Turn Off Ads?
Page 25 of 29 FirstFirst ... 15212223242526272829 LastLast

Thread: 09.04.06 Labor Day Game Thread: Giants @ Reds

Lover of Trivialities Doc. Scott's Avatar

Re: 09.04.06 Labor Day Game Thread: Giants @ Reds

Ross quickly gets himself in an 0-2 hole, then two pitches later strikes out looking.

Ball game. This one was pretty damn depressing.

2. Turn Off Ads?

What a pitiful ending to a game - guys standing up there with the bats on their shoulders - and then being upset at ump's calls...... be upset with yourselves.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

It's all coming into focus.

This team really isn't very good.

Pretty. Go do something Labor Day-ish everybody.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Sad to say, but this team has reached the end of the trail. No offense and poor pitching. I'm almost speechless.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Quote Originally Posted by RedFanAlways1966 View Post
    Easy to say this. Who are this year's difference makers that were traded?
    could have been a Cordero, Maddux or someone else.

The point is after all the actvitiy you ended up with a team that wasn't any better than before all the trades.

Quote Originally Posted by George Foster View Post
    that's how this game is played. You don't allow people to hit your best guys.
    I think it's whiny macho-ass posturing by a team whose season is already down the toilet. Maybe I'd agree with you if it was the fourth inning, or the seventh--in those scenarios, it could affect pitch selection to a hitter. But in this scenario it doesn't solve a single thing.

And, honestly, who on the Reds looks like they give enough of a crap to go participate in a brawl at this stage? There's golf to be played, and tennis to be served up. And garbage 40-year-old junkballers to be acquired by the dozen.

Quote Originally Posted by Aronchis View Post
    The real simple answer for todays loss is easy: Harang can't give up 8th inning 2 out homers. Simple as that. That is called letting down your team. He did the start before as well. Harangatan, you have got to raise the level my man.
    Harang lost the game when he gave Winn the base by hitting him when he was ahead in the count.

For a Level Playing Field

IIRC... the last time a REDS pitcher threw one "near" Barry, it cost that pitcher a 5-game suspension. His name was Scott Sullivan.

Quote Originally Posted by Aronchis View Post
    The real simple answer for todays loss is easy: Harang can't give up 8th inning 2 out homers. Simple as that. That is called letting down your team. He did the start before as well. Harangatan, you have got to raise the level my man.
    That's one way to look at it. The other way is that the team continues to blow chance after chance to score runs. Dunn and Griffey have done nothing of late. EE is hitting like the young kid he is.

On the broadcast today, Marty quoted Sparky: you can't do anything if your main hitters don't hit. Correct.

Four runs is ok, but at GABP it's nothing special.

Quote Originally Posted by RANDY IN CHAR NC View Post
    Harang lost the game when he gave Winn the base by hitting him when he was ahead in the count.
    Yep. His pitch count wasn't all that high, so you can't blame it on fatigue. You just can't let that happen.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

2 games under .500 for the first time all year.

I'm afraid it's just the beginning.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw View Post
    2 games under .500 for the first time all year.

I'm afraid it's just the beginning.
    The good news is that the slide down the pooper will only be a month long, not 3 months.

Quote Originally Posted by RedFanAlways1966 View Post
    IIRC... the last time a REDS pitcher threw one "near" Barry, it cost that pitcher a 5-game suspension. His name was Scott Sullivan.
    That was BS. Before Steriods. I can promise you that nothing would happen to you for hitting Bonds. MLB hates Bonds. They wish he would go away.
    1st pick of the 2023 baseball amateur draft

this is a mudslide of epic proportions...absolutely pitiful, sickening, disgraceful, gross, aweful and downright horrible...yet, i'm compelled to put myself through this again tomorrow, just to see bronson blow it

Turn Off Ads?