Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who's your Reds MVP in '06

Who's your Reds MVP in '06

OK, I know the season still has a month to go but with all the loosing lately I thought I would try to ask a positive. So, if the season ended today who do you think should be annointed the most valuable player in the Reds clubhouse?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Who's your Reds MVP in '07

Adam Dunn. Easily.

nothing more than a fan Always Red's Avatar

Lots of baseball left to be played.

I'll vote at the end of September!
    sorry we're boring

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    Adam Dunn. Easily.
    Yep. Adam Dunn had a bad August, and so did the Reds.

Any questions?

Adam Dunn.

Brandon Phillips.

Some stupid mental errors, but the best mix of speed/stick/defense we have.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

Rich Aurilla and Ryan Freel CO-MVP's.

They did no wrong this year and played every position well.

I think the Reds were a few games over .500 with Ryan starting.
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

I say Aaron Harang.

He's one of the most dependable guys in the league and he eats innings. I don't know where we'd be without him on top of the rotation.

Adam Dunn is certainly at the top of the the list as well.

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    Adam Dunn. Easily.
    Bah! Harang.
    "Don't trust any statistics you did not fake yourself."--Winston Churchill

I've also got to throw my vote in for Harang. On offense I have to say Dunn, although a full season from EE may have made it close.

The title made me think this was to predict next year's MVP.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

It has to be Brandon Phillips, who thought when we signed him we would get this kind of offensive production?

Edit: honorable mention goes to David Ross

As far as pitching goes: Arroyo and Harang are the reason we stuck around as long as we did.
    Last edited by jhiller21; 09-01-2006 at 03:39 AM.

Adam Dunn. Aaron Harang. No other choices really.

Harang tops Dunn, IMO. Not by a whole lot, but if I had to choose only one of them, I'd pick Harang. Dunn is a hitting/OBP machine but his defense is enough of a liability to exclude him from being MVP (note Dunn is still an excellent player, even with that flaw). Also Harang had an outstanding year.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

06 mvp: Harang, but hopefully it is to be determined by someone getting hot asap and carrying us the rest of the way. 07 mvp: Barry Zito. Wishful thinking I just saw a sick stat, that in his career Zito is 84-5 when he gets 4 or more runs of support in a start. With our offense I like those odds.

My vote goes to Harang. He's pitched well and even when he's having an off night he still finds a way to keep us in the game. He's progressed beyond where he was last year (at least that is my perception) and grown in confidence and poise on the mound. Beating Carpenter in that 1-0 game was a demonstration of how much he's developed. He's had a number of purely spectacular performances on the mound this year.

Phillips is worthy of consideration. He's brought good D and a nice bat to the line up when everybody expected him to be crap. He's had some base running blunders and very untimley errors that set him back a bit, IMO.

Honerable mentions: Hatteburg, EE and Ross. Definatley had some memorable contributions. EE I expect to see keep it up. Ross is a question mark since this year is so out of the norm for him. Hatt has been simply amazing at finding a way to get onbase. He's been pretty solid at 1B dealing with the early year throwing circus that was Lopez & EE. His big time slump latley has hurt his consideration for MVP.

Dunn: This is not a knock against Dunn in any way, but I didn't consider him for MVP only because Dunn does what Dunn does (and he does it very well). I guess he's a victem of his own success in my eyes. Since he's looks to be doing what he's done for the past 2 seasons, he's got to do something special to be MVP, IMO. Of course, for what he provides the team in offense he's going to have to do something pretty amazing to top it so maybe I'm not being reasonable. The defensive issues hurt his cause also.
    Last edited by Ltlabner; 09-01-2006 at 08:19 AM.

Turn Off Ads?