Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Michalak isn't making the Sunday start.

bearonu

Michalak isn't making the Sunday start.

I don't know if anyone had mentioned this anywhere yet, but the Reds game notes from last night had Michalak starting against Woody Williams in the Sunday finale of the Pads series. In today's notes though, they now have Milton listed.

I am not trying to insinuate anything, merely stating what I have seen.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Michalak isn't making the Sunday start.

They've been talking about going to a four man rotation with all of the off days coming up. This certainly isn't the least bit surprising and probably would have happened regardless of how he pitched yesterday.

As if people needed anymore reason to speculate on the near future of Homer Bailey.....
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

Thank God, we are spared from seeing Michalek pitch in SD. Let's hope he gets moved out of the rotation permanently. If so, last night's loss wasn't totally in vain.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by REDREAD
    Thank God, we are spared from seeing Michalek pitch in SD. Let's hope he gets moved out of the rotation permanently. If so, last night's loss wasn't totally in vain.
    Put me on a list of people that never want to see Michalak pitch for us ever again on the 25 man roster in any capacity.

I saw him make that emergency appearance in Philly, and I knew then he had no value to this team. I'm surprised we gave him the ball for a few more starts, but I guess if Dave Williams can get starts for this club, why not Chris Michalak, right?

If my options are 5 man with Michalak, 4 man, or 5 man with Bailey, let's be sensible and go with the 4 man.

If they continue to skip the 5th spot in the rotation, there will only be need of a 5th starter five more times this season.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfan30
    As if people needed anymore reason to speculate on the near future of Homer Bailey.....
    I think it is more likely the end of Michalak is a 5th starter isn't needed until Tuesday the 5th.

If the Reds are going to call up Homer, and I'm not saying I think they will (although I do ), I'd like to see them give Homer an appearance or two out of the bullpen before his first start.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

san diego would be a perfect place for homer to make his first start. it is a big time pitcher's park, and i think he would succeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Leader
    If the Reds are going to call up Homer, and I'm not saying I think they will (although I do ), I'd like to see them give Homer an appearance or two out of the bullpen before his first start.
    That would be dangerous, IMO. He didn't pitch as well last year in Dayton during his relief turns in the piggyback system, and I don't think you do anything to take him out of his comfort zone. Let him start, let him stay on the same schedule and let him go after guys just as he has been. Don't change the routine unless you absolutely have to.

Turn Off Ads?