Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: What's YOUR punishment for him?

Voters
85. You may not vote on this poll
  • Nothing, that's just Griffey being Griffey

27 31.76%
  • Kangaroo Court fine

23 27.06%
  • 1-day suspension

29 34.12%
  • Other (explain)

6 7.06%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Griffey's K

Re: Griffey's K

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou
    48 feet, perhaps the shortest in the NL, I checked and aside from Citzens and New Busch (which weren't listed) AT&T is the shortest.
    Thanks. I was in the process of looking it up. I had a feeling it had to be near the shortest. It looked awfully close on TV.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by pedro
    what do you know? You're avatar is wearing a funny hat. he can't be trusted!
    I do know that Michael Lewis wrote Moneyball.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo Cabesa
    Still one of my favorite IU basketball players of all time. I can't believe he even knows anything about baseball, that book must be worthless.

And he's married to ex-MTV veejay Tabitha Soren. I know because I read the liner notes and acknowledgements.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines 1B
    I can't believe he even knows anything about baseball,
    he doesn't :, but he is an excellent writer. Another book of his, "Losers", might be right up your alley.

he doesn't :, but he is an excellent writer. Another book of his, "Losers", might be right up your alley.
    Wow way to start right in with the personal attacks. I was just kidding with you. It's not the same Michael Lewis, I just thought it would be funny to any IU fans on the board. Apparently it wasn't funny and you think I'm a loser.

Wow way to start right in with the personal attacks. I was just kidding with you. It's not the same Michael Lewis, I just thought it would be funny to any IU fans on the board. Apparently it wasn't funny and you think I'm a loser.
    and I was just kidding with you. You made your funny with "Lewis the fiery IU PG" and I did with "Lewis the writer" who actually wrote a book titled "Losers".

"Losers" is an excellent read and one of the more entertaining political books I have ever read.
    Last edited by flyer85; 08-28-2006 at 01:20 PM.

You cant write if you cant relate
    Trade the cash for the beef for the body for the hate
    And my time is a piece of wax fallin on a termite
    Thats chokin on the splinters

I'm a loser baby.
    School's out. What did you expect?

Maybe you're right about the not fouling it off part, but SF's backstop looks very short and the ball bounced back toward the catcher. I think Ichiro may have had a shot to beat it out to first but not Jr. And if he did know that he missed it yeah I would have also liked to see him jog it out.
    Good points, but just for the record it settles against the wall.

So what if Freel hasn't hit the ball that well? He has saved so many runs by hustling that I have lost count. Both Jr and Dunn has cost us well at least 12 runs in the last month that I can count off of the top of my head!! Im just saying just because his name is JR doesn't mean he is "jr" anymore. He cant run, field, and hits 250. Im sorry most outfielders in the majors could give us those stats and probally actually field better.. He shows no emotions and to me it seems he just doesn't care anymore. I will sacrifice a 40 hr hitter who can't field(Dunn) for an average 280-290 batter who has speed and can field the ball anyday. IMO we are wasting too much money on a few home runs when we could be investing it in pitching and making a run!! Let the bashing begin!!

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by cincrazy
    Did any of you see Griffey in the early 90's when he ran into the wall at the Kingdome full speed, caught the ball, and broke his wrist? Or how about the game in 2003 I believe it was, in GABP against the Cubs, when he laid out in centerfield and ripped his shoulder to shreds trying to catch a flyball. Or how about in 2001 when he ripped his hamstring to shreds rounding 3rd hard heading for home. I'd rather have Griffey not running hard to first on a meaingless strike three than running hard and blowing out one of his hamstrings. I understand why a lot of you are upset, and I agree, he should have at least jogged. But the man does not "dog" it on the baseball field, I just will not believe that.
    I was at that game. He had NO business diving for that ball. I remember him saying after the play that he felt he had to prove himself to the fans and show effort, since he had already been branded since 2001 with the prone injury tag. He wasn't even close to catching the ball, and did tear up his shoulder.

I realize Griffey's body isn't what it used to be, but he's getting paid to do a job, and not running out that strike 3 was being delinquent to his job description.

I remember when the Reds were in town here in Philly, I went to the first two games, and between EVERY inning, Griffey was the last guy to get into the dugout, a couple times the entire Phillies team had already taken the field and he still wasn't back to the dugout. Pathetic.

For a Level Playing Field

Strange.... since the REDS could not hit their way out of a wet paperbag yesterday (1st hit was w/ 2 outs in the 3rd inning), it seems as though this whole thing is a pride thing. Junior should be punished over pride. It seems quite obvious that even if Junior makes it to 1st he would not have scored. It is all about pride.

pride (prd)
    n.
    (1) A sense of one's own proper dignity or value; self-respect.
    (2) Pleasure or satisfaction taken in an achievement, possession, or association: parental pride.

Where has all this pride been during the last few years when Junior has done the exact same thing? Why do we all of sudden become so proud when the play amounted to nothing in the scheme of things? Yes, it meant nothing in that game. You can act like it did mean something, but it didn't as far as winning yesterday. Hey, it does not look good. It is not the way baseball s/b played... if you have healthy hammys and knees). Some of us act like we understand the man's injury history in the last 5 years. Some act like they know nothing of the injuries and they all of a sudden become proud. Proud of the beloved REDS b/c of a strikeout that was not run out by their CF. Strange...

Quote Originally Posted by lawnboy33
    He shows no emotions and to me it seems he just doesn't care anymore.
    Is it me or does Griffey show as much emotion as anyone in the reds clubhouse. They show the dugout all the time with Griffey in the dugout smiling and cracking up with the guys. I think this reds team is having as much fun as any team I have seen in awhile, and Jr. is a big part of it. It seems he has came up with a different handshake with everyone on the team for when they do something good. Ive only watched every game except two this year, I guess I missed his lack of emotion in those two games. You can criticize his play if you wish but his heart and emotion is a reach IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by RedFanAlways1966
    Strange.... since the REDS could not hit their way out of a wet paperbag yesterday (1st hit was w/ 2 outs in the 3rd inning), it seems as though this whole thing is a pride thing. Junior should be punished over pride. It seems quite obvious that even if Junior makes it to 1st he would not have scored. It is all about pride.

pride (prd)
    n.
    (1) A sense of one's own proper dignity or value; self-respect.
    (2) Pleasure or satisfaction taken in an achievement, possession, or association: parental pride.

Where has all this pride been during the last few years when Junior has done the exact same thing? Why do we all of sudden become so proud when the play amounted to nothing in the scheme of things? Yes, it meant nothing in that game. You can act like it did mean something, but it didn't as far as winning yesterday. Hey, it does not look good. It is not the way baseball s/b played... if you have healthy hammys and knees). Some of us act like we understand the man's injury history in the last 5 years. Some act like they know nothing of the injuries and they all of a sudden become proud. Proud of the beloved REDS b/c of a strikeout that was not run out by their CF. Strange...
    When one of the younger players on the team do what they saw the veteran player do, then the younger player better not get punished over it.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou
    Logic abounds!!!
    The "we've got to destroy the village to save it" mentality, apparently.

Edit: hey, post #4,000. Imagine how much more productive I'd be at work were there no RedsZone...
    We'll burn that bridge when we get to it.

Turn Off Ads?