Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Jeff Conine To The Phillies

Greatness In The Making RedLegSuperStar's Avatar

Jeff Conine To The Phillies

ESPN.com

Acquired infielder-outfielder Jeff Conine and cash considerations from the Baltimore Orioles for a player to be named later.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    1st pick 2022 B.B. draft George Foster's Avatar

Re: Jeff Conine To The Phillies

Do you think they are regretting that trade to the Yanks?
    Not this year...maybe a Wild Card

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

All the local rags still love the Abreu trade.

Not sure why.

Makes perfect sense to trade the best player in your organization and get nothing in return, especially a SS prospect when you have a pretty decent one playing for you everyday right now.

Jeff Conine is just an insurance policy with Aaron Rowand's injury. Shane Victorino is better than Aaron Rowand anyway, so the Rowand injury is actually a good thing for the everyday lineup of the Phils.

The only reason Rowand was playing everyday when healthy is b/c he was the guy they got for Jim Thome.

Kinda like why we trotted Dave Williams out to the mound far too many times. He was the guy we got for Sean Casey, so Narron/Krivsky felt compelled to not admit the trade may have been a bust.

Kinda like why we trotted Dave Williams out to the mound far too many times. He was the guy we got for Sean Casey, so Narron/Krivsky felt compelled to not admit the trade may have been a bust.
    Since Kriv didn't make that trade I don't think he carred a witt about "not admitting the trade was a bust".
    a super volcano of ridonkulous suckitude.

I simply don't have access to a "cares about RBI" place in my psyche. There is a "mildly curious about OBI%" alcove just before the acid filled lake guarded by robot snipers with lasers which leads to the "cares about RBI" antechamber though. - Nate

Quote Originally Posted by Ltlabner
    Since Kriv didn't make that trade I don't think he carred a witt about "not admitting the trade was a bust".

I used Narron/Krivsky for a reason.

Narron was the returning manager, and knew he was losing Casey and gaining Dave Williams.

Krivsky was the, for lack of better term, interim GM getting a feel for what O'Brien left him. Krivsky went on to prove he didn't care that the Casey deal was simply a salary dump, which speaks volumes to his ability to continually assess our roster.

Krivsky's behind the wheel now, and I'm happy to be along for the ride.

Lover of Trivialities Doc. Scott's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Highlifeman21
    All the local rags still love the Abreu trade.

Not sure why.

Makes perfect sense to trade the best player in your organization and get nothing in return, especially a SS prospect when you have a pretty decent one playing for you everyday right now.

Jeff Conine is just an insurance policy with Aaron Rowand's injury. Shane Victorino is better than Aaron Rowand anyway, so the Rowand injury is actually a good thing for the everyday lineup of the Phils.

The only reason Rowand was playing everyday when healthy is b/c he was the guy they got for Jim Thome.

The Philly media hated Abreu for some reason, despite his status as the Phillies' best player (until a 2006 off year that- I guess- was interpreted as a fade...naturally, he's done a Frank Robinson act in New York). I think it was the perception that Abreu was a loafer who played indifferent defense and, in a throwback to the days of Mike Schmidt, walked and struck out too much.

It's a bit like what Reds fans and media do to Adam Dunn sometimes, although Philadelphians are just meaner- witness our friend FCB .

But seriously, Jeff Conine? Please excuse me for a second while I put on a clean pair of pants and try to stop my knees from knocking.

Ha HA! The Phillies are obviously dejected and desperate after Krivsky got their man, all-world pinch hitter and reserve OF extrodinaire - Todd Hollandsworth.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc. Scott
    The Philly media hated Abreu for some reason, despite his status as the Phillies' best player (until a 2006 off year that- I guess- was interpreted as a fade...naturally, he's done a Frank Robinson act in New York). I think it was the perception that Abreu was a loafer who played indifferent defense and, in a throwback to the days of Mike Schmidt, walked and struck out too much.

It's a bit like what Reds fans and media do to Adam Dunn sometimes, although Philadelphians are just meaner- witness our friend FCB .

But seriously, Jeff Conine? Please excuse me for a second while I put on a clean pair of pants and try to stop my knees from knocking.
    I'm amazed at how much this city hates the best 3B to ever play the game. You'd think Michael Jack Schmidt was lower than whale crap at the bottom of the ocean, in this town.

You're right, Abreu walked too much, struck out too much in "clutch" situations and was often criticized for lazy and or horrible defense. Now that he's out of town, enter Pat Burrell, their latest whipping boy. While sitting in the LF corner on the middle game of the series with the Reds here, you should have heard some of the stuff the Phillies fans were screaming at Pat Burrell. I can't imagine what kind of treatment JD Drew gets when he's in town....

Adam Dunn is Cincy's version of Bobby Abreu. Best player on the team, hands down, and criticized heavily on such micro levels it's sickening at times.

Turn Off Ads?