Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It's a new month...

It's a new month...

do you still believe?

The Reds have some catching up to do, I still believe they can do it! Stay with this team, don't jump ship.
    ...And this one belongs to the Reds!!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: It's a new month...

This weekend will tell us if they stay in the wild card hunt. Win two of three or sweep and they are fine. Anything less and you can stick a fork in them. I'll be sticking with them no matter what,though.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

This team is so unpredictable. Anything they do would not surprise me. I will stay along for the ride.........it won't be dull!
    Let's play two!!!

I'm most certainly still on board.

But that being said, I'm not feeling too good about things.
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

Worth The Wait

I've never really "believed" in this team. I've thought all along that 82-84 wins was our ULTIMATE ceiling no matter what. Now, if that many wins earns you a playoff spot, then great. But this is an average team in a below average league and I've never thought differently for one minute this year.

No magic in this team. Never from day one.

I just listen to these calls and hope there's a little magic left in this season:

Dunn walk-off

Ross walk-off

Man Pills

This team does lack a certain something, I agree. And it's not just talent (though that's central of course). I'm not being a smart ass either. I'm not sure what it is.

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

Been a long time since I was interested in the Reds in September, aside from evaluating the propects were acquired in our trade deadline deals.

I'll be here til the bitter end. Not that confident but, as others have said, you never know. This has been one crazy year. After all, we did just pick up THE Jason Johnson. Hope springs eternal.
    Founder and Ruling Elite of the Derrick Robinson Fan Club. Limited amount of memberships available.

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    This team does lack a certain something, I agree. And it's not just talent (though that's central of course). I'm not being a smart ass either. I'm not sure what it is.
    I agree. I've felt that way for the last few years; almost like a lack of intensity (except for Freel). The other night when I turned on the gave v. the Dodgers and the Reds were already down 3-0 early, they panned to the Reds dugout and the players they showed were joking and laughing. I'm not saying that they don't care, but like you I can't exactly figure it out.

I wouldn't say there's no magic in this team.

Comeback after comeback after comeback would suggest otherwise.
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

Worth The Wait

Don't get wrong, this is a WHOLE lot better than the past 7 years. But it also has a lot to do with the NL being so poor and not the Reds being so good. 67-67 teams should NOT be in the thick of the race on September 1st.

But I am glad they are and I'll enjoy the run while it lasts.

However, I'd be lying if I said following this team has been a "blast" this year. IMO, it feels very much like what it is--- a .500 season. In addition to the obvious talent issues, I don't sense any real magic here-- we've had a few nice comeback wins, but almost all have been followed with losing streaks.

If my enjoyment level of the 1999 was a "10" then my enjoyment of this season has probably been a "6"-- which is certainly better than the "2" it has been in recent years.

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    You don't think this team has talent? I do.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Man Pills

Quote Originally Posted by TeamBoone View Post
    It has talent, but obviously not enough. That's my point.

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    This weekend will tell us if they stay in the wild card hunt. Win two of three or sweep and they are fine. Anything less and you can stick a fork in them.
    I'd think that to be true if it weren't for the fact that the rest of the NL, especially those vying for the WC, are just as erratic and bad.

We've got both SF and SD this month at home. After that the schedule is pretty soft vs teams we have the upper hand on (except the Cubs).
    "panic" only comes from having real expectations

Quote Originally Posted by TeamBoone View Post
    Not enough in the pitching dept. That has been our Achille's Heel all year, even with the very slight improvement from last year.

Main objective in the off-season?..... get serious about really improving this staff.
    "panic" only comes from having real expectations

Turn Off Ads?