Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Edwin Encarnacion has about a season's worth of PT now

Edwin Encarnacion has about a season's worth of PT now

In 158 career games (about a full season worth) Encarnacion has put up 23 homers, 98 RBI's, and an amazing 45 doubles. A .270 average and .350 OBP aren't to shabby for a young player either.

That is a great start to a career. Hopefully he will put numbers up like those on a year to year basis for some time.
    Weathers' W/L when I am attending (2009): 0-1

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Roster glue

Re: Edwin Encarnacion has about a season's worth of PT now

Factor in that GAB has been shown to suppress doubles in the relatively short time since it opened, the number is more amazing.

EE looks to be on track to become a premier power hitter for years to come. Watching him, I have been impressed with his patience and both the willingness and ability to hit from foul line to foul line.

nothing more than a fan Always Red's Avatar

Edwin's a star; it's been fun to see him blossom over the last 2 years, and I look to see his defense continue to improve the same way that his offense has.

throws 106. NBD.

I hope to see Edwin on the left side of the infield for a LONG time. I can only see his offensive number getting better and he has improved a lot on defense lately. Give him another year or two and I think he is one of the top 3B in the game.

He has improved alot at the plate compaired to last year.
    If he can learn to go the other way more then teams might stop hugging the line at third.

I wouldn't change a thing about his approach.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

David Who in NY??
    I'm East of you. Be very very worried. Not quite OBX. But, be worried.

Also take in to account that Edwin is a completly different hitter then last year his .233 AVG he put up last year was him getting use to the league. As you can see this year he is a much better hitter then that, I would not be suprised if he turns out to be a .300 20 HR hitter for his career...his career numbers as of now are much different then he is capable of because it took him time to show his potential in the bigs.

Stat Wanker Hodiernus RedsManRick's Avatar

Young players with great doubles numbers and a moderate amount of homers tend to become older players with those ratios flipped. Everything points to EE being a legitimate #3/4 hitter for a long long time. The Bell for Mateo & EE trade could easily go down as the best deal Bowden made.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

I'm seeing EE staying put in that 3 hole for hopefully the rest of his career! I'm loving that line-up! 1.Freel 2.Dunn 3.Eddie 4.Griffey 5.Aurilia 6.Hatte 7.Phillips 8.Ross WoW!
    "There is a great man who makes every man feel small. But the real great man is the man who makes every man feel great." G.K Charleston

I'm not sure the park works a whole lot in his favor (whereas the left-handers really get to feast). Those are dang good numbers.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if next year he could put up a .380/.550 kind of season with more consistent defense....i also like that he hits right handed --it evens out the lineup. I hope to heck they don't move him to 1st cause right now there are about 4 other guys that should be moved ahead of him (i.e. Griffey, Dunn, etc...).

Looks like you may have jinxed him as he's been dreadful the past couple of days...

nothing more than a fan Always Red's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedsFanInMD View Post
    Looks like you may have jinxed him as he's been dreadful the past couple of days...
    not as badly as the person who posted the 1-9 road trip thread...on Sunday

Turn Off Ads?