Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Foster parents arrested for death of Marcus Fiesel

Re: Foster parents arrested for death of Marcus Fiesel

David Carroll is going to take the plea deal.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/wlwt/20070226/lo_wlwt/11113298
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    David Carroll is going to take the plea deal.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/wlwt/20070226/lo_wlwt/11113298
    He saw the writing on the wall. I'm surpised that the prosecutors office would still offer the deal considering the outcome of the Liz Carroll trial.

Quote Originally Posted by HotCorner View Post
    He saw the writing on the wall. I'm surpised that the prosecutors office would still offer the deal considering the outcome of the Liz Carroll trial.
    She made a self-inciminating statement to the grand jury, he didn't.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

For a Level Playing Field

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    She made a self-inciminating statement to the grand jury, he didn't.
    And all this means is that he'll get a chance to be paroled way before she will. And guess what? If he gets paroled before any of us die, I'll have a heart attack and die anyhow. You kill a 3-yr-old foster child in the manner in which Marcus was killed and dispose of the body in the way that they did... enjoy the rest of your life and your death in prison. Light of day... only in prison rec yard. Parole hearings will happen only so they can tell this loser no.

Quote Originally Posted by RedFanAlways1966 View Post
    And all this means is that he'll get a chance to be paroled way before she will. And guess what? If he gets paroled before any of us die, I'll have a heart attack and die anyhow. You kill a 3-yr-old foster child in the manner in which Marcus was killed and dispose of the body in the way that they did... enjoy the rest of your life and your death in prison. Light of day... only in prison rec yard. Parole hearings will happen only so they can tell this loser no.
    Agreed.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Quote Originally Posted by RedFanAlways1966 View Post
    Yea people hear the 16 years part, but forget the "to life" part of the equation.

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Amy Baker may not be out the woods either....Maysville, KY official want an investigation of her participation dumping Marcus's body, which happened across the river. That in itself, transporting a body over state lines, is a Federal offense.

She only has immunity in Butler and Cleremont Counties...

I guess, technically, they could go after David Carroll when it's all said and done as well.

I'm in the camp that's bothered by this plea deal. The guy gets 38 years more than his wife. He's got a history of abusing this child. He's the one that burned the body and probably killed the kid along with that skeevy Amy Baker who should also have her behind in a sling. I think the plea deal sucks.
    "Whatever you choose, however many roads you travel, I hope that you choose not to be a lady. I hope you will find some way to break the rules and make a little trouble out there. And I also hope that you will choose to make some of that trouble on behalf of women." - Nora Ephron

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TeamCasey View Post
    He's the one that burned the body and probably killed the kid along with that skeevy Amy Baker who should also have her behind in a sling. I think the plea deal sucks.
    While I agree that Amy Baker is the lowest form of life on the planet, without her testimony and cooperation with the police, EVERYONE would be walking free today.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

I'm in the camp that's bothered by this plea deal. The guy gets 38 years more than his wife. He's got a history of abusing this child. He's the one that burned the body and probably killed the kid along with that skeevy Amy Baker who should also have her behind in a sling. I think the plea deal sucks.
    Agree, I just don't like the idea of the KY authorities getting involved because of her plea bargin testamony. She took an immunity deal and even though we all want to see her locked up I don't think anything productive comes out of the KY investigation. The next situation that comes up where the prosecution needs someone to roll over, people like Amy Baker would not come forward. If every possible outside prosecuting authority can put the kabosh on it, what incentive would there be? We might not know what happened to Marcus Fiesel if she didn't step forward, and all three of them could be on the street.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Keep in mind, however, that there was no grand jury testimony of David Carrol saying, " I did it". The star witness against him would be Amy Baker, a witness with zero credibility (so much so that the jury in the Liz Carroll trial all pretty much said they disregarded Bakers testimony). There's no physical evidence linking him conclusivley to the crime. Also, there was a chance of the trial being moved to a different location where the jury pool is likely to know none of the details of the case. With some good lawyering, Carrol may have walked. Would you rather have that outcome?

Mix in that there were rumors of the Caroll children having to testify against their father. And the fact that it's not '16 years' it's '16 years to life' I think this was a no-brainer. It also saves the county the cost of the trial (a small factor).

Our duty as citizens now, is to remember the outrage of this crime and if/when Carrol comes up for parole we have to write the parole board, show up at his hearings, and generally let them know what the citizenary thinks about David Carrol so the '16 to life' ultimatley stays 'for life'.

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

To lighten things up a bit...

http://www.700wlw.com/pages/onair_scottsloan.html

Our cast has started for the made for TV movie....

David Carroll played by Woody Harrelson

Liz Carroll played by Charlize Theron

Amy Baker played by Tanya Harding

Donna Trevino played by Tony Siragusa

Audrey Simms played by Estelle Warren

Greg Cohen played by Thom Brennaman

Joe Deters played by Ed Harris
    Last edited by Matt700wlw; 02-28-2007 at 03:31 PM.

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Is that really Tanya Harding?

Wow. Unrecognizable.

For a Level Playing Field

Good stuff, Matt!!

Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw View Post
    To lighten things up a bit...

http://www.700wlw.com/pages/onair_scottsloan.html

Donna Trevino played by Tony Siragusa