Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Foster parents arrested for death of Marcus Fiesel

Passion for the game Team Clark's Avatar

Re: Foster parents arrested for death of Marcus Fiesel

Quote Originally Posted by TeamBoone
    This is soooo disgusting that it makes me shake just thinking about it.

Being a foster parent is choice... they didn't have to do it. I hope someone is a whole lot kinder to their children while they rot in prison than they were to that unfortunate little boy.

Just sickening.
    Scum like those two backwoods Hillbillies become Foster Parents for the Money, not for love of children.

I would personally volunteer to be the executioner for these two. What irks me more than anything is the NUMBER of family members who were involved or had direct knowledge of this murder. Sick.
    It's absolutely pathetic that people can't have an opinion from actually watching games and supplementing that with stats. If you voice an opinion that doesn't fit into a black/white box you will get completely misrepresented and basically called a tobacco chewing traditionalist...
    Cedric 3/24/08

2. Turn Off Ads?

Wow, unbelievable. First of all, what lowlifes. Second of all, what idiots. These "people" send the whole city on a search for this little boy and obviously everyone comes up empty handed. They think everyone is just going to give up and forget about him after a few days?

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

My wife and I are going through the process of becoming foster parents, mostly becaues we haven't been able to conceive and we both have a big soft spot for kids who have had it rough. The money isn't really enough of a motivation to convince me to open up my home and go through the inconvenience of dealing with the issues a lot of these kids have. If you're only doing it for the money, you probably shouldn't be doing it at all.

I can't speak for the private agencies that these people were licensed through. We are doing everything through Hamilton County and there is a pretty extensive process of classroom training, criminal background checks, and personality profiling that the county does. From what I heard, this other agency wasn't so thorough. It's one thing if a foster parent passes all the background checks and then goes bad, but if an agency is being lax and letting scumbags slip through the cracks, they need to be held accountable.

I am so sickened by this I can't even begin to state how much. The kid had special needs so instead of helping him, the treat him like a mop. The kid couldn't speak for himself, and the question arises that if they felt it was ok to put him in a closet for their trip, how much time was he spending locked in there? Cruel and unusual punishment would be exactly what they deserve, after having done this to an innocent child.

I have a cousin who is a high functioning autistic. When he was young he was very difficult to care for. He is now grown and while having some social deficiencies, is otherwise a normal person. I doubt he will ever marry, but is great with kids. He is an accomplished piano player, and is a math wiz. If he hears a song once, he can pretty much play it by ear on the piano. He has a job working with an engineering firm in Dayton.
    The Sox traded Bullfrog the only player they've got for Shottenhoffen. Four-eyes Shottenhoffen a utility infielder. They've got a whole team of utility infielders.

Quote Originally Posted by Team Clark View Post
    Scum like those two backwoods Hillbillies become Foster Parents for the Money, not for love of children.

I would personally volunteer to be the executioner for these two. What irks me more than anything is the NUMBER of family members who were involved or had direct knowledge of this murder. Sick.
    If by executioner, you mean 'real-life reenactment of the movie Saw', then absolutely.

My brother, like Marcus, has autism. He is very innocent and trusting, always nice to everybody. He probably couldn't be mean or arrogant to you if he tried with all his might.

He places all of his trust in us, so when we ask him to do something, he does it, because he doesn't doubt what you are saying.

That's what devistates me about this story.

Marcus trusted them with his life, and they screwed him.

I can only hope that they get the worst of level of hell for this.
    I hope it's never sunny in Philly again.

For a Level Playing Field RedFanAlways1966's Avatar

Let it be known to the prison population (when they get there) what they did. Makes final justice a lot less expensive. Shaw-"SHANK" Redemption.

Small market fan... always hoping, but never expecting.

I hate to sound cynical about all this, because this is a horrible tragedy and everyone should be outraged at what these monsters did. But I've heard so much anger and shock from so many people about this case, and my question is: where were all these shocked, outraged people when this kid needed a home? While his life ended horrifically, it was no picnic even before he was placed with these foster parents. I can't tell you the amount of people I've heard volunteer to execute these parents, but I've heard exactly one person say "I wish I would have adopted this kid."

With the Carrolls' history, the foster care system failed somewhere in all this. But at the same time, they're in dire straits trying to place these kids in homes because if the kids they're "offering" are not six-hour-old, blue-eyed babies in perfect health, no one wants them. Now, I am not saying that everyone who is upset about this case (as we all should be) should start taking kids into their homes; not everybody is in a position to do that. But Marcus's death, while not inevitable, is not only the result of these crazy people who had custody of him. It is the result of a long line of sad events in a sad little life that we all DO have the power to do something about. Sometimes I feel like it's easier to lay blame only at the feet of some "incomprehensible" monster act than it is to look at the whole very real picture, and the whole picture is comprised of many, many children in various stages of this kind of difficult life. If people are outraged about this, then they have every right to start examining the entire system and maybe trying to do something before other kids get to the point that this poor kid did.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

Looks like the foster parents will be tried in Clermont county for the murder related charges and in Hamilton county for the purjery, fileing a false report and inducing panic charges.

The prosecutorial team will be lead by the lead assistant disctrict attorneys from both counties (one from each county). They will present the case to the grand jury on this comming Wednesday.

It was reported by Cunningham that local foster care agencies (he didn't say which ones) were getting tons of calls from people wanting to become foster parents. Maybe some small positive thing will come out of this tragedy if some good people step forward to be foster parents.

And in a completley sick move, the birth mother is having a press conference at 3:00pm to annunce she is sueing Butler County for contributing to the death of her son due to negligence in the county admistered foster care system. Completey digusting.
    Last edited by Ltlabner; 09-01-2006 at 02:30 PM.
    a super volcano of ridonkulous suckitude.

I simply don't have access to a "cares about RBI" place in my psyche. There is a "mildly curious about OBI%" alcove just before the acid filled lake guarded by robot snipers with lasers which leads to the "cares about RBI" antechamber though. - Nate

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Ltlabner View Post
    And in a completley sick move, the birth mother is having a press conference at 3:00pm to annunce she is sueing Butler County for contributing to the death of her son due to negligence in the county admistered foster care system. Completey digusting.
    The kid fell out of 2 story window while he was in her care as well, she sounds like a candidate for mother of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds4Life View Post
    The kid fell out of 2 story window while he was in her care as well, she sounds like a candidate for mother of the year.
    That's what disgusts me. If it weren't for her incompetence as a parent Marcus wouldn't have been placed in the foster care system in the first place. That doesn't absolve the flaws in the system that led to his death or the monsters who actually commited the crime, but had she not failed in her responsibilities none of this would have happened. And she wants other people to give her lots of money? Sick.

All of her children were taken from her by CPS. It wasn't as if she realized she couldn't hack it as parent and gave up the children for their best interests.

And now she want's to sue them for money? Marcus contines to be a meal ticket to her and it makes me irrate.
    Last edited by Ltlabner; 09-01-2006 at 02:55 PM.

I simply don't have access to a "cares about RBI" place in my psyche. There is a "mildly curious about OBI%" alcove just before the acid filled lake guarded by robot snipers with lasers which leads to the "cares about RBI" antechamber though. - Nate

Where there's money to be had, the scum will rise to the top of the barrel... just like cream, only there's a huge difference.

Between his birth "mother" and his foster "mother", that poor little boy didn't have a chance in hell... oh wait, he was in hell.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Quote Originally Posted by vaticanplum View Post
    I hate to sound cynical about all this, because this is a horrible tragedy and everyone should be outraged at what these monsters did. But I've heard so much anger and shock from so many people about this case, and my question is: where were all these shocked, outraged people when this kid needed a home? While his life ended horrifically, it was no picnic even before he was placed with these foster parents. I can't tell you the amount of people I've heard volunteer to execute these parents, but I've heard exactly one person say "I wish I would have adopted this kid."
    John Adams was critical of Thomas Paine on similar grounds. Adams saw a tendency amongst the revolutionaries that is probably a prevailing human trait; it's, generally easier to tear down than it is to build up. It's easier to say all this stuff is broke than it is to fix it.

Hamilton County Prosecutor (Joe Deiters - my add) said today that a possible lawsuit by Donna Trevino, Fiesel's birth mother, was for the civil courts to decide.

"I'm just sick that people keep using Marcus for a check," he said. "If she had paid half as much attention to Marcus before as she is now, we wouldn't be in this situation. To angle this for money is outrageous."
    From Cincinnatienquirer.com

The problem was simply that the little boy was always surrounded by people who cared more about themselves than they did him. He was never loved or got to experience true caring and compassion, and that is truly sad.
    What are you, people? On dope? - Mr Hand

From the very beginning, and when it involved a foster child, I strongly suspected it would come down to the parents. Sad, very sad.

But how many times a week, nationwide, are we reading similar such stories folks? IMO, there is something very, very wrong within our society when this seems to become so commonplace anymore.

My sister and ex-brother-in-law (who works for Children's Services) were very involved in the Foster Child program for many years. And a majority of these kids already come from broken and abusive households.
    "panic" only comes from having real expectations

Turn Off Ads?