Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OSU game today

Manliness Personified HumnHilghtFreel's Avatar

OSU game today

Anyone else going to it? My sister and I got tickets yesterday through a friend of hers. It's gonna be my first time at an OSU game, so I'm excited! lol

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Lakewood Ranch, FL (by way of Columbus, OH)

Re: OSU game today

I went to a couple of games and there really isnt anything like experiencing a Buckeye home game.

For a Level Playing Field

Quote Originally Posted by smith288 View Post
    I went to a couple of games and there really isnt anything like experiencing a Buckeye home game.
    Yep... and many other college stadiums. I have been to games at Michigan (when Desmond Howard did his Heisman stance in the endzone vs. OSU) and Tennessee too... those atmospheres were amazing too. I am sure there are many other stadiums w/ that electricity thing. I am happy that dburke gets to experience the Ohio Stadium thing for the 1st time. It will be something that you will not forget for a very loooooonnnnnng time.

It may also be the 1st time dburke gets to see the nation's #1 team play in person (pre-season pick or not). That is something that you do not get to see very often. I saw OSU play as #1 back when Joe Germaine was their QB (1997?). I also saw Miami (FL) play at Cincinnati (1985?) in Nippert Stadium when the Canes were #1 and both were independants... Miami had Vinnie Testeverde at QB and Michael Irvin at WR that year. I cannot remember the exact final of the UC-Miami game, but it was like 42-17 Miami. Not as bad as I expected it to be!

Hope you come back, dburke, to give us OSU fans a happy-report!

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Stacey Dales-Shuman doing sideline.

Another plus!

Smells Like Teen Spirit jmcclain19's Avatar

Over-rated

*clap* *clap* *clap* *clap**clap*

Over-rated

I just got back home and it wasn't too bad for my first time.

The defense needs some work, but that's to be expected when you lose so many people to the draft.

Can't complain too much though. Nothin like an opening day win and now I'm back in time to watch the Reds get the W too

Quote Originally Posted by jmcclain19 View Post
    Over-rated

Over-rated

You gonna let me stay at your house when the Buckeyes come calling in January?
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

This is the best shot I could get with my camera phone

Quote Originally Posted by jmcclain19 View Post
    Over-rated

Over-rated

They could have made the score anything they wanted to today. Tressel has always taken the foot off the gas rather than embarrass another team that was clearly overmatched. They went to basic offense and defense packages once the score was 28-0 and made it look very easy in doing so. If you want to cheer that, point the clap towards Berkely not to mention they'll be tested soon enough.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Just got home from the game - not bad for a 1st game against a good MAC team. Great to see scores on the 1st 4 possessions. Smith, O-line, Pittam, Ginn, Gonzo, et al looked pretty sharp.

Only negative was some of the idiot "fans" we had behind us - constantly criticizing every last thing - and they were complete idiots to boot. The fact that people "expect" 63-0 scores and perfection out of college kids (playing other college kids trying just as hard, mind you) just irks me to no end. And I am sure Tressel is working as hard at his job (or maybe about 10x harder) than most of the jokers that always complain about him ever thought about working at their jobs. Sorry about the rant - I am all for 2nd guessing (e.g. Why did they send Freeman again? Why not use Nicol more in the 2nd qtr? etc - just examples) - but to stand there the flippin' game and constantly spout idiotic nonsense about "running up the middle again", calling Tressel "Cooper", and complaining about Pittman, were some of the dumbest people I have ever heard at any game. I keep reminding myself about the other 97% of people that were just there to rrot their team on.....

Go Bucks!!!
    "I'm virtually free to do whatever I want, but I try to remember so is everybody else..." - Todd Snider

Smells Like Teen Spirit jmcclain19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cedric View Post
    You gonna let me stay at your house when the Buckeyes come calling in January?
    Sure. When Auburn and West Virginia play in January at Cardinals Stadium, anyone who has tickets and needs a place to stay is more than welcome at my house :

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    They could have made the score anything they wanted to today. Tressel has always taken the foot off the gas rather than embarrass another team that was clearly overmatched. They went to basic offense and defense packages once the score was 28-0 and made it look very easy in doing so. If you want to cheer that, point the clap towards Berkely not to mention they'll be tested soon enough.
    Exactly. Tressel is not gonna embarass an opposing coach, regardless of who it is. And I think that is simply class on his part.

And they did turn the ball over twice inside NI's 10 yd line (once by a freshman Wells on the fumble).

He was throwing in alot of different people/packages in this first game - especially on defense - in just trying to get a feel for what they got.

But with this offense I don't think Tressel, who is a ball control/field position type of guy, is gonna be as conservative as some think he is.

I do wish he would have let Troy finish that drive at the end of the game though, when they were down on NI's 9 yd line.

I just shook my head at Justin Zwick after his first play.
    Last edited by GAC; 09-03-2006 at 06:59 AM.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Plus...I think you'll find out that NIU is a pretty darn good team. They'll most likely win the MAC this year. OSU cruised in this game. It very easily could have been 55-12...but not with Tressel coaching. Spurrier yes, Mac Brown, yes. Tressel...never.
    For every action there is an equal and opposite criticism.

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    I do wish he would have let Troy finish that drive at the end of the game though, when they were down on NI's 9 yd line.
    My thought exactly. I didn't understand Tressel's thinking taking Troy out right then.

One comment on the Zwick fumble though...did anybody else think that Zwick was already down before the botched hand-off? The announcers didn't pick up on it...and it wasn't reviewed but the replay showed that his knee was down.
    For every action there is an equal and opposite criticism.

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Next week, take Texas, give the points.

My guess on the early line, Texas giving 8 at home.

Turn Off Ads?