Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Our Last Stand

Our Last Stand

The next two games are huge, starting with tonight. If our "Ace" doesn't put an end to this losing streak and if Arroyo doesn't follow it up with a win, we are in serious trouble. I know we are only a 1/2 game out of the wildcard and 3 1/2 out of 1st but those damn Astros won't go away, and we still have to play a large majority of our games on the road the rest of the year. We must win 3 out of our next four and come home and roll. Let's hope Harrang is up to the task tonight and can get things rolling.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Our Last Stand

I am not sure about tonight but I am predicting the Reds will sweep the Padres. They will pay for the Reds recent woes. The Reds hitters need to "go with the pitch"........PLEASE?
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

let's do it !!

I wouldn't be quite so dramatic. After SD we have 13 home games and 12 away games. The schedule works out well with Pit, Hou, and Chi making up 9 of those 12 games on the road and we've had success against all of those teams this year (should be able to win 6). Florida on the road could be tough but its the last week of the season and if we haven't gotten our act together by then it won't matter anyway (2 wins). We're pretty solid at home and have had a recent habit of taking advantage of batting last. The home schedule includes 7 games against Pit and Chi teams and we should easily win 5 of those. The other 6 are against SF and SD and away from the west coast and their spacious stadiums I think we can pick up 3 maybe 4 games there. That would realistically give us a 16-9 finish to the season which would put us at 83-79 if we continue this West Coast Debacle and lose the next four.

Will that be enough to get us into the playoffs? Its a tough call.

The Phillies play the Marlins 10 times to finish the season so hopefully they'll beat up on each other or at least one will eliminate the other. We play the Marlins for 3 the last week of the season so we should control our own destiny with them.

The fact that the NL West teams finish the season playing each other is another advantage and keep in mind that the Dodgers are still in play.

The Astros? Give me a break, there is no way they'll win the Wild Card and I'm glad we get to play them 3 more times.

I know this has been reiterated but with the glut of average teams this year you can't fall out of this race. As said is this is it really looks like the team that finishes one or two games over .500 may win.

We definitely need to win 3 of 4 to get us to a 4-6 road trip. That should also keep us in at least a share of the WC. Home never looked so good.

we are FINE!!

this is a rough road trip.. very rough.. all teams are in the running and have good pitching.

WE'll be FINE!!!!!!
    Proud Member of "The Bengals Lair"
    http://www.uranking.com/vote.asp?member=45269
    http://www.powerhouserock.net
    Somebody's gotta win and somebody's gotta lose and I believe in letting the other guy lose. - Pete Rose

Turn Off Ads?