Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Radio "SHOW" has arrived

Passion for the game Team Clark's Avatar

The Radio "SHOW" has arrived

Yes fans the "show" has finally arrived.

Two weeks ago a crazy idea was hatched to put together a Baseball Podcast. Several variations of the Podcast were done, some good, some not so good. Finally last week Ken Griffey, Sr. and I taped two shows. We decided to get a "pilot" show out there. Would anyone listen? We think you just might. Redszone has given us a great deal of support. When I say a great deal I mean a GREAT DEAL. The number of people who volunteered their time and expertise is simply amazing. Studio professionals who are members of this great place literally lined up to help. And HELP they did. The result is something great due to their efforts.

We still have a long way to go. Work is being done on the website and engineering of our "show". I have posted the two "pilot" shows at http://podcast.baseballontheweb.com Please listen, download and provide feedback if at all possible. (You do not need an IPOD to listen to this show) These shows are packed with good info and several stories I know no one has heard. Yes, I already know the audio was just a little wacky at times. My fault. Will not happen again.

The Podcast Web Site is elementary. We have a very sharp Web master working on the Baseballontheweb.com site. Still very much under construction. I will let you know when it becomes available.

The show is designed with Redszone in mind. We absolutely want to choreograph future shows around Redszone content. Either through a thread, an actual forum called "Ask TC" or via e-mail we want to respond to the viewers, readers, posters of Redszone. Once we get a few of those shows under the belt the dynamic will be incredible. Starting in the next week or so we would like to start that process. My PM box is usually full. If you do not want to respond to a thread or create one please e-mail me at tc@baseballontheweb.com

We could not do this without Redszone's support. Boss and GIK have really been behind us on this and we appreciate all of their efforts. Redszone is where the whole idea started. In the coming months we would like to open up the site to more Podcasters. We would like other Redszone members to host their own show. It's a challenge, scary and exhilarating all at the same time. Let your opinion be heard.

Thanks again Redszone.

TC
    Last edited by Team Clark; 08-30-2006 at 08:26 AM. Reason: Spelling
    It's absolutely pathetic that people can't have an opinion from actually watching games and supplementing that with stats. If you voice an opinion that doesn't fit into a black/white box you will get completely misrepresented and basically called a tobacco chewing traditionalist...
    Cedric 3/24/08

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Manliness Personified HumnHilghtFreel's Avatar

Re: The "SHOW" has arrived

It's in my favorites list already! I really appreciate you taking the time to put it all together and it seems to be turning out pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by dburke1337 View Post
    It's in my favorites list already! I really appreciate you taking the time to put it all together and it seems to be turning out pretty good.

Thank you. This has been a lot of fun!
    It's absolutely pathetic that people can't have an opinion from actually watching games and supplementing that with stats. If you voice an opinion that doesn't fit into a black/white box you will get completely misrepresented and basically called a tobacco chewing traditionalist...
    Cedric 3/24/08

Listening to it now!
    Cincinnati Reds
    VOTTO

Also I'd like to mention that I really think it's great that you got Sr. to do the podcasts. As I'm listening, he really adds a lot of insight, which is nice.

For a first timer you sound very comfortable... you must be a natural, lol.

Listening now. This is great stuff TC!
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

This is just great stuff......very enjoyable. Thanks so much for your work put into it, now on my favorites list.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
    This is just great stuff......very enjoyable. Thanks so much for your work put into it, now on my favorites list.
    We had a great time. We were going to call George Foster but we had no way of recording him over the phone at the time. Hopefully we can do that soon.
    Cedric 3/24/08

Quote Originally Posted by Team Clark View Post
    We had a great time. We were going to call George Foster but we had no way of recording him over the phone at the time. Hopefully we can do that soon.
    I have no clue how much the program costs, but my school used one called Skype. It allowed you to make a call from the computer, which you could record to the podcast.

I'll try to get some info on it for you if I can. EDIT: here it is http://www.skype.com/download/
    Last edited by HumnHilghtFreel; 08-30-2006 at 01:30 AM.

Re: The Radio "SHOW" has arrived

We downloaded Gizmo but can not get it to work. We'll keep trying.
    Cedric 3/24/08

Quote Originally Posted by dburke1337 View Post
    I have no clue how much the program costs, but my school used one called Skype. It allowed you to make a call from the computer, which you could record to the podcast.

I'll try to get some info on it for you if I can. EDIT: here it is http://www.skype.com/download/
    Skype works well. I was able to talk to my brother in China with little trouble, other than both of us being on the computer at the same time.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee View Post
    Skype works well. I was able to talk to my brother in China with little trouble, other than both of us being on the computer at the same time.
    Excellent. Thank you both for the suggestion.
    Cedric 3/24/08

I'm about halfway through the first episode. Good stuff!!!

Would Sr. have any interest in going into the booth??? He'd be solid. You're ok, too, of course, TC.

Did you guys have to drum up your own sponsorship or did your host take care of that?
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    I'm about halfway through the first episode. Good stuff!!!

Would Sr. have any interest in going into the booth??? He'd be solid. You're ok, too, of course, TC.

Did you guys have to drum up your own sponsorship or did your host take care of that?

Sr. would like to do a show with me. That has been discussed. Both of us could do a show and still go out and evaluate. Would be fun.

We made up the sponsors in the intro to make the show sound good. We really need a sponsor as funds are limited. TRF is working on our web page. There will be a button that links to Payapl for donations if anyone is interested.
    Cedric 3/24/08

TC, I really enjoyed it. I look forward to listening to the next 100 installments!!!
    Let's play two!!!

Turn Off Ads?