RB: Larry Johnson
    RB Frank Gore
    WR Tory Holt
    WR Larry Fitzgerald
    WR Houshmandzadeh
    TE Winslow
    K Feeley
    Defense Cincy & Philly

I also have Bledsoe, Brandon Lloyd, Chris Brown, Gado, and Michael Turner (in case one of the big guys goes down).

I'm weak at the second RB slot, but it all that was left was Thomas Jones and Gore, so I took the guy with no challengers or injury problems.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: My Fantasy Football Draft Tonight

Wonderful WRs, 1 stud RB, 1 rising RB, 1 starting RB on your bench, good kicker and Ds. TE is weak. Your season will probably come down to how Manning preforms. If he takes a step forward in his 3rd year you will do well this season.

I like your draft. Since you have to start 3 WRs, you might want to pick up a 5th WR. I'm not real familar w/ the depth charts, but will Gado & Turner play much this year? Green is back in GB and LT is firmly entrenched in SD.

Green is probably the bigger injury risk, so I'd think about dropping Turner in favor of another WR. However if everyone on your team stays healthy, you've got a shot at the championship.

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Thanks for the comments- all good advice.

I picked up Gado and Turner just to be shrewd, not to start.

If LT or Green go down, I need another second back.

I took Holt and Fitzgerald at the 2nd and 3rd round snake because there just weren't any good backs I wanted to take that high. Would I rather have Holt and Fitzgerald or Kevin Jones and Fitzgerald or Holt?

I make my living on the waiver wire, so I chose the higher wideouts.

I also chose Gore over Thomas Jones, which caused a major debate.

Everyone was saying that Jones was the better player- and I agree- but he also is fighting Benson, and I'd rather have a guy who clearly has the job than a question mark every week.

dont know how your points work, but you've got a very solid receiving corps.... may want to package 2 wr's for a stud rb

Personally I think Gore will be much more productive than Thomas this year. Gore ripped things up towards the end of last season, and as you say has no competition. The biggest concern w/ him is how often SF will be behind in games and therefor will be forced to throw the ball.

Time will tell, but I think it was the right call. I understand why you picked up Gado & Turner, I just think it would be better to have another WR on the bench in case of an injury there.

Of course it depends on who is available. You're top 3 are solid, and should start every week unless someone currently on the waiver wire blows up. In my experience by week 3, there are generally very few WR on the waiver wire that ever contribute significantly down the stretch. While on the other hand, there seems to often be a RB or 2 that take over for an injuried starter and can help out in a pinch, ie mawelde moore & Gado the past 2 seasons.

Turn Off Ads?