Turn Off Ads?

Thread: CNN Anchor Talks Over President's Speech While In Bathroom

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

CNN Anchor Talks Over President's Speech While In Bathroom

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: CNN Anchor Talks Over President's Speech While In Bathroom

I know I am 4 years old, but this could only be topped if she had a horrible case of "intestinal distress" and was caught on mic destroying the bathroom.

Retired

I bet someone isn't going to be on the christmas card list this year.

I love the fact that I now know her sister-in-law is a control freak.

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

"The Naked Gun"

At least she didn't cuss

At least she didn't cuss
    At the very beginning, someone does say, "a**hole."

Not sure if it is on the link I gave but it is on there in the full length version around the web...lol

cnn always seems to have a lot of gaffes of some sort when bush or cheney is giving a speech

Quote Originally Posted by BUTLER REDSFAN View Post
    cnn always seems to have a lot of gaffes of some sort when bush or cheney is giving a speech
    That's OK. They make up for it by continuing to give Nancy Grace airtime.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw View Post
    "The Naked Gun"

I was thinking the same thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Sounds like Dad is a bit too happy about Thanksgiving this year.

http://www.nypost.com/news/nationaln...er_fermino.htm

GLASS SPOUSES

CNN'S KYRA IS THE REAL CONTROL
    FREAK, DAD LAUGHS

By JENNIFER FERMINO

August 31, 2006 -- Takes one to know one.
    That was the amused reaction of CNN anchor Kyra Phillips' father yesterday to his daughter's accidentally broadcast bathroom banter - which included a pointed dig at her "control freak" sister-in-law.

"I would think it'd be the other way around," a laughing Dan Phillips, 64, told The Post. "[Kyra's husband] John just kowtows to her all the time."

He said he wasn't aware of any tension between his cable-news-star spawn and the alleged dominating daughter-in-law - but joked that Thanksgiving might be a little strained.

"It's going to be interesting," said the Mobile, Ala., resident. "Absolutely!"

He hadn't heard about the on-air blunder until contacted by a Post reporter - but was tickled by the story.

"I'll be damned. It's like bloopers on TV," he chuckled. "She'll never live this down."

Dan Phillips was talking about Kyra's wireless open mike that picked up and broadcast her conversation with a friend in the ladies' room, sending it out over the air at the same time CNN was carrying President Bush's speech from New Orleans live.

Kyra said of her brother, "He's married, three kids, but his wife is just a control freak."

"Of course, brothers have to be, you know, protective," she told her friend. "Except for mine. I've got to be protective of him."

Nothing much surprises Dan Phillips with his opinionated daughter, whom he affectionately calls the "Tasmanian Devil."

"The people she works with love that crap [her outspokenness]," he said fondly.

Charles Phillips, the supposedly henpecked brother, and his wife, Carrie, are "the type that would never say anything bad about anybody," said the father.

Kyra Phillips, who's been married for about five years, also dished about her husband, but in a good way.

"My husband is handsome and he is genuinely a loving, you know, no ego," gushed Phillips, totally unaware that her mike was still on. "Just a really passionate, compassionate, great, great human being."

The embarrassing chat ended when someone quashed the commentary by warning the Emmy-winning "Live From . . ." host that her microphone was on and her dirty laundry was being aired.

When reached at her home yesterday, the maligned sister-in-law, Carrie Phillips, said, "I don't really want to say anything."

CNN blamed the broadcast booboo on a "technical malfunction with the audio board" and stressed that Phillips wasn't at fault.

After the gaffe, she apologized on air, but made no further comments yesterday about the incident during her show.

Turn Off Ads?