Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Choke artists?

Re: Choke artists?

Quote Originally Posted by guttle11
    They go on a hot streak and gain ground. Then, the law of averages takes over and they lose some ground. They're just not that good. Fortunately, this year it may be just enough.

In a "normal" year, they'd be 5 games back of the WC.
    Records of the Wild Card leader on August 28 last three seasons

2005- 70-61
    2004- 71-58
    2003- 70-63

The Reds right now 67-64.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Cicero

If it was just poor pitching I could almost understand. But with strong fundamentals and just doing what baseball teams are supposed to do day in day out we should be up 3-4 games right now.
    To be tied, we'd have to be 70-61. To be 4 up, we'd have to be 74-57.

Talk about unreasonable expectations.

Our group of choke artist should be 74-57. If they weren't choke artist that is.

Makes sense.

I don't see the Reds squandering opportunities. I see them taking advantage of them. Not in the last 3 days but for the season.

And just for the record, to have not squandered our latest opportunity at first place, the Reds would of had to sweep the Giants just for a shot to take over the top of the division tonight.

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Cicero
    I hate to say this about the team I love, but there are whispers in my mind.

Have you considered psychiatric help?

For a Level Playing Field

Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig
    Have you considered psychiatric help?
    It might be Larney whispering to him... Farney's evil twin.

Turn Off Ads?