Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 34 1234511 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 507

Thread: 8/28/06: Reds @ L.A. Game Thread

  1. #1
    Worst Behavior. reds44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    25,307

    8/28/06: Reds @ L.A. Game Thread

    Ryan Freel RF Season .282 7 24
    Scott Hatteberg 1B Season .308 13 46
    Edwin Encarnacion 3B Season .301 14 67
    Ken Griffey Jr. CF Season .256 26 68
    Rich Aurilia SS Season .286 18 51
    Todd Hollandsworth LF Season .150 0 1
    Brandon Phillips 2B Season .293 13 62
    David Ross C Season .280 18 44
    Chris Michalak P Season .400 0 0



    Rafael Furcal SS Season .284 7 46
    Kenny Lofton CF Season .312 2 30
    Julio Lugo 3B Season .254 0 6
    Nomar Garciaparra 1B Season .321 14 69
    Jeff Kent 2B Season .266 12 59
    Andre Ethier LF Season .334 11 52
    Russell Martin C Season .285 7 49
    Jason Repko RF Season .255 3 12
    Brad Penny P Season .222 0 5

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #2
    Worst Behavior. reds44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    25,307

    Re: 8/28/06: Reds @ L.A. Game Thread

    Penny owns Dunn, so I understand why he is sitting. However why is Hollandsworth batting in front of BP and Ross?

  4. #3
    Something clever pahster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Columbia, MO
    Posts
    1,907

    Re: 8/28/06: Reds @ L.A. Game Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by reds44
    Penny owns Dunn, so I understand why he is sitting. However why is Hollandsworth batting in front of BP and Ross?
    Because he's older.

  5. #4
    Worst Behavior. reds44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    25,307

    Re: 8/28/06: Reds @ L.A. Game Thread

    Wait a minute,

    why did he flop Junior and Edwin?

  6. #5
    Please come again pedro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    portland, oregon
    Posts
    14,742

    Re: 8/28/06: Reds @ L.A. Game Thread

    Dunn needs a day off anyway.
    Get your nunchucks and the keys to your dad's car. I know where we can get a gun

  7. #6
    Greatness In The Making RedLegSuperStar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    4,078

    Re: 8/28/06: Reds @ L.A. Game Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by reds44
    Ryan Freel RF Season .282 7 24
    Scott Hatteberg 1B Season .308 13 46
    Edwin Encarnacion 3B Season .301 14 67
    Ken Griffey Jr. CF Season .256 26 68
    Rich Aurilia SS Season .286 18 51
    Todd Hollandsworth LF Season .150 0 1
    Brandon Phillips 2B Season .293 13 62
    David Ross C Season .280 18 44
    Chris Michalak P Season .400 0 0



    Rafael Furcal SS Season .284 7 46
    Kenny Lofton CF Season .312 2 30
    Julio Lugo 3B Season .254 0 6
    Nomar Garciaparra 1B Season .321 14 69
    Jeff Kent 2B Season .266 12 59
    Andre Ethier LF Season .334 11 52
    Russell Martin C Season .285 7 49
    Jason Repko RF Season .255 3 12
    Brad Penny P Season .222 0 5

    Thank you for postin tonight.. I have been unlucky as of late.. 0-2 and 1-2 for the season posting game threads. We didn't have to face Kent last time.. him added to this line-up is just going to be hectic. We need to get on the board fast and often.

  8. #7
    Greatness In The Making RedLegSuperStar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    4,078

    Re: 8/28/06: Reds @ L.A. Game Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by reds44
    Wait a minute,

    why did he flop Junior and Edwin?
    Didn't even notice that.. wow.. Junior moving down

  9. #8
    He has the Evil Eye! flyer85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    south of the border
    Posts
    23,858

    Re: 8/28/06: Reds @ L.A. Game Thread

    EE in front of Jr to break up the lefties
    What are you, people? On dope? - Mr Hand

  10. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Location
    Newburgh, IN
    Posts
    3,458

    Re: 8/28/06: Reds @ L.A. Game Thread

    Saving Dunn for that walk off or should I say game winning HR in the top of the 9th. Man, Dunn could use a night off anyways.
    And This One Belongs to the REDS!!!

  11. #10
    Greatness In The Making RedLegSuperStar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    4,078

    Re: 8/28/06: Reds @ L.A. Game Thread

    you think this could also be a test for Hollandsworth? Denorfia and Hopper may be better options...

  12. #11
    Worst Behavior. reds44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    25,307

    Re: 8/28/06: Reds @ L.A. Game Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by RedLegSuperStar
    you think this could also be a test for Hollandsworth? Denorfia and Hopper may be better options...
    No, Dunn just can't hit Penny.

    I read about it the other day.

    I've got a feeling Michalak is gonna get tourched.

  13. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Posts
    13,231

    Re: 8/28/06: Reds @ L.A. Game Thread

    I don't usually pick on the lineup, but don't love sitting Dunn. If he doesn't hit Penny, drop him down to sixth (where Hollandsworth is now hitting). Dunn hasn't been good lately, but he tends to come out of his slumps suddenly and is viewed by the opponent as a big threat. LA probably views Dunn's seat on the bench tonight as a big favor by Narron.

    Hope Hollandsworth has a good night, just personally think team has to live or die with Dunn down the stretch.

    Let's hope Michalak keeps Dodgers off balance tonight.

  14. #13
    Greatness In The Making RedLegSuperStar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    4,078

    Re: 8/28/06: Reds @ L.A. Game Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Kc61
    I don't usually pick on the lineup, but don't love sitting Dunn. If he doesn't hit Penny, drop him down to sixth (where Hollandsworth is now hitting). Dunn hasn't been good lately, but he tends to come out of his slumps suddenly and is viewed by the opponent as a big threat. LA probably views Dunn's seat on the bench tonight as a big favor by Narron.

    Hope Hollandsworth has a good night, just personally think team has to live or die with Dunn down the stretch.

    Let's hope Michalak keeps Dodgers off balance tonight.
    I agree with you but I agree with sitting him as well. Dunn has been a work horse..err Donkey. We will need a well rested Dunn for the remainder of the series and its not a bad move.. not a good move as Dunn is a huge part of the offense.. but I think it will favor us in the remaining 2 games

  15. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Posts
    3,736

    Re: 8/28/06: Reds @ L.A. Game Thread

    What a pesky lineup.... Furcal, Lofton (very quick in his day, not sure about now, haven't watched him in forever), and Lugo

  16. #15
    Member Cedric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Monroe
    Posts
    6,384

    Re: 8/28/06: Reds @ L.A. Game Thread

    This one has all the makings of a bad one. Penny hasn't been good lately though.

    I'd still be surprised if this one was close.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25