Turn Off Ads?

Thread: The "Joe Mays" interview

Passion for the game Team Clark's Avatar

The "Joe Mays" interview

I had the opportunity to interview Joe Mays while in Louisville today. Excellent discussion. Joe was very forthcoming about his situation and what has happened to him this year. Pretty honest guy. I was scheduled to interview with Jason Johnson but he left before I got there to join the Reds in Cincy. I wish Joe and I had more time because we were having a blast. I also answered a question from Springfield Fan. Trying something a little different with this show. Hope you enjoy.

www.baseballontheweb.com
    It's absolutely pathetic that people can't have an opinion from actually watching games and supplementing that with stats. If you voice an opinion that doesn't fit into a black/white box you will get completely misrepresented and basically called a tobacco chewing traditionalist...
    Cedric 3/24/08

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Manliness Personified HumnHilghtFreel's Avatar

Re: The "Joe Mays" interview

Good Stuff. The audio on the interview got kind of quiet, but it wasn't anything that couldn't be fixed by turning it up a little bit.

I really liked when he talked about being traded for the first time. That would have been a good question to ask, because I always wonder how different guys take it when they get traded. The business aspect and then the personal part about leaving people behind like he talked about.

It was also interesting to hear him acknowledge that he was "terrible" this year, but at the same time nice to hear that he seems to be taking it seriously in the minors to improve himself.

I look forward to the next installment!

I'm excited to give it a listen. However, it doesn't seem to be working for me today. It just sits there trying to load and then times out. Anybody else have problems with it this morning?
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

I just tried it and it works. I have rcv'd several e-mails today and so far so good. Is it not coming up when you try to play it or download it?
    It's absolutely pathetic that people can't have an opinion from actually watching games and supplementing that with stats. If you voice an opinion that doesn't fit into a black/white box you will get completely misrepresented and basically called a tobacco chewing traditionalist...
    Cedric 3/24/08

Looks like it was a firefox issue. I was able to DL it just fine using IE. Thanks TC. Can't wait to listen.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsManRick View Post
    Looks like it was a firefox issue. I was able to DL it just fine using IE. Thanks TC. Can't wait to listen.
    Good to know.

The shows have been getting a lot of plays lately. I did notice that the "downloads" are not included in the number of times played stat. Allin all the shows have been played several thousand times. More than I expected.

We are included in several podcasting search engines. We are also posted on 5 other message boards which I thought was pretty interesting. Networking is certainly helpful.

We're still trying to get the word out about the need for funds. Anyone interested in donating please go to the site and click on the Make a Donation button. Slowly but surely we are getting donations $5, $10, $30 and $50. Greatly appreciated.
    Cedric 3/24/08

nothing more than a fan Always Red's Avatar

Excellent interview of Joe Mays, TC.

You could tell Mays was very much at ease, and it sounded much like just 2 guys talking, rather than a standard interview filled with cliches.

Nice work!

Quote Originally Posted by Always Red View Post
    Excellent interview of Joe Mays, TC.

You could tell Mays was very much at ease, and it sounded much like just 2 guys talking, rather than a standard interview filled with cliches.

Nice work!
    Thanks. That is the whole concept of this show and the interviews. I try to stay away from "What is your favorite color?", "What's it like to be in the Big Leagues?", "What player influenced you the most?". I wanted to go more in depth but we were on a time limit.
    Cedric 3/24/08

Agreed on the review. I very much enjoyed the last segment regarding pitching coaches. You neverThat type of stuff

Quote Originally Posted by RedsManRick View Post
    Agreed on the review. I very much enjoyed the last segment regarding pitching coaches. You neverThat type of stuff
    Good to know. I was trying my best to put into words what my hands were trying to explain!
    Cedric 3/24/08

Turn Off Ads?