Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Re: travis wood slinging bagels

No. I don't think he is ready and I don't think it is smart to push someone that small that hard.

Half high A half AA

Half AA, Half MLB.

kidding

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Selig, you had me scared for a second there. Trickster.

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    AA next year?
    Let him spend a whole year in the FSL, where he should be able to dominate given the league and his abilities. Then you can put him in AA to start 2008 and then you can start talking about moving him up faster. I'm a big proponent of spending full seasons at the High A and Low A levels. Once you make it through there unscathed, then you can talk about speeding things up.

Lover of Trivialities Doc. Scott's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johngalt View Post
    Let him spend a whole year in the FSL, where he should be able to dominate given the league and his abilities. Then you can put him in AA to start 2008 and then you can start talking about moving him up faster. I'm a big proponent of spending full seasons at the High A and Low A levels. Once you make it through there unscathed, then you can talk about speeding things up.
    The Reds should be giving all of their best pitching prospects a full season at Sarasota. The pitching-heavy FSL helps confidence and improves stat lines; the former's good for development and the latter's good for when you're looking to deal minor-league talent to help you up top. Because that's the second primary purpose of a strong minor-league system and all.

SERP deep cover ops WebScorpion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rah-ri View Post
    one run in three games.......yep....wood's good! I have images in my head of Wood and Arroyo standin side by side in a Reds Team photo. Just would love to know what year will printed on that pic!
    I get that same image, only I see Arroyo, Bailey, Wood, Cueto, and a fifth guy whose face is sorta fuzzy...maybe Josh Ravin or Sean Watson...anyway, they're all posing with a baseball in each of their pitching hands (two-seamer grip) on the cover of SI and it says, "The New Red Machine". I know it's a dream, but it looks sooo real...

"This field, this game, is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and what could be again." -- Terence Mann

Quote Originally Posted by WebScorpion View Post
    I get that same image, only I see Arroyo, Bailey, Wood, Cueto, and a fifth guy whose face is sorta fuzzy...maybe Josh Ravin or Sean Watson...anyway, they're all posing with a baseball in each of their pitching hands (two-seamer grip) on the cover of SI and it says, "The New Red Machine". I know it's a dream, but it looks sooo real...

Lets stay away from SI Nicknames...

Dubbed “Generation K”, the tandem of Jason Isringhausen, Paul Wilson and Bill Pulsipher were suppose to make Mets fans recall the days of Seaver, Koosman and Ryan

Turn Off Ads?