Turn Off Ads?

Thread: vBulletin 3.6 Enhancements

vBulletin 3.6 Enhancements

All,

Below is a link to a list of enhancements in vBulletin 3.6. That's the version that the board was upgraded to today.

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=186803

Feel free to comment on any new features you'd like to see turned on (if it's not already).

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Smells Like Teen Spirit jmcclain19's Avatar

Re: vBulletin 3.6 Enhancements

Boss - I think I remember this being an add on to the last time there was an upgrade - but the latest reputation given has disappared, which used to be above the latest reputation recieved.

Not that big of deal, just something I noticed.

I also don't know what everyone thinks about it - but I see that there is an RSS bot feature on there. Perhaps that could be used in one or both baseball forum for the Enquirer/Post stories? Maybe with Marc Lancaster's blog as well? I know all three have good RSS feeds (I use them in my RSS feed reader).

I would think it would cut down on the duplicate posts when a new story is written.. I remember you guys tried before in the Non-Baseball side and we were on Bot overload. Just a thought.

I also like the idea of multiple quotes - don't know how it would work, but I know it would get used.

But a couple of the new upgrades are nice - like the link in the quote to the previous post.

Smells Like Teen Spirit jmcclain19's Avatar

Wow, and I guess I didn't know that VBulletin has WYSIWYG capablity, but it looks like we already have that turned on. Very cool.

Quote Originally Posted by jmcclain19 View Post
    Boss - I think I remember this being an add on to the last time there was an upgrade - but the latest reputation given has disappared, which used to be above the latest reputation recieved.

Not that big of deal, just something I noticed.

I also don't know what everyone thinks about it - but I see that there is an RSS bot feature on there. Perhaps that could be used in one or both baseball forum for the Enquirer/Post stories? Maybe with Marc Lancaster's blog as well? I know all three have good RSS feeds (I use them in my RSS feed reader).

I would think it would cut down on the duplicate posts when a new story is written.. I remember you guys tried before in the Non-Baseball side and we were on Bot overload. Just a thought.

I also like the idea of multiple quotes - don't know how it would work, but I know it would get used.

But a couple of the new upgrades are nice - like the link in the quote to the previous post.
    Right, I'll have to reinstall all the custom addons that aren't in the stock vBulletin, so bear with me until I can get these reinstalled. I've started with the reputation given display. Thanks for mentioning this, as I forgot to do so.

Lakewood Ranch, FL (by way of Columbus, OH)

I love upgrades.

They use the multi-quote option on another board I frequent. It's a very nice feature.

Is the multi-quote feature available? If not, that would be a nice addition.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Shiny
    Go Gators!

Welcome back Krono.

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    Is the multi-quote feature available? If not, that would be a nice addition.
    Hey I see they turned it on!

The little quote and + sign at the bottom!

Yea and it be ooogly. I sent Boss some new images for use for the Black and the away skins.

Thanks Smith. If someone that's more artistic than I am (which isn't saying much) would be kind enough to modify the attached images to fit the current RedsZone theme, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Boss-Hog View Post
    Thanks Smith. If someone that's more artistic than I am (which isn't saying much) would be kind enough to modify the attached images to fit the current RedsZone theme, I'd greatly appreciate it.
    Hey Boss, I would take the button set from those other skins and just use them here. They are red and should match the color for the default theme.

Quote Originally Posted by smith288 View Post
    Hey Boss, I would take the button set from those other skins and just use them here. They are red and should match the color for the default theme.
    I tried that but it looks pretty out of place (at least to me) since the styles are different.

Turn Off Ads?