Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Redsfest Questions?

Re: Redsfest Questions?

He'll be manning that new interactive booth that lets you throw a baseball at a school teacher.

Makes all the routine posts.

2. Turn Off Ads?

From the first page...

Quote Originally Posted by TeamBoone View Post
    Scheduled to Appear, Part II:

Players: Matt Belisle, Juan Castro, Ryan Franklin, Ryan Freel, Brendan Harris, Kyle Lohse, Kent Mercker, Eric Milton, Brandon Phillips, Jason Standridge, Javier Valentin, David Weathers, Paul Wilson.

BDSSP Live Taping:

Rob Dibble, a key component of the Reds' 1990 World Championship team, will be on hand to tape a live segment for Fox Sports Net's Best Sports Show Period. Fans in attendance at Redsfest on Friday night will have the chance to be part of a live studio audience during the taping.

Concert Info:

As previously reported, gates open on Friday, December 1 at 4pm and the event will last until 11pm. The Friday night concert will serve as a re-release party of the Buddy Rogers "Clutch Hits" CD, with acts such as Freekbass, Screaming Mimes, psychodots, and Noah Hunt & the All Stars performing live. The concert headliner will be Reds All-Star Pitcher, Bronson Arroyo!

Field of Dreams:

What would a baseball event in December be without an indoor baseball field?! We asked ourselves that question, which is why we will be constructing a miniature baseball field inside Redsfest which will be activated by the Reds Community Fund to include games for ballplayers of all ages.
    2024 Reds record attending: 1-0
    2024 Dragons record attending: 0-0
    2024 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

You going both days, Kitty?
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    You going both days, Kitty?
    Yup! Just haven't got my ticket yet...
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

Quote Originally Posted by Redsland View Post
    He'll be manning that new interactive booth that lets you throw a baseball at a school teacher.

Hey! As a current 7th grade language arts teacher, I resent that!

So were they selling game used stuff there? If so what kind of prices were they selling them for. Did they have jerseys, helmets, bats? Is there quite a bit of it......Just wondering, I may go tomorrow if there is a selection of gamers there.....

Lots of game-used stuff. not cheap, though. Signed game-used jerseys were about $350. Game-used bats were about $150. There were also helmets, gloves, and un-signed game-used items.
    Makes all the routine posts.

I would have liked to have seen Friday's selection. This afternoon when I was there it was getting maked down 25% on most game used stuff. I wonder if it dropped anymore today. Was able to get a nice Sunday alternate gamer from the $75 selection and a helmet. The low end guys were priced to move. I do like how the Reds have there own special property of tagging on the game used jerseys...The cracked bats were really overpriced. The bats of guys who spent 2 minutes in the show should not be $50, more like $10 and they may move. Was there any Griffey or Dunn stuff Friday? Nothing really there today but an overpriced, not even game used signed Dunn jersey for over $300. I believe Griffey keeps most of his stuff. I know in Seattle he had some buddies selling most of his game used stuff, to the point he flooded the market for his gamers......Anybody know where unsold stuff goes? back in storage for next year or do they start selling it again in the teams store at GABP....

Quote Originally Posted by indyred View Post
    I would have liked to have seen Friday's selection. This afternoon when I was there it was getting maked down 25% on most game used stuff. I wonder if it dropped anymore today. Was able to get a nice Sunday alternate gamer from the $75 selection and a helmet. The low end guys were priced to move. I do like how the Reds have there own special property of tagging on the game used jerseys...The cracked bats were really overpriced. The bats of guys who spent 2 minutes in the show should not be $50, more like $10 and they may move. Was there any Griffey or Dunn stuff Friday? Nothing really there today but an overpriced, not even game used signed Dunn jersey for over $300. I believe Griffey keeps most of his stuff. I know in Seattle he had some buddies selling most of his game used stuff, to the point he flooded the market for his gamers......Anybody know where unsold stuff goes? back in storage for next year or do they start selling it again in the teams store at GABP....

When I left it was marked down 50% off... Don't know if it went any lower.
    Tim McCarver: Baseball Quotes
    I remember one time going out to the mound to talk with Bob Gibson. He told me to get back behind the batter, that the only thing I knew about pitching was that it was hard to hit.

Quote Originally Posted by paulrichjr View Post
    When I left it was marked down 50% off... Don't know if it went any lower.
    Figures, wish I could have stayed later, I would of bought a ton more stuff for half off. Have the Reds announced what the total attendence was? It was my first time at the event. Did it seem bigger than the past one's when they held them?

Quote Originally Posted by indyred View Post
    Figures, wish I could have stayed later, I would of bought a ton more stuff for half off. Have the Reds announced what the total attendence was? It was my first time at the event. Did it seem bigger than the past one's when they held them?

Haven't head anything about that yet. It was definitely bigger than previous years. In the past, there were vast open areas around the sides. Not this year.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    Haven't head anything about that yet. It was definitely bigger than previous years. In the past, there were vast open areas around the sides. Not this year.
    From Marc's blog...

The estimated attendance today was 11,000, bringing the total for two days of Redsfest to 18,000, a record crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by otto View Post
    While not quite as good as the video I still can't get enough of Reds Fan. What a catchy little song.

And Mrs. Ltlabner better be carefull, I think the tall red-head that was dancing with Freakbass himself during the gituar solo was checking me out.

On a side note, I loved the concert, I thought it was a lot of fun. All of the acts were great! Oh, and, you can totally see me if you click on the link below, and do the following:

http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/NASAp...=.jsp&c_id=cin

1. Click where it says "Clutch Hits Concert"
    2. Once it loads, choose "Bronson Arroyo's Accoustic Concert"
    3. Once THAT loads, fast forward the concert to about 14:55 and let it play. You'll see me at approximately 15:04 in the black sweater and black headband clapping and chomping my gum. And then I look directly at the camera because it caught the corner of my eye. Also because I'm a total dork.

Turn Off Ads?