Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What Good Has Cormier Done

What Good Has Cormier Done

He might be a mole planted by the Phillies

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: What Good Has Cormier Done

He kept the Reds from having to play extras.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Added a few French Canadians to the list of Reds fans ... oh, you said good.

Then again, I told you so.

he only gave up one run, instead of two

Say what you will, but if you look at the inital trade announcement thread, the majority said it was a fine move.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Say what you will, but if you look at the inital trade announcement thread, the majority said it was a fine move.
    doesn't make it a good trade. I was one who was pretty sure Cormier was not going to make the team better.

I would've rather hung on to Germano. Felt that way when the trade happened and still do.

If nothing else, Germano would've been a better option in the pen.

"Spicy Habanero"

Looked good on paper, but hes been nothing but stinky! Although tonight was more of an implosion on the defense then so much Cormier..
    "I think everybody here is definitely excited about (Eddie) Guardado. It wasn't a save situation, but when you've lost a couple like we have, it felt like a save situation." -- Reds manager Jerry Narron on using his newly acquired closer Eddie Guardado.

Quote Originally Posted by fearofpopvol1 View Post
    I would've rather hung on to Germano. Felt that way when the trade happened and still do.

If nothing else, Germano would've been a better option in the pen.
    Or in the rotation at this point.

He's using up Homer's spot. He needs DFA. I really have little to no use for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Jefferson24 View Post
    He's using up Homer's spot. He needs DFA. I really have little to no use for him.
    Not going to happen with him under contract for next year too.

DFA are you serious? Still a great trade by the reds stop looking so short term there is a month left...

For a Level Playing Field

Perhaps Rheal Cormier can hit? That seems to be a much BIGGER PROBLEM with this team than Rheal being charged with 1 earned run in a game.

Just want to be sure that Rheal does not get as much heat as the thing called Offense! 1-0 wins are a very rare thing in MLB unless we are talking the 1960's and a starter named Bob Gibson. It did happen on Apr. 14 of this year when they beat the Cards 1-0. It has happened only 3 times in the last 4 seasons (623 games)...

(1) Sept. 14, 2003 @ Cubs.
    (2) Aug. 26, 2004 vs. Cards
    (3) Apr. 14, 2006 @ Cards

So how many innings would it have taken for that powerful REDS Offense to score a 2nd run yesterday? Wells, 43-years-old, throws 6 innings of 5-hit/1-run ball. The bullpen shuts 'em out the next 3 innings. The REDS Offense scored 1-run in a game 4X on the 10-game roadtrip. Got shutout in another game.

Ah... I don't blame a reliever who gets charged with 1 run in a game. It happens. I do blame an anemic offense who scores 1-run or less in 50% of their last 10 games.
    Last edited by RedFanAlways1966; 09-04-2006 at 05:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RedFanAlways1966 View Post
    Perhaps Rheal Cormier can hit? That seems to be a much BIGGER PROBLEM with this team than Rheal being charged with 1 earned run in a game.

Just want to be sure that Rheal does not get as much heat as the thing called Offense! 1-0 wins are a very rare thing in MLB unless we are talking the 1960's and a starter named Bob Gibson. It did happen on Apr. 14 of this year when they beat the Cards 1-0. It has happened only 3 times in the last 4 seasons (623 games)...

(1) Sept. 14, 2003 @ Cubs.
    (2) Aug. 26, 2004 vs. Cards
    (3) Apr. 14, 2006 @ Cards

So how many innings would it have taken for that powerful REDS Offense to score a 2nd run yesterday? Wells, 43-years-old, throws 6 innings of 5-hit/1-run ball. The bullpen shuts 'em out the next 3 innings. The REDS Offense scored 1-run in a game 3X on the 10-game roadtrip. Get shutout in another game.

Ah... I don't blame a reliever who gets charged with 1 run in a game. It happens. I do blame an anemic offense who scores 1-run or less in 40% of their last 10 games.
    I definitely agree with a lot of what you're saying and that surely contributes to the cause, but I think the frustration with Cormier is that nearly every time he pitches, he gives up a run. He fails to get out of innings without making things very very difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by fearofpopvol1 View Post
    but I think the frustration with Cormier is that nearly every time he pitches, he gives up a run. He fails to get out of innings without making things very very difficult.
    since coming to cincy, he's pitched 11.2 innings, but given up 18 hits and walked 4...ugly, very ugly

Turn Off Ads?