Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Normal All-Star Break Implosion Or Near Season's End?

Normal All-Star Break Implosion Or Near Season's End?

Which would you rather have seen. Me personally, I wish it had been the normal All-Star break implosion rather than have my expectations dashed this close to season's end. I know, I know. The season's not over yet, but after witnessing what we have just seen over the last month, is there still really any hope left for this year's team?
    Last edited by dman; 09-04-2006 at 09:08 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Normal All-Star Break Implosion Or Near Season's End?

Easy to say All-Star break because it would have been over and done with by now, but competing for this long was fun. Too bad it had to turn so sour so quick. 10 games since that first Giants win, 9 losses.

The season can't end fast enough for me at this point. These games are like taking line after line of bullets and not keeling over.

It's not even close. I would much rather they contend as long as possible. I'm more of an opitimist so I will still be interested the rest of the season in hopes of the near impossible happening. Baseball is a game, a great game, but it's still a game and I like to enjoy it as much as possible. If the Reds had fallen out of it early on this year it would have been less enjoyable to me. I love the fact that they have been in contention all season and exceeded my expectations. I will, however, expect more next season.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

I'll take this way any day, if for no other reason than more revenue from sustained fan interest = better players in the future.

For a Level Playing Field

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines 1B View Post
    It's not even close. I would much rather they contend as long as possible. I'm more of an opitimist so I will still be interested the rest of the season in hopes of the near impossible happening. Baseball is a game, a great game, but it's still a game and I like to enjoy it as much as possible. If the Reds had fallen out of it early on this year it would have been less enjoyable to me. I love the fact that they have been in contention all season and exceeded my expectations. I will, however, expect more next season.

Manliness Personified HumnHilghtFreel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines 1B View Post
    I couldn't agree any more.

I understand both sides, and I was happy to see them go as long as they have, but it seems as though a scab on a healing wound has been scraped off and now's the time for salt to be poured into it.

I'd rather see them stay in it for as long as possible. At the end of the day baseball is entertainment and I'd rather be entertained for as long as possible than endure ASB collapse for the umpteenth year.

And even if they fight, scratch and claw and fall just short: (1) thats a huge improvement over last year (2) that's a huge improvement over where all of the "experts" thought they'd be and (3) it gives them some momentum and energy to cary into next year. These guys are human and losing all the time has to wear on them.

Turn Off Ads?