Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Belisle Out, Brendan Harris In; Shack, Majewski, Standridge on the way

Belisle Out, Brendan Harris In; Shack, Majewski, Standridge on the way

per Lance's blog:

The Reds today optioned to Class A Sarasota RHP Matt Belisle and recalled from Louisville IF Brendan Harris.
    On 7/13 Harris was acquired from the Nationals in the 8-player deal and was optioned to Louisville (43g, .324, 5hr, 28rbi, 2sb)...he hit .250 in 17g for Wsh....he will wear number 57.
    Belisle went 2-0, 4.76 in 25 relief apps with the Reds
    Last edited by timmario66; 08-31-2006 at 03:25 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Belisle Out, Brendan Harris In

Looks like another roster juggling move to give leeway should we make the playoffs. Sarasota is the clue to that. Belisle will be "back" tomorrow.

I think the minor league seasons don't end til Sunday meaning Belisle would rejoin the Reds on Monday. Not a big deal but it is interesting to note that someone has acknowledged a woefully inadequate bench.
    What are you, people? On dope? - Mr Hand

i don't want belisle back...he sux...we can guarantee that he's going to give up at least one run
    Reds record while I was in attendance in 2006: 7-2
    Reds record while I was in attendance in 2007: 2-0
    Reds record while I'm in attendance in 2008: 0-1
    "I wish the stadium was filled up every night." - Bronson Arroyo, Cincinnati Enquirer - February 9, 2007

Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo Cabesa View Post
    I think the minor league seasons don't end til Sunday meaning Belisle would rejoin the Reds on Monday. Not a big deal but it is interesting to note that someone has acknowledged a woefully inadequate bench.
    I agree. I think the three catchers has really come back and bitten us the last several weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by BoCcc2832 View Post
    i don't want belisle back...he sux...we can guarantee that he's going to give up at least one run
    Ill take a healthy Belisle over Franklin, but we have no clue if Belisle is healthy again or if hes still having back problems.

Also Standridge, Shackelford, and Majewski are on their way to San Diego for the roster expansion.

Re: Belisle Out, Brendan Harris In; Shack, Majewski, Standridge on the way

Really smart move. You would have had like 15 pitchers to choose from for the playoff roster. This allows you to choose from some extra bench guys too. And it also doesn't hurt you tomorrow with all the guys coming up.

Belisle was supposedly upset for awhile because he was ready to go for a month or so before they activated him, so I don't think he's still hurt...I think he's just a crappy pitcher...rule of thumb - if the Braves don't want a pitcher, you shouldn't want him either.

Quote Originally Posted by Red in Atl View Post
    Belisle was supposedly upset for awhile because he was ready to go for a month or so before they activated him, so I don't think he's still hurt...I think he's just a crappy pitcher...rule of thumb - if the Braves don't want a pitcher, you shouldn't want him either.
    The Reds picked up alot of pitchers this year that other teams didnt want.

Turn Off Ads?