Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: What's YOUR punishment for him?

Voters
85. You may not vote on this poll
  • Nothing, that's just Griffey being Griffey

27 31.76%
  • Kangaroo Court fine

23 27.06%
  • 1-day suspension

29 34.12%
  • Other (explain)

6 7.06%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Griffey's K

Re: Griffey's K

Did anyone see Griffey score those two runs on Thursday night against the Giants?

On one of them, he rounded third and knew it was going to be a close play and you could see him kick it into another gear. These days it is a gear he saves for key moments, not for running out plays that he will be out on 99.9% of the time. What is the point? His teamates know he is not loafing and I'm sure Narron would tell any complainers that if they go out and put together a HOF career, they'll get away with some things when they are 36.

It would be nice if he still played like Freel but he doesn't. He is older and he has been hurt a lot.

I saw all I needed to see out of Griff on Thursday night. When it really matters, he goes into high gear but he is not going to tear up his hamstring while he gets thrown out at first. At least he is going to try not to. I for one can't blame him for that. If he was trying to score from second on a single and was jogging the entire way, I'd have something to say.

Many loved Sean Casey because he never quit on a play. But on 99.9% of those plays, because of his speed, he had no chance to beat them out. Give him a couple of hamstring surgeries and see if he still goes all out trying to beat out a play he has little to no chance to beat.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I'm sorry, but if any of our young players are really that impressioable, then they don't belong in the big leagues quite yet.

I guess I should spell impressionable correct huh

Let the bashing begin!!
    It already did.

BTW the Reds best month was April, guess who led the team in Runs scored and RBI's that month?

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou
    It already did.

BTW the Reds best month was April, guess who led the team in Runs scored and RBI's that month?

Rich Aurila ?
    a super volcano of ridonkulous suckitude.

I simply don't have access to a "cares about RBI" place in my psyche. There is a "mildly curious about OBI%" alcove just before the acid filled lake guarded by robot snipers with lasers which leads to the "cares about RBI" antechamber though. - Nate

All of this, he has done this for us and he has done that for us, does not excuse the act. You don't build up "loafing" points to cash in when you want.
    Let's play two!!!

Tell that to Red Auerbach.

Bill Russell didnn't have to practice. When others would whine, Red would tell them to get as good as Russ and they wouldn't have to practice either.
    Last edited by MaineRed; 08-28-2006 at 05:35 PM.

Practice is one thing.....this was in a game that counts.
    Let's play two!!!

I would call him in the office and ask him to make sure it didn't happen again. I agree that's it's not a huge deal, this time, but it wouldn't happen again or I would fine or suspend him. Whether he wants to be or not, Jr. is the leader of the ballclub, he should act like it.

I actually don't think Jr. realized the ball got that far away, but who knows?
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

Well it looks like it's a 1 game suspension. So who's going to give Jr. a call and tell him?

Turn Off Ads?