Turn Off Ads?

Thread: This is why I live in the past with the Reds

This is why I live in the past with the Reds

only in the erstwhile can the pain of another season of incompetence be numbed, Thinking of Shorty Raudman, Fred Whitfield and Mike Caldwell is an emotional anodyne

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: This is why I live in the past with the Reds

I fully understand; this team is brutal, and the immediately-won faith in Krivsky is confounding.

Andy Larkin would deliver this squad.
    Last edited by Falls City Beer; 09-04-2006 at 10:48 PM.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Only a totally besotted hopelessly glass seven eights full fan could take this abject idiocy. The likes of Jay Ritchie and Tom Frondorf are needed post haste

For a Level Playing Field

Quote Originally Posted by redsupport View Post
    only in the erstwhile can the pain of another season of incompetence be numbed, Thinking of Shorty Raudman, Fred Whitfield and Mike Caldwell is an emotional anodyne
    It can also be said... this season has been more competent compared to recent years.

138 Games
    2006: 68-70, 6 GB
    2005: 64-74, 23.5 GB
    2004: 63-75, 29.5 GB
    2003: 60-78, 12.5 GB

Thinking of Josias Manzanillo, Jimmy Anderson, Jimmy Haynes, Danny Graves (the starter), Jeff Austin, John Riedling, Danny Serafini, Todd Van Poppel, Brian Reith, Tim Hummell, Ercic Valent, Brandon Larson, Russ Branyan, Reuben Mateo, Mark Budzinski, Jim Chamblee, Joe Valentine, J.K. Bong, John Vander Wal, Jason Romano, Darren Bragg, Ramon Ortiz, Randy Keisler, Luis Lopez. etc.

hey ramon ortiz had more homers today than griffey

It's the intellectual equivalent of crawling over broken glass to hang yourself.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Any notion that people have that Krivsky is to blame for this teams lack of success is beyond me. He had 4 MAJOR moves that put us on the map this year (Hatte, BP, Ross, Arroyo). A lot of people have questions about "The Trade" still, but to imagine what this team would have been without WK, is like wondering if we could pass the Pirates in the division.

This team has been AWFUL for years. It is hard to turn a FRANCHISE around so soon. Give the guy longer than 8 months. Tough crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by AvesIce51 View Post
    Any notion that people have that Krivsky is to blame for this teams lack of success is beyond me. He had 4 MAJOR moves that put us on the map this year (Hatte, BP, Ross, Arroyo). A lot of people have questions about "The Trade" still, but to imagine what this team would have been without WK, is like wondering if we could pass the Pirates in the division.

This team has been AWFUL for years. It is hard to turn a FRANCHISE around so soon. Give the guy longer than 8 months. Tough crowd.
    Whatever good Wayne's done, he's undone.

Almost as impressive as the 34 HRs he allowed in 30 starts last year w/ the REDS.

i would take him over joe mays, chris michaluk and brandon claussen

i would take him over joe mays, chris michaluk and brandon claussen
    You'd take none if you were the NY Yankees. You'd buy a #2 or #3 instead.

No argument here. Tough to pick up a good #5 when such a thing is not readily available (names?) w/out involving someone named Homer (via trade or callup). I blame MLB for not having good arms available for the REDS. That Dave Williams guy who was put here by the previous mastermind didn't work. Roger Clemens wouldn't sign here. What do you do? Ask Steinbrenner to loan the team money and buy a senior like Maddux or Wells? What do you do...

I was so hoping no one responded to this thread......
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    Whatever good Wayne's done, he's undone.
    And let all the people say, "AMEN!"
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Wow, it really is impressive how you can work a shot at Jr. into just about any thread.

As the great dandy don used to sing on MNF, "Close the door, turn out the lights"... The Reds are toast again, boyz. Not gonna happen. Wish it coulda, but it ain't gonna.

Another crappy below .500 year in the end. Unless they spend some real somolians on impact free agents, or suddenly start signing better prospects...

Turn Off Ads?