Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Denorfia up, Michalak down

Denorfia up, Michalak down

Denorfia returns

LOS ANGELES -- A familiar face is back in the clubhouse this afternoon. Chris Denorfia flew cross-country last night and joined the team today, making him eligible for the postseason.

He takes the roster spot of Chris Michalak, who was optioned to Sarasota. That nifty procedural move would allow the Reds to bring Michalak back the next time they need a fifth starter -- next Tuesday against the Giants. The usual 10-day rule won't apply because Sarasota's season will be over by then.

I'm not convinced Michalak will make that start, but the option is there for the Reds.
    http://frontier.cincinnati.com/blogs/spring/

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Denorfia up, Michalak down

Good. We need another OF IMO. I never want to see Castro PH again.
    School's out. What did you expect?

Castro has been....dare I say, "clutch" lately. But I'm glad we have some speed. Griffey was the tying run last night on 2nd in the 9th inning!

Quote Originally Posted by AvesIce51 View Post
    Castro has been....dare I say, "clutch" lately. But I'm glad we have some speed. Griffey was the tying run last night on 2nd in the 9th inning!
    What's worse is Holly was the winning run.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

I wish Lancaster would stop making things up.

Denorfia didn't fly cross country last night, he crabwalked. Backwards. And he got there in under 43 minutes.

This is to make sure he is eligible for the post season. He had to be on the roster Aug 31st.

WHOOOOOO!

Ah, the old send the problem as far away as you can idea. With Michalak, I may agree with this route for the first time.
    If we weren't all crazy we would go insane.-Jimmy Buffett

Turn Off Ads?