Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Guardado update

Guardado update

per rotoworld:

Eddie Guardado (forearm) tossed from about 100 feet for about 12 minutes Friday.

"Today was great," he said. "Everything felt good." Guardado is eligible to come off the DL Monday and manager Jerry Narron hinted he could be activated right away. The southpaw will reclaim his closer's role right away.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    For a Level Playing Field

Re: Guardado update

Not trying to be naysayer, but it reminds me of some of the reports we heard relative to Paul Wilson before everything went south again!

Quote Originally Posted by RedFanAlways1966 View Post
    Not trying to be naysayer, but it reminds me of some of the reports we heard relative to Paul Wilson before everything went south again!
    Are we ever going to see Paul Wilson as a Red again?
    Let's make some noise!

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Sean_CaseyRules View Post
    Are we ever going to see Paul Wilson as a Red again?
    Doubt it. After being shut down the season I think he'll probably hang it up for good.

I hope when Eddie returns that we can give him a few games to save. How many games do you think we have lost since he's been out that having him would have made a difference?

Quote Originally Posted by Jefferson24 View Post
    I hope when Eddie returns that we can give him a few games to save. How many games do you think we have lost since he's been out that having him would have made a difference?
    Not many. Eddie pitches the 9th. I don't remember any 9th inning leads we have given up while he was gone. He would of not pitched the 8th today against the Padres.
    1st pick of the 2023 baseball amateur draft

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    per rotoworld:

Eddie Guardado (forearm) tossed from about 100 feet for about 12 minutes Friday.

"Today was great," he said. "Everything felt good." Guardado is eligible to come off the DL Monday and manager Jerry Narron hinted he could be activated right away. The southpaw will reclaim his closer's role right away.
    I question the accuracy of the Rotoworld report. It certainly is NOT in agreement with what McCoy and Brennaman were saying about Gaurdado's situation Sunday on the 2nd inning reporter's sound byte segment.

They said he could not even throw (Saturday or Sunday; not sure which) and were wondering whether he would be seen again alll year.

LIke a poster in this thread they also pointed out that the Reds have not exactly missed him in that they haven't even been able to generate very many oppurtunities where he would have been used anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by jnwohio View Post
    I question the accuracy of the Rotoworld report. It certainly is NOT in agreement with what McCoy and Brennaman were saying about Gaurdado's situation Sunday on the 2nd inning reporter's sound byte segment.

They said he could not even throw (Saturday or Sunday; not sure which) and were wondering whether he would be seen again alll year.

LIke a poster in this thread they also pointed out that the Reds have not exactly missed him in that they haven't even been able to generate very many oppurtunities where he would have been used anyway.

Well, if he's out the rest of the season the chances are slim-to-none that he'd be back again next year.

Thanks for the memories Everyday!

It's always a shame, to me, when a players carear ends with an injury (if, in fact, that is what is happening here).

Quote Originally Posted by George Foster View Post
    Not many. Eddie pitches the 9th. I don't remember any 9th inning leads we have given up while he was gone. He would of not pitched the 8th today against the Padres.

I don't know if thats surely the case. if we had Eddie available, do you bring him in to face Bonds as your lefty-lefty matchup? Harang had Bonds' number up to that point, but you never know.

nothing more than a fan Always Red's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bradmu View Post
    I don't know if thats surely the case. if we had Eddie available, do you bring him in to face Bonds as your lefty-lefty matchup? Harang had Bonds' number up to that point, but you never know.
    Well, Narron had been using Eddie in the 9th only, pretty much.

Harang had been pitching very well, and even though it's the 8th inning, he's still at about 90 pitches and throwing well.

Bonds is what? 1-10 lifetime against Harang at that point?

I'd have stuck with Harang too, in that situation. I look at it this way: every game is like a playoff game for the Reds right now, Harang has been your best pitcher all year long, consistently, and he's still throwing well and he's not tired.

You go down with your best against their best. And that's what happened.

Imagine if Narron had brought in Shack or Cormier to face Bonds and he hit the HR- there would be way more 2nd guessing and angst than there is over letting Harang face him.

I thought it was interesting that Welsh was pretty tough in his criticism of both Harang and Weathers yesterday, for being too much over the plate in both situations. That's good color commentary, in my book.

I have a bad feeling Guardado's about to hit the 60 day DL. A spot will be made for Jason Johnson soon, and this may be it, especially after hearing some of the negative reports about how his arm is doing.

Might as well shutdown EveryDay Eddie and get him ready for NEXT YEAR.

Quote Originally Posted by RBA View Post
    Might as well shutdown EveryDay Eddie and get him ready for NEXT YEAR.
    Is he under contract for next year? I would hope he retires (for his body's sake).
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    Is he under contract for next year? I would hope he retires (for his body's sake).

Pretty sure he's not. And at 6+ Million his salary this year, that might be a good thing. maybe he'll get healthy and come back at a cheaper price.

Turn Off Ads?