Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wonder if Narron pays the price if the team folds....

Re: Wonder if Narron pays the price if the team folds....

Quote Originally Posted by MartyFan View Post
    Girardi is available after this season and the guy can MANAGE a game and motivate a team.
    Actually, the biggest criticism against Girardi has been game management.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by fewfirstchoice View Post
    Dont get me wrong here I am a Dunn fan but he just cost the Reds to many runs in the outfield.
    I am currious...how many runs is "too many"?

I mean, how many runs has Dunn cost the team this year?

nothing more than a fan Always Red's Avatar

Girardi is available after this season and the guy can MANAGE a game and motivate a team.

Pinella is available after this season and he and Mr. C have already met at least one time.
    I'd rather have Girardi than Piniella. This team needs a fiery manager to kick it in the butt, and get the vets to step up and lead.

I loved Lou, but his time has come and gone. I have it on good authority (I cannot divulge the source) that he and Mr. C met prior to this season, and Mr. C offered him the job, in fact told him that he would not take "no" for an answer. Lou laughed and told him "no," told him that he is burned out right now and plus, his contract states that he cannot manage this year, and then proceeded to tell Mr.C how good of a manager Jerry Narron is. It is because of this conversation, IMO, that Narron kept the job in the first place, and then was signed to the extension.
    sorry we're boring

I'd rather have Girardi than Piniella. This team needs a fiery manager to kick it in the butt, and get the vets to step up and lead.
    If the Reds ever hired Girardi and he brought back the no facial hair rule, that would be last I'd go see this club for a long time. I hated that rule all the time it was here and I'd hate it again.

How many runs has he gave up in the outfield?Who knows,but let me ask you this Ltlabner how many runs has he saved in the outfield.Im willing to bet that hes gave up more runs than saved out there wouldnt you agree.

Narron > Most people believe
    redsrule2500
    Go Reds!
    “I’m a normal guy blessed with the ability to hit a baseball.” - Sean Casey

Quote Originally Posted by redsmetz View Post
    If the Reds ever hired Girardi and he brought back the no facial hair rule, that would be last I'd go see this club for a long time. I hated that rule all the time it was here and I'd hate it again.
    I loved that rule...I think it classes up the team to be clean shaven.

Of course upon further reflection I seem to recall that Marge Schott was the last owner to enforce that rule...so much for classing up anything.

I still like that rule.
    "Sometimes, it's not the sexiest moves that put you over the top," Krivsky said. "It's a series of transactions that help you get there."

Passion for the game Team Clark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wheelhouse View Post
    The Reds need a manager with the track record and personality to overwhelm the clubhouse.
    Lou Piniella is nice and rested....
    It's absolutely pathetic that people can't have an opinion from actually watching games and supplementing that with stats. If you voice an opinion that doesn't fit into a black/white box you will get completely misrepresented and basically called a tobacco chewing traditionalist...
    Cedric 3/24/08

Quote Originally Posted by Ltlabner View Post
    I am currious...how many runs is "too many"?

I mean, how many runs has Dunn cost the team this year?
    I'll start the bidding at 20. Since I have no idea how many runs he has cost the Reds I think 20 is a nice round number.
    It's absolutely pathetic that people can't have an opinion from actually watching games and supplementing that with stats. If you voice an opinion that doesn't fit into a black/white box you will get completely misrepresented and basically called a tobacco chewing traditionalist...
    Cedric 3/24/08

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    Actually, the biggest criticism against Girardi has been game management.
    I find that EXTREMELY hard to believe in all sincerity. Not doubting YOU personally as I am sure there are a few ignoramus that say that. Just like I am sure there were a few knuckleheads who blamed Sparky for the 60 losses the Reds would have in a season during the 70's.
    Cedric 3/24/08

I loved that rule...I think it classes up the team to be clean shaven.
    No facial hair is classy? I guess that depends on who you talk to because I find it no less classy than well-groomed facial hair.

IMHO, it's a horrible rule. Unless it's an occupational hazard, grown men should have the right to decide for themselves whether or not to sport facial hair (or long hair for that matter) as long as it's trimmed and clean.

They are not children, after all, and should not be dicated to about something that is a personal preferance.
    Last edited by TeamBoone; 09-01-2006 at 12:40 AM.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Quote Originally Posted by TeamBoone View Post
    No facial hair is classy? I guess that depends on who you talk to because I find it no less classy than well-groomed facial hair.

IMHO, it's a horrible rule. Unless it's an occupational hazard, grown men should have the right to decide for themselves whether or not to sport facial hair (or long hair for that matter) as long as it's trimmed and clean.

They are not children, after all, and should not be dicated to about something that is a personal preferance.
    Just MHO

I like it...no biggie.
    "Sometimes, it's not the sexiest moves that put you over the top," Krivsky said. "It's a series of transactions that help you get there."

Retired

Extending Narrons contract when they did was a huge tactical error, everyone on Redszone saw it, too bad Bob C didn’t. But, what's done is done. I'd say the odds of Narron being fired are pretty slim. Even if we totally tank from now until the end of the season I think Narron keeps his job.

The only name that would fire up the fans would be Piniella, and he wouldn't come cheap. He's also made it clear he wants to win, right now, and that means a pretty large payroll. I'd love to have him back, but I don't see it happening with the current position of the organization and Lou's goals.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds4Life View Post
    Extending Narrons contract when they did was a huge tactical error, everyone on Redszone saw it, too bad Bob C didn’t. But, what's done is done. I'd say the odds of Narron being fired are pretty slim.
    Although we all love Bob right now...I'm afraid I see Bob turning into a slight Jerry Jones type of owner. Too hands on. I don't want Uncle Carl back by any means because atleast Bob is trying, but I'm afraid some things will be decided by him that WK should be deciding.

Maybe TC's avatar can help see the future to what Bob will be like.

Quote Originally Posted by Team Clark View Post
    Lou Piniella is nice and rested....
    Has he been to "Betty's" house lately...if you know what I mean?

Turn Off Ads?