Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Talk Radio People?

Re: Favorite Talk Radio People?

i like limbaugh,laura ingraham,hannity,cunningham especially when seg is on with him(thank you for your love and thank you for your lust)..i'm as conservative as they come but michael savage drives me nuts--agree with a lot of what he says but his schtick apparently is to be as hateful on the air as he can be and that gets old quick

2. Turn Off Ads?

I listen to Randi Rhodes, Sam Sedar, Ed Schultz, Bernie Ward, Ray Talefero, Thom Hartman, and Keith Olberman on the XM Radio. Note: MSNBC will be taken off XM soon, if not already. Goodbye KO.

Also, I tune into CSPAN Washington Journal on XM and O and A sometimes.

Of course, I don't have the time to listen all the time. It's mostly when I'm in the car.

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner View Post
    Olbermann is wonderful no matter the venue.

Beck is unbearable. I can see the talent, but if he only picked on his friends who make mistakes with the same wit and venom that he uses against the people he doesn't like, I might like him.
    I think he does. I have heard him rip into his "friends". He seems to give his unabashed opinion on everything, you may not agree with his opinion but if he thinks one of his "friends" does something stupid he'll let them know.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Mark Packer here in Charlotte is pretty good. His "Primetime with the Packman" show is quite entertaining at times. He is the son of CBS basketball analyst Billy Packer.

Clark Howard.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

have heard him rip into his "friends". He seems to give his unabashed opinion on everything, you may not agree with his opinion but if he thinks one of his "friends" does something stupid he'll let them know.
    I'm not saying he doesn't let his friends know when he disagrees with them. I'm saying he doesn't do it in the same manner. He doesn't write songs and commercial parodies about people who think his way, unless they are so obviously out of whack that it's safe to do it.

He may have changed. He used to do his show here in Tampa, and a fellow employee had him on the radio for hours on end, so I have listened to him quite a bit. It was one of the greatest moments of my life when the boss told him he didn't care what he listened to except for that show.

If Beck now attacks both sides equally, I'd be surprised, but I'll have
    to take your word for it because I'm never listening to him again. I have a personal boycott of CNN due to him and Nancy Grace, so I never see him, and I avoid the radio station he is on here as well. When WFLA started playing Mark "I'm so grumpy it's uncomfortable" Levin, they officially went to 24 hours of a solid one way street.

I have a problem with people- like Beck- who use their past failures as a way to shove their newfound goodness down everybody's throats. If he went down a dark path and came out of it, then let everybody else have the same shot.

Glenn Beck didn't come out of his struggle with alcoholism and drugs by listening to an AM radio program- so spare us the sermon, Glenn.

His show is an exercise an egotism masked as humility.
    Last edited by Dom Heffner; 09-02-2006 at 09:57 AM.

I don't listen to Glenn Beck but he would have to go quite aways to have less humility than Keith Olbermann.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

Don Imus. The show was better 10 years ago but I'm hooked.

I love Colin Cowherd. He is an amazing guy. My wife and I drove from here in Maine to Florida back in in January and I told her right from the start, if there is one sports talk radio show you will be able to tolerate it, it is Cowherd. She was skeptical. No other radio show had ever peaked her interest, why would his? The result? She laughed the entire show. I forget what he was even talking about now but it was laugh out loud funny while making TONS of sense. That is him in a nutshell. He makes so much sense, it is funny. The other day he was talking about how he only has 17 years of good football viewing left. He said after that he will be senile and drooling. He went on and on about it, explaining it every which way, as he usually does and as usual it was quite entertaining. Herd is the man at ESPN radio.

I've been listening to WLW a lot this summer on XM but I haven't gotten a good read on the host. Furman's show is a little odd but I do like having the luxury of being able to listen to a Reds related show. directv and xm have been great for a lifelong Maine resident Red fan. Being a boxscore fan, sucks.

Glenn Beck. His show on Headline News is just as good if not better than the radio show.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Tony Kornheiser and Steve Zabin (Sports)

Mike McConnell (Topics of the Day)

Dave Ramsey (Money Matters)

Howard Stern (Entertainment)

Quote Originally Posted by Blimpie View Post
    That's a man with his ducks in a row - I took his financial class. Enjoyed it.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Quote Originally Posted by Blimpie View Post
    Tony Kornheiser and Steve Zabin (Sports)

Mike McConnell (Topics of the Day)

Howard Stern (Entertainment)
    I like him a lot. I started listening to him when I got married.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Manliness Personified HumnHilghtFreel's Avatar

What about TC and Griffey Sr.???!? lol

Opy and Anthony.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

On a somewhat related note, somebody at work had the radio on Neal Boortz today. The basic premise of the discussion, what would make somebody decide they wanted to become a proctologist?

Needless to say, I got up and changed the station.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Turn Off Ads?