Turn Off Ads?

Thread: What's the word on Griffey?

What's the word on Griffey?

I'm too mad to look through the game thread, does anyone know yet?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: What's the word on Griffey?

day to day.. disloacated toe

I wouldn't think a dislocated toe would keep him out long, especially since thier still mathematically alive in the Wild Card race.

But with Junior, you never know.
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

video board at the game said he dislocated his 2nd toe and that xrays were negative. and Day-to-Day. He limped off the field and it didn't look good. So I'd guess he's out probably 3-7 games. hopefully sooner though.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfan30 View Post
    I wouldn't think a dislocated toe would keep him out long, especially since thier still mathematically alive in the Wild Card race.

But with Junior, you never know.
    My first thought when I heard dislocated toe is "shut down for the season".

Hope not, but we'll see...

I'm taking bets on the over/under.......established line is 5

More importantly, does anyone suspect the Reds will roll off 3-4 wins in a row with Griffey out? Not because we do not need him. But he is slumping and his defense in CF is the worst in the majors for over three years now. He needs to move to RF. He is a class act and a Hall of Famer. If WK is able to get Griffey to move, then the Reds will win the division next year. Mark it down!

Quote Originally Posted by 91OSUAlum View Post
    More importantly, does anyone suspect the Reds will roll off 3-4 wins in a row with Griffey out? Not because we do not need him. But he is slumping and his defense in CF is the worst in the majors for over three years now. He needs to move to RF. He is a class act and a Hall of Famer. If WK is able to get Griffey to move, then the Reds will win the division next year. Mark it down!
    Griffey was slumping? I thought he just ended a 15 game hitting streak a game or 2 ago? I think he's been batting .300+ for the past 25 or so games. I sure would rather have Griffey in the lineup then Denorfia or Hollandsworth.

Since Aug. 1st,

Griffey's line

5 HRs, 11 RBIs, 5 GDP, 22 K, OBP .392, SLG .500

But those stats lie. Here are the key stats.

RISP - AVG .213
    RISP w/ Two Outs - AVG .161

Defense - Has cost us one game on the brutal road trip and several more during the year as he is just not capable of getting to balls any more.

Batting AVG means nothing if he does not produce when the team needs him.

Last 16 games when the Reds have gone 5-11 and pissed away the season.

Griffey - 1HR, 3 RBIs

So stats lie!

Stats do not lie.

Stats can tell us the real story of run production and runs allowed.

In order to read that story we must first understand the stats. Some stats are far more telling than others.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Madden View Post
    Stats do not lie.

Stats can tell us the real story of run production and runs allowed.

In order to read that story we must first understand the stats. Some stats are far more telling than others.
    Well stated. The "stats lie" comment was followed by more stats...doesn't make sense.

BS. total BS. Who is going to replace his numbers? Denorfia? Hollandsworth? Who?

I've said it elsewhere and I'll say it here. I hope Krivsky trades him for another couple of worthless pitchers. Or DFA's him. Then, and only then will he be able to play in a place where he is appreciated as a hall of famer and pretty darn good player.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Since Aug. 1st,

Griffey's line

5 HRs, 11 RBIs, 5 GDP, 22 K, OBP .392, SLG .500

But those stats lie. Here are the key stats.

RISP - AVG .213
    RISP w/ Two Outs - AVG .161

Defense - Has cost us one game on the brutal road trip and several more during the year as he is just not capable of getting to balls any more.

Batting AVG means nothing if he does not produce when the team needs him.

Last 16 games when the Reds have gone 5-11 and pissed away the season.

Griffey - 1HR, 3 RBIs

So stats lie!
    Ok, let's look at Dunn, Fan Favorite Freel, Brandon Phillips, Edwin, and tohers. This has been a team effort.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

The more accurate statement would have been "Stats are deceiving". I noted a while ago that Junior was hitting consistently but was lacking significant production. In fact, the other teams were limiting his production. When he was getting hits or on base, it wasn't doing much, if any, damage. That's not to single him out, because you could say that for any number of the Reds this past month.

Turn Off Ads?