Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Reds vs. Giants Aurilla out, Clayton in...BIG game

Re: Reds vs. Giants Aurilla out, Clayton in...BIG game

BP K's...
    "There is a great man who makes every man feel small. But the real great man is the man who makes every man feel great." G.K Charleston

2. Turn Off Ads?

Painful...just painful. They can't get out of SF quick enough..

RotoHester

That at bat shows what's going on these days. BP stands there shaking his head, the catcher for the Giants yells and does a fist pump as they run off the field. The Giants are fired up, the Reds are just going through the motions. Someone on this team needs to get thrown out of the game or something to get everyone's attention. I am not talking about Narron either, I am talking about Griff, Dunn, Ross...someone, someone needs to step up and get this team fired up. Marty went on a rant today about how being 'tired' is no excuse, and that is exactly the way this team looks. They look beat.

That was something that EveryDay Eddie brought to this team. He brought spark, emotion...he got people fired up. We do not have that on this team right now and we need it now more than ever!!!!

How is that hard to do when you are leading the wild card and only 2 GB of the division.... Chances like this don't come around every season!! Take advantage of them... I know every team wants it, I can accept getting beat, but we are beating ourselves!
    "There is a great man who makes every man feel small. But the real great man is the man who makes every man feel great." G.K Charleston

Quote Originally Posted by wojo1025
    That at bat shows what's going on these days. BP stands there shaking his head, the catcher for the Giants yells and does a fist pump as they run off the field. The Giants are fired up, the Reds are just going through the motions. Someone on this team needs to get thrown out of the game or something to get everyone's attention. I am not talking about Narron either, I am talking about Griff, Dunn, Ross...someone, someone needs to step up and get this team fired up. Marty went on a rant today about how being 'tired' is no excuse, and that is exactly the way this team looks. They look beat.

That was something that EveryDay Eddie brought to this team. He brought spark, emotion...he got people fired up. We do not have that on this team right now and we need it now more than ever!!!!
    Every team looks lifeless when they aren't hitting. I don't think it means the fire stopped burning.

Look at Dunn loaf after that foul ball... DIVE YOUR NOT GONNA GET HURT!

Breaking News: Vizquel is great!

RotoHester

Quote Originally Posted by mth123
    Every team looks lifeless when they aren't hitting. I don't think it means the fire stopped burning.
    This is absolutely not an excuse. I do not care if you are hitting or not, you can't only play like you want to win when you are hitting. Because they aren't hitting that makes the horrid defense ok? Absolutely not. They should be doing their best to play exceptional defense when they are hitting like this. I think they will be able to turn this around, but it's starting to get scary...but excusing their "lifelessness" because they aren't hitting is absurd

GOREDSGO32

So if I post something pessimistic and we're blowing a big game here and could start a season ending slump, I guess I'll get flamed?

Lemme turn on stupid optomistic mode.

Hey its ONLY 4-0, at least its within 4 runs ... say, the local high school team down the street would be down 40-0 right now, so at least we can say that.

And hey, even if we lose every series from now on out, we STILL mathematically could be in the WC lead!

And hey, even if we don't make the playoffs, we finished better than other teams that didn't have a winning record!

Lets bring on the moral victory hype train boys.

clayton lines out

lohse strikes out..2 outs

Quote Originally Posted by wojo1025
    This is absolutely not an excuse. I do not care if you are hitting or not, you can't only play like you want to win when you are hitting. Because they aren't hitting that makes the horrid defense ok? Absolutely not. They should be doing their best to play exceptional defense when they are hitting like this. I think they will be able to turn this around, but it's starting to get scary...but excusing their "lifelessness" because they aren't hitting is absurd
    I'm not saying that at all. I'm saying when you don't hit you look lifeless. You not on base, running the bases and making things happen. The bad plays in the field have pretty much been there all the time. Sorry if that was unclear.

freel flies out..4-0 mid 5

Dunnomite

Quote Originally Posted by mth123
    I'm not saying that at all. I'm saying when you don't hit you look lifeless. You not on base, running the bases and making things happen. The bad plays in the field have pretty much been there all the time. Sorry if that was unclear.
    When you are lazy in the field, don't run out ground balls, don't even attempt to make it to first on a passed ball..... that is lifeless, whether you are hitting or not

Let's see, JR Richard pitched against us Friday night, Nolan Ryan yesterday and Doc Gooden today.....
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Watched the 2012 Clincher on FOX.
    Proud owner of a 1990 Dodge Class B Motorhome: A chick magnet!
    GO STEELERS
    www.tracyjonesonline.com
    Great YOUTUBE videos.

Turn Off Ads?