Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bengals to the Super Bowl?

For a Level Playing Field

Re: Bengals to the Super Bowl?

Fair enough, Ed! I'll be rooting for them by default... cannot stand: the Cowboys (T.O, enuff said), the NY Giants (I never like NY teams mainly b/c of their fans!) or Philly (see NY teams reason).

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

I defy anyone to argue otherwise based on last year's results, and off-season additions.
    Well, you sort of have that QB situation...

Al Saunders is the Truth. He turned the KC offense from a joke into a juggernaut with far less talent than the Redskins currently have.

If Portis recovers quickly from his shoulder injury, they'll be pretty unstoppable. If not, they'll just be very good.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Quote Originally Posted by smith288 View Post
    So you are saying the Bengals arent all that great too? I find the Bengals to be a premier team in the league pending their run defense has stiffened up enough to eliminate the long runs
    I agree. While KC is a super tough place to play, I actually like getting them in their opener in this case, with all the changes there. LJ may get his 100 yards, but if the defense shows up, there's no reason the Bengals' shouldn't beat that team anywhere. An aging team with a degraded line and a new, lame coaching staff.

The schedule is tough, but, it's tough for all of the AFC Central teams. Regardless, the Bengals' are a notch above the rest of the NFL sans a few teams - they just need to win the games they should and win their division.

This could be the year we've been waiting for since I was in college, and I'm 36 now.

And Palmer's better than Manning or Brady.

The Bengals success will rise and fall on if and how much the D has improved. If they continue to get takeaways and can actually stop someone other than with a turnover, they will be scary good. I also agree that KC in the opener might be great timing, at Arrowhead or not.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

As good as the Bengals look so far, I'm cautiously optimistic about the KC game. KC isn't too shabby and Arrowhead, along with Denver, is one of the toughest places to play on the road.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Those of you thinking that the Chiefs will beat the Bengals need to realize this. Herm Edwards is the new HC in Kansas City. That means there will numerous times throughout the game where Herm will do something stupid to help Cincinnati out. I am a Jets fan so I know first hand of some of the in-game coaching blunders Herm makes. He was a great Monday-Saturday coach but he was one of the worst on Sundays.

For what it's worth, I think the Bengals are gonna be extremely tough this year even if they do have a brutal schedule. If they don't win the SB I think they at least make it there.

Edskin, I'd be absolutely giddy if that Super Bowl matchup came to be.

Seeing as how I've kept the Redskins close to my heart as my favorite NFC team.
    "Baseball players are smarter than football players. How often do you see a baseball team penalized for too many men on the field?" ~ Jim Bouton

Bengals 34 Chiefs 13

Mark it down!

Jason Whitlock's take on our hometown boys this season:

Don't be fooled by Cincinnati's spectacular preseason. There are still significant problems in Bengals land.

Maybe Marvin should set up a court at the Bengals' practice facility, like the Eagles had at the Vet?I hope I'm wrong. I hope the problems in Cincy's cell block -- oops, I mean locker room -- don't undermine the good work Marvin Lewis has done. But I think they will, along with some major holes on Cincy's defense.

In an effort to take the focus off the police blotter, Lewis' Bengals outscored their exhibition opponents by a whopping 77 points and completed the unofficial season 4-0. Big deal.

The Bengals don't have a real playmaker in their front four. Teams will run on Cincinnati. The Bengals' linebacking corps is suspect. I've never been all that impressed with Cincy's corners. But Dexter Jackson and Madieu Williams are a major upgrade at safety. Laurel and Hardy played safety for Cincy last season.

I'm hardheaded. The Bengals have a shot at 6-10.
    LINK
    For every action there is an equal and opposite criticism.

I hope every team in the NFL keeps their press buffets well-stocked b/c I'm still holding out hope that Jason Whitlock will eventually explode.

And YES, I WILL watch that video!! lmao

Separated at birth?

Quote Originally Posted by max venable View Post

LINK
    Lot of substance there. To think someone pays him to write that garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by max venable View Post

LINK
    Whitlock is a card carrying member of the Bengal Hater Club. I've never seen him write much of anything positive about them. I'm not a big fan of his.

Turn Off Ads?