Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Redsfest Questions?

Redsfest Questions?

I see where the Reds are promoting Redsfest a lot this year. The new uniforms are going to be shown there and the website has been talking about things that will be going on. But i have a question for people who have been to Restfest in the past.

What exactly will they have there? It seems like this years is going to be a little different than in the past but I figure for the most part its going to be the same as when the used to have it if not a little bit better.

What im really wanting to know is it worth me driving 3 1/2 hours to go see it? This is the first year I can go to it and it seems like its going to be good but i just dont really know much about it.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Redsfest Questions?

I went the first year they had it and it was fun. The night I went they had Griffey Sr. talking about hitting, a number of Reds were signing autographs, they had a play-by-play booth were you could call an inning, there was a large section of vendors selling memorabilia/cards. There were quite a few other sessions/talks as well.

That said, I wouldn't drive 350 miles for it. Junior's not going to take you out for dinner after all . . .

They will have autograph and photo sessions with players on both days. They usually have stage shows where they have a Q&A session with the front office, trivia games, etc. Lots of memorabilia booths and stuff for kids. Also Reds gear for sale. May not be worth the long drive but if you want autographs and pics from the most popular players, be prepared to stand in line for a long time. Even then you may not be able to get one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

I've been to every Reds Fest, and I highly recommend it. If you're a huge Reds fan, it's worth the drive (I would do it if I were in your situation).

Autographs (long lines, not my cup of tea anymore because they've changed the process), photo ops with your own camera, Reds gear at substantially reduced prices, stage shows (Q&A panels, trivia, and more w/select players/staff/GM), vendors with everything imaginable that is baseball related, live WLW broadcasting often interviewing players, call an inning, kids stuff (pitching, batting, etc), vintage baseball booth, Rosey Reds booth... and always some new stuff and things that change from year to year.

I've never found myself bored or at a loss for things to explore and do.

One thing to keep in mind, all players are not there each day/night... I believe when the event draws near, they'll publish a schedule of which players will be there when (some minor leaguers are also present... maybe Votto, Bailey, and Bruce!).
    Last edited by TeamBoone; 08-31-2006 at 01:09 PM.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Quote Originally Posted by Shaknb8k View Post
    I see where the Reds are promoting Redsfest a lot this year. The new uniforms are going to be shown there and the website has been talking about things that will be going on. But i have a question for people who have been to Restfest in the past.

What exactly will they have there? It seems like this years is going to be a little different than in the past but I figure for the most part its going to be the same as when the used to have it if not a little bit better.

What im really wanting to know is it worth me driving 3 1/2 hours to go see it? This is the first year I can go to it and it seems like its going to be good but i just dont really know much about it.

I drove 6 hours to the last one and let's just say that unless something happens I will be at the next one. It was well worth it. My son has memories that he will never forget. A picture with Griffey is worth a lot. I enjoyed the questions and answers with guys like Foster and Marty. It is really cool...(really really cheap Reds stuff also - the last day)
    Tim McCarver: Baseball Quotes
    I remember one time going out to the mound to talk with Bob Gibson. He told me to get back behind the batter, that the only thing I knew about pitching was that it was hard to hit.

This may seem silly, but I really wish they'd have the players show up in uniforms. It would make for much better photographs, and would make the meeting seem more "authentic", for lack of a better word.

Help stamp out, eliminate, and do away with redundancy.

I have never been to one but I might make the trek down from Indy if I can find someone to tag along. It sounds like a ton of fun.

I wonder if Wayne will take questions from the crowd like Bowden used to.

Also, props to the new ownership for getting Redsfest going again. Remember last year, how Allen gave some lame excuse about how there wasn't going to be anywhere to hold it? Hopefully Allen will be DFAed by the time Redsfest happens.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Quote Originally Posted by REDREAD View Post
    IAlso, props to the new ownership for getting Redsfest going again. Remember last year, how Allen gave some lame excuse about how there wasn't going to be anywhere to hold it? Hopefully Allen will be DFAed by the time Redsfest happens.
    This has nothing to do with new management. RF was always scheduled to resume when the Convention Center's renovation was completed.

And I wouldn't be surprised at all to see WK field questions.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Quote Originally Posted by TeamBoone View Post
    This has nothing to do with new management. RF was always scheduled to resume when the Convention Center's renovation was completed.

And I wouldn't be surprised at all to see WK field questions.
    Ok, if it was finished this year, then it's neutral. I didn't realize it was done.

I still think they should've done something like RedsFest during the renovation.. but oh well, that's past.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Ok, if it was finished this year, then it's neutral. I didn't realize it was done.

I still think they should've done something like RedsFest during the renovation.. but oh well, that's past.
    They could have it there easy enough. They just did not want to and the renovations was just a convienient excuse. They were probably losing money on the thing and that is why they scrubbed it.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

I totally agree.

There are places large enough to accomodate the function (actually, Chip and I had this discussion). Not only that, but functions were still being held in the CC throughout the renovation process.

I believe it was a John Allen decision to suspend it while the CC was being enlarged.

I don't know how they could have lost money. The place was nearly always rocking when ever I went.

did they have a good selection of game used stuff in the past.....anybody know if they sold any game used stuff at GABP this season, games i was at in June they wern't, or is all being held for this???? also if anyone recalls, what were cracked bats and jerseys going for and any helmets or caps?

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.d...T04/610280389/

Kahn's Redsfest

When: Friday, Dec. 1, 4-11 p.m; Saturday, Dec. 2, noon-8 p.m. (10 a.m. to noon for season-ticketholders only)

Who's there: Among the Reds already committed to appear are Ryan Freel, Brandon Phillips, Bronson Arroyo, David Ross, Todd Coffey, Javier Valentin, Juan Castro and Brandon Claussen.

Cost: One-day pass, $10 adults, $5 for 12 and under; two-day, $15/$7.

Tickets will go on sale Monday at reds.com, by phone at 513-381-REDS or toll free at 877-647-REDS, and at all area Meijer stores.

Included: All activities are covered in the admission price. Items also are available for purchase, including your photo on a Louisville Slugger bat, baseballs dipped in Maker's Mark bottle wax and Reds jerseys with your name stitched on the back.

I'm interested in going, but only if there are interesting panels/talks etc; I'm not really interested in meeting the players or buying merchandise. Does anybody have any idea what kind of panels there will be, more specifics on what there's been in the past?

It is a heck of a lot cheaper than I expected, which is nice.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

Turn Off Ads?