen pitcher.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger
    A 4.00 type ERA for a reliever is terrible......even in this offensive era that still continues (even though last night was the first time since 1989 that so few HR's were hit in a full slate of AL games, i think there was 1 or 2)

I realize that 1 bad outing can make a relievers ERA go up and never come down, no matter how well he pitches.....but most people would consider Ryan Franklin to be terrible.....yet he was 4-1 with a 3.55 ERA before last night, so if he is pitching terribly...than a 4.00 ERA would be horrid.
    A 4.00 ERA for a reliever makes you a middle reliever type of guy. It's close to average. Not something you trade above average regualrs for.

Franklin has pitched well for the Reds, just based on past history it wont continue. If Majewski pitched a full year in AAA he would do just fine. He would have little problem getting mibor leaguers out.

Quote Originally Posted by SMcGavin
    He gave up two unearned runs in ONE minor league game. Saying he is incapable of retiring AAA hitters might be a slight overreaction.
    Replace, "might be a slight", with, "is a big time", and I agree 100%.

I wish I could convince myself he didn't just say those things to irritate people. But I can't. He does it too often.

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer

Oh, he'll probably make mistakes as a GM. And most of them will probably be based on he isn't building a team the way fan A or fan B or fan C would. Heck, you can go to a Bengals board and see folks say Marvin Lewis doesn't know what he's doing.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Turn Off Ads?