- Your Number 1 Starter is injured and loses a significant chunk of the season to the DL.
- Your Top 2 relievers struggle and you need to bring up two rookie relievers to stop the bleeding in the pen.
- Your RF and CF combine for 10 Homers all year.
- Your top 4 HR hitters from the year before all have a drop in HR numbers by a combined 27 Homers.
- You are Counting on a #3 starter who has just missed two straight years with Arm Injuries.
- Your 3B washes out in May as a failure and you need to bring a weak-armed OF to the IF to shore up the position.
What? This team won 108 games and the 1975 Series??
Bad things happen in a long season to even the best teams.