Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does Narron get fired at seasons' end if...

Does Narron get fired at seasons' end if...

Do you think Narron gets fired if Reds fall way out of contention or do they honor his deal? I say he's gone if the Reds have any interest in winning in the future.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Does Narron get fired at seasons' end if...

He SHOULD be gone if the free fall continues but that doesn't mean anything. IMO, our new ownership/management has shown they'll pull the trigger, so perhaps he'll go bye bye.

nothing more than a fan Always Red's Avatar

They just re-signed Narron 2 months ago; he's not going anywhere before at least the All Star break next year.

Narron needs a good bench coach and a new pitching coach, unless Vern Ruhle can come back to full time work.

Quote Originally Posted by Always Red View Post
    They just re-signed Narron 2 months ago; he's not going anywhere before at least the All Star break next year.

Narron needs a good bench coach and a new pitching coach, unless Vern Ruhle can come back to full time work.
    K will try and justify the re-signing of Narron by keeping him. Man-pride is a powerful thing.
    1st pick of the 2023 baseball amateur draft

Quote Originally Posted by Always Red View Post

Bucky Dent is a very knowledgable bench coach. I don't really see why he needs to be replaced.

I wish they would can Narron but I think it could be argued that the Reds OVERACHIEVED up to this point. I am friends with one of the minority owners and since back in May, he said this team was . 500 team with not situational hitters and poor defense.

They are going to continue to mix and match and then see if the Reds are better next year. I was so excited that the Reds stayed this long but the season is over. Harang has not been able to close the deal the last few games and Narron cannot make a good decision right now. If he had not left Harang out there, then the bullpen would have blown it. It is just the way it goes right now.

Oh well. Reds still rock!

Retired

Narron isn't going anywhere, even if the Reds tank from now until the end of the season.

The only name out there that would really fire up Reds fans is Piniella; he would cost a fortune and wants to win right away. Given the Reds current position the type of payroll Lou would want isn't really a possibility.

nothing more than a fan Always Red's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Herd Fan View Post
    Bucky Dent is a very knowledgable bench coach. I don't really see why he needs to be replaced.
    Maybe Jerry just needs to listen to him more?? I've been a Narron backer all year, and have defended him to the many criticisms here. Some of that criticism is certainly justified. He continues to make poor decisions- like the decision not to play Junior against Wells, IMO (if it's May or June, it's OK to rest Junior; in September, with our back against the wall and no one else in the OF with pop, Junior has to play). Someone has to talk sense to Narron; not sure if Bucky is doing that or not, or if Narron just does what he thinks is best without getting Dent's input? Not sure, that kind of thing would be great to be addressed on TC's baseball podcast.

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Maybe the Reds need to set a precedent and eat Narron's extension.

Maybe they need to be trendsetters and can him, buy him out, and find someone else to lead this team.

Oh, to dream.

Retired

Plus, since Krivsky seems to model everything after the Twins, they didn't have a history of paying managers huge money while he was there. I guess BobC could go over Wanye's head, but he doesn't seem like that type of guy.

Gary Redus Ruled

He needs to go. The guy is a crappy game manager. You wanna win next year? It starts with dropping the axe on Narron. Eat the money you were foolish to give him in the first place.
    Hoping for another Reds October

I feel Narron has done exactly as Miley did.. (Manage to win early in the season, get a extension then manage like crap afterwards)

I say this if BOB has his way now, Narron will get the ax and Lou will be here opening day 2007!!

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Fazio View Post
    Do you think Narron gets fired if Reds fall way out of contention or do they honor his deal? I say he's gone if the Reds have any interest in winning in the future.
    People really want to rip on Narron -- but did anyone really think this team would be playing meaningful baseball this far into the season?

They've already exceeded the number of wins I had them pegged for this year. I can't see firing Narron bringing them any closer to a WS title. Go get better pitching instead.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post

They've already exceeded the number of wins I had them pegged for this year. I can't see firing Narron bringing them any closer to a WS title. Go get better pitching instead.
    Do you credit Narron for this? I credit WK for getting Arroyo, Ross, BP, and Hatte. Who would have guessed all 4 of those guys would be in team MVP talks.

I think tonight the players except Rich and Scott were sleepwalking out there I know if we worked that way it would not be our boss fault

Turn Off Ads?