Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Redsfest Questions?

Re: Redsfest Questions?

There always were panels with players and coaches and broadcasters, with questions from the fans. I always liked that part- I don't care about the pics and the autographs. Myfamily and I will go both days and stay somewhere downtown Fri night.
    I've been to dinner at Jimmy Buffet's house, and I've eaten it at a homeless shelter. And there's great joy and harrowing terror to be found in both places.
    -Todd Snider

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by vaticanplum View Post
    I'm interested in going, but only if there are interesting panels/talks etc; I'm not really interested in meeting the players or buying merchandise. Does anybody have any idea what kind of panels there will be, more specifics on what there's been in the past?

It is a heck of a lot cheaper than I expected, which is nice.
    I haven't heard what sessions there will be this year, but in the past they've had Q&A with the broadcasters, kids press conference where kids are allowed to ask players questions, Reds Jeopardy where audience memebers team up with a current or former player, and Q&A time with the GM. Those are off the top of my head. I also remember that the year before the opened GABP they had a session about it. The sessions are probably my favorite part. That and huge discounts on merchandise.

Quote Originally Posted by vaticanplum View Post
    I'm interested in going, but only if there are interesting panels/talks etc; I'm not really interested in meeting the players or buying merchandise. Does anybody have any idea what kind of panels there will be, more specifics on what there's been in the past?

It is a heck of a lot cheaper than I expected, which is nice.
    IIRC the price was $8 the last time and free tickets if you were a season ticket holder.
    2024 Reds record attending: 1-0
    2024 Dragons record attending: 0-0
    2024 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

Scheduled to Appear, Part II:

Players: Matt Belisle, Juan Castro, Ryan Franklin, Ryan Freel, Brendan Harris, Kyle Lohse, Kent Mercker, Eric Milton, Brandon Phillips, Jason Standridge, Javier Valentin, David Weathers, Paul Wilson.

BDSSP Live Taping:

Rob Dibble, a key component of the Reds' 1990 World Championship team, will be on hand to tape a live segment for Fox Sports Net's Best Sports Show Period. Fans in attendance at Redsfest on Friday night will have the chance to be part of a live studio audience during the taping.

Concert Info:

As previously reported, gates open on Friday, December 1 at 4pm and the event will last until 11pm. The Friday night concert will serve as a re-release party of the Buddy Rogers "Clutch Hits" CD, with acts such as Freekbass, Screaming Mimes, psychodots, and Noah Hunt & the All Stars performing live. The concert headliner will be Reds All-Star Pitcher, Bronson Arroyo!

Field of Dreams:

What would a baseball event in December be without an indoor baseball field?! We asked ourselves that question, which is why we will be constructing a miniature baseball field inside Redsfest which will be activated by the Reds Community Fund to include games for ballplayers of all ages.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

News Release

KAHN'S REDSFEST 2006 TICKETS ON SALE MONDAY

Scheduled For December 1-2 At Duke Energy Center

CINCINNATI - Tickets for Kahn's Redsfest 2006, presented by Great American Insurance Group, benefiting the Reds Community Fund, will go on sale Monday via the internet at reds.com, by phone locally at (513) 381-REDS or toll free at (877) 647-REDS and at all area Meijer stores.

After a 2-year absence the popular fan festival will be held at the renovated Duke Energy Center in downtown Cincinnati from 4:00 to 11:00 p.m. on Friday, December 1 and from noon to 8:00 p.m. on Saturday, December 2. Season ticket holders will have early access Saturday beginning at 10:00 a.m.. One-day tickets are $10 for adults and $5 for fans 12 and under, while two-day tickets are $15 for adults and $7 for kids.

The event, which includes fan interaction, autographs and photos with current and former players, was not held in 2004 or 2005 because of construction on the convention center.

"We are very proud and excited to announce the return of our annual fan festival,R21; said Reds chief executive officer Bob Castellini. R20;This yearR17;s event will kick off annual festivities that are more unique and spectacular than anything weR17;ve offered in the past. Our sponsors have really stepped up so that we can make this the premiere preseason event for Reds fans."

As part of the first day's festivities, at 5:00 p.m. on the main stage the Reds will unveil their new uniforms as part of a fashion show presented by Macy's. The first 10,000 fans attending Redsfest each day will receive a commemorative beverage koozie depicting the teamR17;s new uniform style.

Also on Friday, former Reds pitcher Rob Dibble of Fox Sports Net will use Redsfest as the backdrop for a taped segment of FSN’s Best Damn Sports Show Period, and Reds star pitcher Bronson Arroyo will highlight a concert that is scheduled to feature several local acts beginning at 7:30. Reds radio rightsholder 700 WLW will broadcast SportsTalk live from the floor from 6:00 to 9:00.

On Redsfest Saturday, the Reds Community Fund Celebrity Poker Tournament will be held in the grand ballroom beginning at 7:00 p.m.. Celebrities will include current and former Reds players, coaches, front office executives and local personalities. Participants must be 21 years old, and the tax-deductible entry fee is $200 person. To sign up for the tournament, visit reds.com or call (513) 765-7019. Tickets at $30 are available to fans 21 and older who just want to watch the action.

Other activities scheduled for the main stage on Saturday include a kids’ only press conference involving Reds players, a Reds Idol National Anthem contest, Hooters wing eating contest, Reds Hot Stove Report with general manager Wayne Krivsky and manager Jerry Narron and a NewlyReds Game featuring players and their significant others.

Fans will be able to enjoy several exhibits from the Reds Hall of Fame, a Reds memorabilia gallery sponsored by Hooters, BuddyR17;s Carpet Field of Dreams, Belterra Sports Bar and an interactive area that will feature the Meijer Fun Zone, Careerbuilder.com batting cage, Snappy Tomato Pizza speed pitch, steal home challenge and Gorilla Glue little league slugger home run challenge.

At www.reds.com/redsfest, fans can keep updated on ticket information, confirmed activities, events and current/former players attending KahnR17;s Redsfest 2006, presented by Great American Insurance Group, benefiting the Reds Community Fund. That special site also can be accessed via www.reds.com and will be updated every Monday until the event begins.

Now on www.reds.com/redsfest, fans can register to win four VIP Redsfest Experience packages. The sweepstakes winners will receive four tickets to Kahn’s Redsfest 2006, an autographed Redsfest program, a personalized Reds jersey, a personalized Louisville Slugger authentic bat and a VIP meet-and-greet session with Reds players and coaches. Postcards entries for the sweepstakes also will be accepted. They can be mailed to Great American Ball Park, c/o Redsfest VIP Experience, 100 Main St., Cincinnati, OH 45202.

KahnR17;s Redsfest Preliminary Event Listing

All events subject to change

Chevrolet Main Stage

Friday 4:30-5:00, Reds Community Fund press conference

December 1 5:00-6:00, Reds Fashion Show presented by Macy’s, featuring the unveiling of the Reds’ new uniforms

6:15-7:00, Best Damn Sports Show Period taping with Rob Dibble

7:30-11:00, Buddy Rogers Music Cincinnati Clutch Hits CD release concert featuring Bronson Arroyo,

Freekbass, Screaming Mimes, psychodots and Noah Hunt and The All Stars

Saturday

December 2 10:00-11:00 a.m., Season ticket holders taping I Live For This spots

11:00-noon, Kids only press conference w/Reds players

Noon-12:20, Card Wars presented by Planet Collectibles

12:30-1:30, Reds Idol National Anthem contest

1:45-2:30, Hooters wing eating contest

2:30-3:30, Reds Hot Stove Report with Wayne Krivsky, Jerry Narron and others

3:30-3:50, Card Wars presented by Planet Collectibles

4:00-5:00, Kids only press conference w/Reds players

5:00-6:00, NewlyReds Game featuring players and their significant others

6:00-6:30, Bronson Arroyo acoustic concert

6:30-8:00, Bronson Arroyo signs his Covering the Bases CD

7:00-midnight, Reds Community Fund celebrity poker tournament

Buddy's Carpet "Field of Dreams" little league diamond

Field activities will include a celebrity home run derby, an adult wiffle ball tournament, youth clinics given by Champions Baseball Academy and wiffle ball batting practice for kids of all ages.

Belterra Sports Bar furnished by Watson’s

Featuring pool tables, foosball tables & two 70" plasma televisions broadcasting live sporting events

Interactive Areas

Meijer Fun Zone featuring video games, baseball inflatable bouncer/slide, Cracker Jack stack, wild pitch interactive, double play interactive, Careerbuilder.com batting cage, Snappy Tomato Pizza speed pitch, steal home challenge and Gorilla Glue little league slugger home run challenge.

Majestic Merchandise Area

Featuring the latest Reds gear, including new uniform jersey tops.

Reds Ticketing Area

Featuring information about premium, season and group tickets & Reds gift cards.

Reds Hall of Fame Exhibit featuring National Baseball Hall of Fame

Negro Leagues display, Latino Beisbol presented by Chiquita display, Women in Baseball presented by Kroger display, minor league baseball team map presented by Delta and a minor league hat wall presented by New Era.

Reds Memorabilia Gallery sponsored by Hooters

Reds Community Area

Featuring silent auctions and the opportunity to purchase grab bags and baseball memorabilia such as jerseys, hats and bats. Proceeds to benefit the Reds Community Fund.

Photo Opportunities

Reds.com Dream Room with “register to win,” Great American Insurance Group team photo featuring 2006 Reds team, Superior Dental Care clubhouse scene featuring GABP replica lockers, Wyler Automotive Family “At the Wall Catch.”

Interactive Vehicles

Chevrolet rock n’ roll display, Pepsi MLB tour vehicle, Budweiser “B” Lounge, Time Warner kids truck.

Autograph Booths

Great American Insurance Group, Duke Energy, Planet Collectibles, Kroger/Kid Cuisine, Fujitec.

Photograph Booths

National City, Cincinnati Bell Yellow Pages, Skyline.

Belterra Sports Bar
    Hmmm... wonder what kind of beer selection they'll have? [I owe Chip one].
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

Darn right you do.

Doesn't appear to be as many interactive shows between the Reds and the fans as in years past. Just the Hot Stove thing the NewlyReds game and kids press conference but that's about it. Although I'm sure some enterprising RedsZone members could bribe a kid to ask a particularly tough question.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

There should be a Redszone booth at Redsfest. With cheerleaders.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    Darn right you do.

Doesn't appear to be as many interactive shows between the Reds and the fans as in years past. Just the Hot Stove thing the NewlyReds game and kids press conference but that's about it. Although I'm sure some enterprising RedsZone members could bribe a kid to ask a particularly tough question.
    Better yet - get a RedZoner's kid to do the bidding...

Quote Originally Posted by KittyDuran View Post
    Better yet - get a RedZoner's kid to do the bidding...

That's right. Seems a certain RedsZoner bet his first born on something or other a few years ago. I wonder who could that be?
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    That's right. Seems a certain RedsZoner bet his first born on something or other a few years ago. I wonder who could that be?
    Jimmy Haynes happens. :
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

this sounds like a ton of fun, an experience I hope I can enjoy someday. I live in NC, so a long drive for that, but would try it this year-but it also falls on my wedding day.....Maybe next year, as I would love to meet some of the palyers, get some autos, Reds swag.

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    There should be a Redszone booth at Redsfest. With cheerleaders.
    In fact, forget the booth!

Makes all the routine posts.

Quote Originally Posted by bounty37h View Post
    this sounds like a ton of fun, an experience I hope I can enjoy someday. I live in NC, so a long drive for that, but would try it this year-but it also falls on my wedding day.....Maybe next year, as I would love to meet some of the palyers, get some autos, Reds swag.
    That's not a bad excuse at all. Congrats on the wedding.

OK..I'll be the first to ask the question....where are Ken Griffey Jr, Adam Dunn, Edwin Encarnacion, Aaron Harang, Homer Bailey, Jay Bruce, and Joey Votto? This is supposed to be for the younger fans, and outside of Freel, Arroyo and Phillips there isn't a marketable player participating. I believe that Reds fans have the right to ask why the most popular players with the younger fans have chosen not to participate, and I would have loved a forum with Bailey, Votto & Bruce. The lineup of players is VERY disappointing. I'll be there because my boys will still love it, but when you've had a whole year to launch this and can't get your big guns to attend, I guess you hide it by having Bronson play some songs. I really want someone to pursue why the participation list of players is so anemic.

Turn Off Ads?