Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Favorite Talk Radio People?

Re: Favorite Talk Radio People?

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    On a somewhat related note, somebody at work had the radio on Neal Boortz today. The basic premise of the discussion, what would make somebody decide they wanted to become a proctologist?

Needless to say, I got up and changed the station.
    I like Boortz (haven't listened for a long time though) for some of his Libertarian views.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by RBA View Post
    I listen to Randi Rhodes, Sam Sedar, Ed Schultz, Bernie Ward, Ray Talefero, Thom Hartman, and Keith Olberman on the XM Radio. Note: MSNBC will be taken off XM soon, if not already. Goodbye KO.

Also, I tune into CSPAN Washington Journal on XM and O and A sometimes.

Of course, I don't have the time to listen all the time. It's mostly when I'm in the car.
    Wow, I didn't know you could listen to Bernie Ward and Ray Talefero outside of the Bay Area. KGO, Disney's San Francisco corporate mouthpiece, has moved these two into the 10pm to 1am and 1am to 5 am slots. Believe it or not, the only two liberals in the most liberal part of the country are relegated to graveyard shifts. Bernie's awesome, he really gets it.

Thom Hartman and Mike Malloy were two of my favorites on AAR. Malloy's been fired for criticizing Israel, of course. AAR is mostly a disappointment, Al Franken's just an insider-cozy mainstream Democrat, kinda the equivalent of Rush. That kind of radio is boring. For sheer entertainment I'd rather listen to the BernieWard/MikeMalloy/MichaelSavage types.

Hartman's the exception. Not a bellower but a real intellectual. Do yourself a favor and seek him out.

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo View Post
    Wow, I didn't know you could listen to Bernie Ward and Ray Talefero outside of the Bay Area. KGO, Disney's San Francisco corporate mouthpiece, has moved these two into the 10pm to 1am and 1am to 5 am slots. Believe it or not, the only two liberals in the most liberal part of the country are relegated to graveyard shifts. Bernie's awesome, he really gets it.
    KGO signals BOOMS out at night, much like WLW does in the midwest. It can be heard in Vancover, San Diego, Las Vegas, and Phoenix at night. I use to listen to them in California. I really don't have the time to listen to them at night, but they are available via web stream and they do have archives of their shows on the KGO website.

I also find some of the other hosts on KGO entertaining, they are liberatarians and conservatives on that station.

Also, Karel is a good listen to some of the times.

Quote Originally Posted by RBA View Post
    KGO signals BOOMS out at night, much like WLW does in the midwest. It can be heard in Vancover, San Diego, Las Vegas, and Phoenix at night. I use to listen to them in California. I really don't have the time to listen to them at night, but they are available via web stream and they do have archives of their shows on the KGO website.

I also find some of the other hosts on KGO entertaining, they are liberatarians and conservatives on that station.

Also, Karel is a good listen to some of the times.

Ahhh. For a brief shining moment, I had hoped that both were syndicated. Our power elite, unlike say the old Kremlin, at least tolerate a few dribs and drabs of dissent. I'm grateful.

Opie and Anthony (XM Radio)

Dave Ramsey (MONEY)

Tracy Jones (We know who he is)
    www.tracyjonesonline.com

The John and Jeff Show
    (Variety talk cancelled off XM )
    http://www.johnjeff.com/

Clark Howard (Saving Money)

Seg Dennision (I like him when he fills in for Furman)

Ron & Fez (XM Radio)

Charlie Steiner (Baseball Beat XM Radio)

My wife likes:

Howard Stern

Dr. Laura

The John and Jeff Show

Dave Ramsey (She doesn't admit it though. )
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

I've been listening to Dave Ramsey for years on 99.7 WWTN in Nashville and worked for a radio station that carried him after he went syndicated.

He's a very smart fellow. He's the reason I refuse to have a credit card, among other things.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by goreds2 View Post
    Ron & Fez (XM Radio)
    I remember the old days when that was simply the "Ron & Ron Show" based out of Tampa on WYNF. At that time, Fez Whatley was merely a bit player to go along with Ron Diaz and Ron Bennington.

Ron Diaz left the show once his wife Debbie died following complications from contracting the AIDS virus. After that, there was no show of any sort until the recent reincarnation with Ron & Fez. I have listened online to some of the Ron & Fez shows over the last few years.

IMO nothing will compare to the live gigs and morning shows that they pulled off under the Ron & Ron flag...

Quote Originally Posted by Blimpie View Post
    I remember the old days when that was simply the "Ron & Ron Show" based out of Tampa on WYNF. At that time, Fez Whatley was merely a bit player to go along with Ron Diaz and Ron Bennington.

Ron Diaz left the show once his wife Debbie died following complications from contracting the AIDS virus. After that, there was no show of any sort until the recent reincarnation with Ron & Fez. I have listened online to some of the Ron & Fez shows over the last few years.

IMO nothing will compare to the live gigs and morning shows that they pulled off under the Ron & Ron flag...
    Interesting, thanks for sharing. I have only listened to them since they came to XM.
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

Supreme Jar Opener

Scott Sloan on 700 is always good for a laugh or too. Him and Bill Boshears...

Turn Off Ads?