Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cueto tonight

Re: Cueto tonight

Quote Originally Posted by Aronchis View Post
    Anyone still concerned about his size? The key is his athleticism. Small pitchers that have it can have extended success(Oswalt,Hudson for example) starting, while small pitchers that don't, usually go to the bullpen.

Well, the Reds have 2 2's in the system now with Bailey and Cueto, Wood will probably be a 3. I don't mind if the Reds don't get a true ace, as long as they have solid depth throughout the rotation.
    Is Phil Hughes a #2?
    "I hate to advocate chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone... But they've always worked for me."

-Hunter S. Thompson

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Cedric View Post
    Late movement.

With Homer's smooth delivery and the way he can locate it's not much of a problem. The baseball pops out of his hand and he hides the ball great, somewhat like Harang.
    Again, I think this is a common misconception with Homer. Everything I've ever read about Homers fastball states it has "late" movement, with late sink - which is why he shouldn't be prone to giving up the HR ball too much. And I think 7 HR in 138.2 innings shows that he's been pretty solid at keeping the ball in the park this year.
    "I hate to advocate chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone... But they've always worked for me."

-Hunter S. Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by cincyinco View Post
    Again, I think this is a common misconception with Homer. Everything I've ever read about Homers fastball states it has "late" movement, with late sink - which is why he shouldn't be prone to giving up the HR ball too much. And I think 7 HR in 138.2 innings shows that he's been pretty solid at keeping the ball in the park this year.
    I haven't heard this much, and I haven't seen the late movement either. To me when I've seen him from behind the plate, it is a flat FB. But I saw him early with Dayton, so maybe he has changed since then. The last time I saw him was in the futures game and he had very little movement on his 4-s FB there.

Quote Originally Posted by AvesIce51 View Post
    I haven't heard this much, and I haven't seen the late movement either. To me when I've seen him from behind the plate, it is a flat FB. But I saw him early with Dayton, so maybe he has changed since then. The last time I saw him was in the futures game and he had very little movement on his 4-s FB there.
    last video i saw of homer's fastball, really seemed to explode from his hand... with some late zip.. wasn't able to detect the movement from the angle of the video, but the fastball impressed me very much.

I wouldn't put too much stock in his futures appearance scouting wise... there is a reason he threw all fastballs...

-Hunter S. Thompson

Turn Off Ads?