Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Red Sox's Health Issues.

Manliness Personified HumnHilghtFreel's Avatar

Red Sox's Health Issues.

No matter who you're a fan of, you have to be feeling for the Red Sox lately.

WMP, Manny, David Ortiz's heart problems(which turned out to be nothing) and now I just heard on SportsCenter the scariest of all of them.

Rookie Pitcher Jon Lester has found out that he has Lymphoma, which is a form of cancer. The good news they said, is that it is curable.

I'll get a link when I can find one, but I just now heard on the TV and thought it was pretty bad news for any team and thought I'd share it here.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_yl...v=ap&type=lgns
    Last edited by HumnHilghtFreel; 09-01-2006 at 07:20 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Red Sox's Health Issues.

Quote Originally Posted by dburke1337 View Post
    No matter who you're a fan of, you have to be feeling for the Red Sox lately.

WMP, Manny, David Ortiz's heart problems(which turned out to be nothing) and now I just heard on SportsCenter the scariest of all of them.

Rookie Pitcher Jon Lester has found out that he has Lymphoma, which is a form of cancer. The good news they said, is that it is curable.

I'll get a link when I can find one, but I just now heard on the TV and thought it was pretty bad news for any team and thought I'd share it here.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_yl...v=ap&type=lgns
    I read that too and thought "Man I hate the Red Sox"...but I feel horrible for Lester...that is awful...hopefully he beats it and gets back to baseball and life.
    "Sometimes, it's not the sexiest moves that put you over the top," Krivsky said. "It's a series of transactions that help you get there."

nothing more than a fan Always Red's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MartyFan View Post
    I read that too and thought "Man I hate the Red Sox"...but I feel horrible for Lester...that is awful...hopefully he beats it and gets back to baseball and life.
    Ditto; prayers to Lester, if you're the praying type...

I also am sick to death of the Red Sox, and have actually been more sympathetic to the Evil Empire Yankees than the Sox, of late. Can't believe I just typed that.

Kind of makes one wonder if "The Curse" is back...

And now they say Papelbon is hurt.

In the words of Joe Schmo... "WHAT IS GOING AWWWWWN?"

Seriously though, all the best to Lester. I couldn't imagine.
    "I saw Wedding Crashers accidentally. I bought a ticket for Grizzly Man and went into the wrong theater. After an hour, I figured I was in the wrong theater, but I kept waiting. Thatís the thing about bear attacks. They come when you least expect it."-Dwight K. Schrute

And didn't the Reds announcers say something about a Charlie O'Brien in the Red Sox family and something happening to him? I could be mistaken here, but there in like the 7th or 8th inning I could have sworn Grande said something to that effect.

And my thoughts and prayers go out to Jon Lester and his family....that's gotta be really, really scary.

Turn Off Ads?