Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Redsfest Questions?

Re: Redsfest Questions?

Don't worry about the player line-up. There's always good attendance at these things, and a lot of players don't RSVP until the last minute.

Cheers!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by dougflynn23 View Post
    OK..I'll be the first to ask the question....where are Ken Griffey Jr, Adam Dunn, Edwin Encarnacion, Aaron Harang, Homer Bailey, Jay Bruce, and Joey Votto? This is supposed to be for the younger fans, and outside of Freel, Arroyo and Phillips there isn't a marketable player participating. I believe that Reds fans have the right to ask why the most popular players with the younger fans have chosen not to participate, and I would have loved a forum with Bailey, Votto & Bruce. The lineup of players is VERY disappointing. I'll be there because my boys will still love it, but when you've had a whole year to launch this and can't get your big guns to attend, I guess you hide it by having Bronson play some songs. I really want someone to pursue why the participation list of players is so anemic.
    At the last one Griffey wasn't supposed to be coming but showed up. I got to stand with him for 20-30 minutes or so and talk. It was great. There will be a lot of others attending.
    Tim McCarver: Baseball Quotes
    I remember one time going out to the mound to talk with Bob Gibson. He told me to get back behind the batter, that the only thing I knew about pitching was that it was hard to hit.

Quote Originally Posted by paulrichjr View Post
    At the last one Griffey wasn't supposed to be coming but showed up. I got to stand with him for 20-30 minutes or so and talk. It was great. There will be a lot of others attending.
    True, it's nearly a month away... and who knows some might get traded before that...
    2024 Reds record attending: 1-0
    2024 Dragons record attending: 0-0
    2024 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

OK..I'll be the first to ask the question....where are Ken Griffey Jr, Adam Dunn, Edwin Encarnacion, Aaron Harang, Homer Bailey, Jay Bruce, and Joey Votto?

Jr., Dunn and Encarnacion shouldn't be coming to RedsFest anyway. Jr. should be home rehabbing. Dunn and Encarnacion should be working on their defense. Sure, some fans would be disappointed they didn't show but if these players can work on their deficiencies and play better, won't the fans be happier?

I have it on good authority that Narron doesn't want Bailey, Bruce and Votto to come to RedsFest cause he thinks they are too young to be signing autographs and getting pictures taken.

Quote Originally Posted by Caseyfan21 View Post
    That's not a bad excuse at all. Congrats on the wedding.

Thanks Casey, I feel pretty lucky! She is also becoming a Reds fan, one turned to the good guys side!

C-Bus (Columbus OH for non-Jim Rome fans)

Redsfest is always a blast....Me and my wife are coming down from C-Bus for both days...I cant wait...Redsfest always make me remember thats its only about two months till the winter caravan and only about three months till spring training....

OK..I'll be the first to ask the question....where are Ken Griffey Jr, Adam Dunn, Edwin Encarnacion, Aaron Harang, Homer Bailey, Jay Bruce, and Joey Votto?
    The list of players will be expanded as everything for each player is finalized (travel, offseason committments, etc)... it's always like this. Several players have already been added to the original list.

For what it's worth, Adam Dunn has not missed one yet and Jr's presence isn't usually advertised.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

I really want someone to pursue why the participation list of players is so anemic.
    Because they don't have to attend. It's that simple.

To me, it says a lot about the guys who have already committed to attend. If I remember correctly from the Redsfest page, David Ross and Arroyo were the first. Kudos to them.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamBoone View Post
    For what it's worth, Adam Dunn has not missed one yet and Jr's presence isn't usually advertised.
    But that was when Adam Dunn was still beloved by the fans and not seen as a fat, lazy, unmotivated, and overpaid .225 hitter with a sub-.500 SLG %. I think that if Dunn volunteered to participate in a fans Q&A he might walk off the stage crying.

Ok a little over a week to go for RedsFest 2006 and the list of former greats looks a lot better than the current players. I must admit that when I found out Mario Soto and Eric Davis was going to be there I got a little pumped. My son said, "Who is Mario Soto?" Looking at the list it is really sad how bad this team really is.

Reds Players & Coaching Staff
    Bronson Arroyo
    Mark Berry
    Juan Castro
    Todd Coffey
    Bubba Crosby
    Brandon Claussen
    Chris Denorfia
    Ryan Freel
    Brendan Harris (Friday Only)
    Tom Hume
    Brook Jacoby
    Gary Majewski
    Kent Mercker
    Jerry Narron
    Brandon Phillips
    Dick Pole
    David Ross
    Brian Shackelford
    Mike Stefanski
    Javier Valentin

Do I get juiced by Tom Hume or Brandon Phillips? How about Chris Denorfia or Brook Jacoby? The last time I went Larkin, Wily Mo, Austin Kearns, Dunn, Griffey were all there and it was exciting to see them....This is not good.

Reds Alumni
    Todd Benzinger
    Tom Browning (Saturday only)
    Leo Cardenas
    David Concepcion
    Eric Davis
    Rob Dibble
    George Foster
    Tommy Helms
    Lee May
    Joe Nuxhall
    Jim O'Toole
    Ted Power
    Mario Soto

The "Power of Tradition" sounds good again because it appears that it is all that we have...
    Tim McCarver: Baseball Quotes
    I remember one time going out to the mound to talk with Bob Gibson. He told me to get back behind the batter, that the only thing I knew about pitching was that it was hard to hit.

Are the Reds selling there game used stuff here, like jerseys, cracked bats, helmets ect.???...I still haven't seen any mention of it on the website

I havent seen this list of minor leaguers who will be there added to anywhere....i got it off reds.com

Reds Minor Leaguers
    Jay Bruce
    Chris Dickerson
    Phil Dumatrait
    Paul Janish
    Tyler Pelland
    Chris Valaika
    Brandon Watson

I have another question about autographs. If i want to get autographs what should i bring? Anything? Or will the players just sign 8X10's that they have there?

REDSBROWNSBUCKEYES

But that was when Adam Dunn was still beloved by the fans and not seen as a fat, lazy, unmotivated, and overpaid .225 hitter with a sub-.500 SLG %. I think that if Dunn volunteered to participate in a fans Q&A he might walk off the stage crying.
    Then we have no complaint if he decided not to attend then right?

Quote Originally Posted by Shaknb8k View Post
    I havent seen this list of minor leaguers who will be there added to anywhere....i got it off reds.com

Reds Minor Leaguers
    Jay Bruce
    Chris Dickerson
    Phil Dumatrait
    Paul Janish
    Tyler Pelland
    Chris Valaika
    Brandon Watson

I have another question about autographs. If i want to get autographs what should i bring? Anything? Or will the players just sign 8X10's that they have there?
    The players will sign anything you bring!

BTW, does anyone think Dunn will make an appearance?

Quote Originally Posted by Shaknb8k View Post

Reds Minor Leaguers
    Jay Bruce
    Chris Dickerson
    Phil Dumatrait
    Paul Janish
    Tyler Pelland
    Chris Valaika
    Brandon Watson

At Redsfest a few years ago I decided to get Ryan Wagner's autograph on something as a Christmas present for my brother. Since I couldn't find any 8x10 pictures of Wagner, I narrow my options to either a plastic license plate or a small Reds flag. Stupidly I chose the flag, not considering how hard it is to sign fabric. I felt awful as I watched him struggling to sign that darn thing. I felt even more awful as he apologized that the signature didn't turn out too well. So the moral of the story, think before you choose an item for a player to sign.

Turn Off Ads?