Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wonder if Narron pays the price if the team folds....

Wonder if Narron pays the price if the team folds....

and the half price nights dont sell out now that the Reds are showing they DONT want to go to the post season bad enough!!!..

well i am sure they are looking for a day off to go party.. they way they are focused they look as they have ben partying to much in California and NOT foucusing on baseball.. the reason i say that is the first game there they probaly rested up so they came out ready.. thwe next 6 nights i bet have been party time..

to bad nobody in the dugout calls players out that arent focused on their jobs!!!

sad state.. never imagined this would happen after winning game 1 of the road trip

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Wonder if Narron pays the price if the team folds....

One can only hope Narron goes bye-bye.

Narron needs to go and so does a chunk of the roster. This offseason will be the time for Bob to put up or shut up about not caring how much money he has to spend or how impatient everybody says he is.

Why Narron ?This isn't exactly a good team and yet they still have a shot to make the playoffs.He can only use what he has before him. I do agree that alot of these guys need to go and I think some will.But I think Narron has dine all he can do with what he's had to work with.
    Just an opinion.
    "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser."

Jerry Narron is an idiot who would struggle to Manage his way out of a paper bag.

I'll say that when the Reds are winning and I'll say it when they're losing because it's ALWAYS true. Jerry's gaffes are numerous and belie a man who cannot operate at a level sufficient to manage the many nuances of a Major League ball club.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"

I am not one to presume I know better than him as far as in game management goes. I will leave that to others. I do think this team has terrible fundamentals and that is the fault of the coaches.

I want him gone for that reason alone.
    Ron Popeil apologist.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfan4445 View Post
    and the half price nights dont sell out now that the Reds are showing they DONT want to go to the post season bad enough!!!..

well i am sure they are looking for a day off to go party.. they way they are focused they look as they have ben partying to much in California and NOT foucusing on baseball.. the reason i say that is the first game there they probaly rested up so they came out ready.. thwe next 6 nights i bet have been party time..

to bad nobody in the dugout calls players out that arent focused on their jobs!!!

sad state.. never imagined this would happen after winning game 1 of the road trip
    And of course you can prove all of this. It has nothing to do with the fact that they are just not that good of a baseball team. Average baseball teams have 6 game losing streaks. Lucky for us the NL is full of average and poor baseball teams and any one, if not all, of the teams we are in the race with could do the same thing. The Cards had a nine game losing streak just a few weeks ago, and they've got more talent than we do. I suppose you could be right, but it seems that teams always "look" unfocused when they are in the midst of a losing streak.

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    Jerry Narron is an idiot who would struggle to Manage his way out of a paper bag.
    So that's how you get to the ORG.

Quote Originally Posted by vic715 View Post
    Why Narron ?This isn't exactly a good team and yet they still have a shot to make the playoffs.He can only use what he has before him. I do agree that alot of these guys need to go and I think some will.But I think Narron has dine all he can do with what he's had to work with.
    Just an opinion.
    The Reds need a manager with the track record and personality to overwhelm the clubhouse.
    "Don't trust any statistics you did not fake yourself."--Winston Churchill

IMHO, this an extremely ridiculous post.

Your allegation that the team is partying instead of focusing on baseball has absolutely no foundation.

And I'm sure the Reds want to go to the postseason just as badly as we want them to.

I have no idea why they're not playing sound baseball, but to suggest it's because they don't want to and that their off the field activities are to blame is a bit off the wall, doncha think?
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

I just said this over on the thread I started yesterday about an old SI article "The Best of The Bosses". I think the Reds need stability in their on field managing, not yet another new manager. I disagree with those who believe Jerry Narron is an idiot. We've had a revolving door of managers for the most part since Sparky Anderson left nearly thirty years ago - in recent years we're on par with George Steinbrenner at his worst!

We must remember, Jerry was recently signed to an extension. Teams do not usually fire a manager a few short months after giving them an extension.

nothing more than a fan Always Red's Avatar

Narron's not going anywhere. He's in tune with the FO and Mr. Castellini. He's just been signed to an extension.

He's absolutely made some mistakes this year, and it's even easier to point those out in hindsight. He made some moves, he even admitted, from his heart, that backfired. I think he's a stand-up guy for admitting that. He was trying to show confidence in his guys, IMO.

Baseball is a game of confidence, in a lot of ways. If you have 2 guys with similar skills, and one is more confident than the other, he'll be a better ballplayer. Narron was trying to instill confidence in some of those guys along the way, especially in sticking with pitchers who were in tight spots. It didn't work out, but sometimes it does, and when it does, it can push a guy up to another level. Narron was trying to do that, push these guys along to the next level.

I'm sure a lot here will disagree with that, but that's how I see it. Narron can't play the game for these guys. Senior was just saying yesterday on TC's podcast that managers and coaches do not like to teach on the major league level- those are things that should be done in the minors. There is a general lack of focus that I notice, and I don't necessarily blame Narron for that, these guys are professionals and should be ready for all situations. All teams need veteran leadership; is this team getting any from it's veterans?

well i am sure they are looking for a day off to go party.. they way they are focused they look as they have ben partying to much in California...
    I'm not as sure of it as you are, but I guess it could be partying. Or it could be the time change. Or it could be the humidity. Or it could be they'd rather play Xbox. Or it could be the curse of the West Coast road trips. Or if could be an evil plot by BC to stage a come from behind cinderlla finish to the season.

OR it could be the real reason. They are a .500 mediocre ballclub that is falling back to earth.
    a super volcano of ridonkulous suckitude.

I simply don't have access to a "cares about RBI" place in my psyche. There is a "mildly curious about OBI%" alcove just before the acid filled lake guarded by robot snipers with lasers which leads to the "cares about RBI" antechamber though. - Nate

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by MrCinatit View Post
    We must remember, Jerry was recently signed to an extension. Teams do not usually fire a manager a few short months after giving them an extension.
    So let's set a precedent, start a trend, something.

I've never liked Jerry Narron from Day 1, and regardless of our record I've wanted him gone.

Maybe if we do miss the playoffs, he will finally get all the blame he deserves, and a pink slip to boot.

I'd rather us lose with someone than win in spite of Jerry Narron.
    Last edited by Highlifeman21; 08-31-2006 at 11:08 AM.

Turn Off Ads?