Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: Has 87 with 25 games to go...

Voters
118. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

81 68.64%
  • No

37 31.36%
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Will Dunn get 100 RBIs?

Will Dunn get 100 RBIs?

He has 87 with 25 games to go...
    "Don't trust any statistics you did not fake yourself."--Winston Churchill

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Will Dunn get 100 RBIs?

Yep, probably not by much though.

I dunno, the #2 slot wont help his cause if he stays there...
    "Don't trust any statistics you did not fake yourself."--Winston Churchill

I think he will. I'd say he's got another hot streak in him where he hits a bunch of home runs. To be honest I think he'll finish with 50 bombs and around 110 RBI.

I think that he will get 100 RBI, score 100 runs, and hit 40 plus HR.

Then when I look at his production numbers and compare them to his individual teammates and see that none of them are even close to Dunn in those categories, they begin to look like offensive slackers to me and his untimely strikeouts diminish in consequence to me.

Dunn should get 100 RBIs regardless of where he hits, but his RBI rate is actually better in the #2 slot than lower in the lineup because he gets pitched around less when he bats higher. If anything, hitting #2 should make his push for 100 RBIs easier.
    Baseball isn't a magic trick ... it doesn't get spoiled if you figure out how it works. - gonelong

I'm witchcrafting everybody.

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Dunn should get 100 RBIs regardless of where he hits...
    No kidding! That's my big hangup with Dunn. He's not an RBI guy. And he doesn't hit for average...doesn't hit in the clutch...can't field worth a lick...

Other than those few things...I like the guy.
    For every action there is an equal and opposite criticism.

Quote Originally Posted by max venable View Post
    No kidding! That's my big hangup with Dunn. He's not an RBI guy. And he doesn't hit for average...doesn't hit in the clutch...can't field worth a lick...

Other than those few things...I like the guy.
    Boy did you misread what I wrote.
    Baseball isn't a magic trick ... it doesn't get spoiled if you figure out how it works. - gonelong

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Boy did you misread what I wrote.
    Welcome back to the Deadzone

He'll get a 100 if he hits 13 solo HR's.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Welcome back to the Deadzone
    Yeah, a month away and I forgot the team's top RBI man for three years running (and likely the first Reds player to top 100 RBIs three years in a row in 20 years) can't drive in runs. I also forgot that the guy who posts the best across-the-board numbers of all Reds players in various "clutch" situations somehow can't hit in the clutch. It's amazing how these things can slip your mind.

I'm guessing the recent swoon is all Dunn's fault as well, correct?
    Last edited by M2; 09-05-2006 at 12:58 PM.

I'm guessing the recent swoon is all Dunn's fault as well, correct?
    Not on my strat team.... but here yeah he's been getting his kicks.

Somewhere there is this magic baseball league where everyone has great days every game and streaks are only of the winning kind, where chances are only taken if the chance produces 1939 Yankee like results and nobody ever gets hurt or tired. A place where time is not a factor in judging young players and the only goal every season is to go 162-0, once that's not attainable everyone is trashed.

Adam now hits second in the order. In other words, he's the Reds equivalent of Omar Vizquel. A table setter.

As such, Dunn probably won't get 100 RBIs. The Reds probably don't care as long as he draws some walks. That seems to be his main job.

Can you imagine if other teams' main power hitter batted second? Ryan Howard? Pujois? Bonds? Manny Ramirez? Beltran? The Jones' in Atlanta? Inconceivable at this point in their careers.

I guess the Nats have Soriano hitting leadoff. But he has speed. And they have Zimmerman. Reds can't say that they have other power guys who are holding down the middle order spots, except for Griffey who certainly is no longer a big power/RBI guy.

I would put Dunn at cleanup for a full season, and if he fails, I would probably trade him and try to find other middle-of-the-order hitters. The walks? Bonds walks more than Dunn and nobody is turning him into a table setter.

So no, I don't think Dunn will knock in 100 runs. Through some combination of his own performance and the team's decision, RBIs don't appear to be his job.
    Last edited by Kc61; 09-05-2006 at 12:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    Adam now hits second in the order. In other words, he's the Reds equivalent of Omar Vizquel. A table setter.
    Yep, he's indistinguishable from Vizquel. There's no two more similar men on the planet. The key of course is that both take advantage of their bunting prowess.

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61
    As such, Dunn probably won't get 100 RBIs. The Reds probably don't care as long as he draws some walks. That seems to be his main job.
    Yep he never does anything but walk, though it's really weird how his RBI rate is really good in the #2 hole. I'd almost think there was something to that except that we have comfortable truisms like he never hits, he can't drive in runs and you can't get RBIs from the #2 slot stating otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61
    Can you imagine if other teams' main power hitter batted second?
    Like Alex Rodriguez and Carlos Beltran at various times and Ryne Sandberg?

Can I change my vote. I don't think he gets it. Pretty sad what his numbers are with that many HRs. sorry, I don't want to go there. Little frustrated with this team right now.
    And This One Belongs to the REDS!!!

Turn Off Ads?